my (small) collection

Michael24

Don't have much to do today, so I thought I'd take some pics of what I have and share them.

The antidote vial I got off eBay a couple years ago and it's a tad different I believe, but still looks pretty good. The idol I got at San Diego ComiCon in 2005 and was something I had wanted for a long time, so it was very exciting to finally get one.

These were items I got in 2005 at Disneyland's 10th anniversary celebration for the Forbidden Eye ride. The Indy figure in the third picture was one I bought at Disneyland in about 2003, and there's a "Micro Indy" in the temple entrance in the first pic that I bought there as well.

I bought both of these at Disneyland during separate trips in the last few years. The little snowglobe plays a MIDI version of the "Raiders March" when you turn it on.

Finally, I bought this at Disneyland just this past October thinking it was a tie-in for the new film, but having seen how the skull in the film will apparently look, I'm guessing this is just a generic item and not something related to the film after all.

Anyway, there's my small collection. I also have posters for all three films, but don't currently have them up yet.

tnswman

GREAT start my man!! Are you going to collect more toys or just props?

I got one of those skulls too LOL!

Michael24

I always seem to have limited space, so I have to be picky about what I collect. I'm not really one to just grab one of everything just to have it, so I only pick up certain items. I might get some more toys if I find ones I like, but I'd like to get more props, like the Ra headpieces, a Sankara stone, a Holy Grail, etc.

The_Raiders

You say small collection? I just have a lego Indy, a custom 12 indy, 2 fedoras (black andwho knows what the name of the other color is:rolleyes: ), and that's it.

The_Raiders

I think the crystal skull you have is a Nancy Drew thing. I think this because I was at the store today and decided to look in the electronic section and there was athing called "Nancy Drew and the legend of the Crystal Skull" there was a pic on the box that looked almost identical to yours.

UltimateManGod

The_Raiders said:
I think the crystal skull you have is a Nancy Drew thing. I think this because I was at the store today and decided to look in the electronic section and there was athing called "Nancy Drew and the legend of the Crystal Skull" there was a pic on the box that looked almost identical to yours.

It still is pretty cool though. He can display it as the skull from the Max McCoy books. I enjoyed those books. I thought it would be cool if Indy could reference the fact that he encountered that crystal skull in the film. Especially since they don't physically seem related. I was actually worried they would just rehash the same type of skull from the books and ignore the books entirely. Not anymore. (y)

The_Raiders

UltimateManGod said:
It still is pretty cool though. He can display it as the skull from the Max McCoy books. I enjoyed those books. I thought it would be cool if Indy could reference the fact that he encountered that crystal skull in the film. Especially since they don't physically seem related. I was actually worried they would just rehash the same type of skull from the books and ignore the books entirely. Not anymore. (y)

I didn't say it wasn't cool. I just said it looked like a picture of a crystal skull on a Nacy Dreww thing. :rolleyes:

UltimateManGod

The_Raiders said:
I didn't say it wasn't cool. I just said it looked like a picture of a crystal skull on a Nacy Dreww thing. :rolleyes:

I didn't want to accuse you of saying that. That was more my reaction to it being something from Nancy Drew. I wouldn't have expected something that worked so well as an Indy artifact and was pretty sweet to begin with would have come from a young female detective series. Pleasantly surprising. :)

The_Raiders

UltimateManGod said:
I didn't want to accuse you of saying that. That was more my reaction to it being something from Nancy Drew. I wouldn't have expected something that worked so well as an Indy artifact and was pretty sweet to begin with would have come from a young female detective series. Pleasantly surprising. :)

lol. Yeah I've never read/heard of any Nancy Dreww stuff, for some reason i thought she was a reall person who wrote the Hardy Boys series!

UltimateManGod

I used to have a couple Hardy Boys books I read once when I was younger, so I know who she is at least, but that was about it. I vaguely remember the books. They were alright. Now, I think I'll get some sleep. It's 2 am, and I have class at 8. :sleep:

The_Raiders

I'v only read one hardy boys book. I'm not a fan of them, the book was alright just not something I'd read. My little cousin on the other hand loves hardy boys books. :D

Michael24

I loved The Hardy Boys Casefiles that were published in the '80s and early-90s. The boys were grown up and there was a slightly more mature edge to the stories sometimes involving terrorism and murder. Had some great entries.

I looked all over the Indy store at Disneyland for the skull, but finally found it in the adjacent shop nestled among a bunch of Pirates of the Caribbean merchandise.