God would have given us wings.

DocWhiskey

I used to throw up when the plane would land when I was little, but that stopped around 9 or 10 years old. Now I usually just listen to some quiet music and go to sleep for the duration of the time. I'm not afraid of crashing, mainly because you have a better chance of getting in a car crash then a plane crash.

No Ticket

Every time I read this thread title I want to say this so I'm gonna say it anyway.

If God had meant for us to fly he'd have given us wings...

Well, he gave us the knowledge to figure out how to build airplanes. So I guess he did mean for us to fly... eventually. haha.

No Ticket said:
So I guess he did mean for us to fly... eventually. haha.

How many bird's engines fail, sending them crashing to the ground and exploding? How many fleas on a birds back develop DVT?:dead:

Lord_glavin

ugh, i've been on enough airplanes to cause a small hole in the ozone from the carbon emissions

flying from NZ to the USA to Europe and back again at least 3 times a year lol

I don't mind airplanes, its airports I can't stand, especially LAX, I get stuck there for an average 9 hours, and it kills :dead:

ElodieJones

Not afraide of flying either.
But I admit in very very little planes I'm not so calm and cool :p
Yesterday I made a skydiving, I will start a new thread about it.

Agent Z

I've always wondered if planes are safer than cars...

Is it a skewed stat, unfairly balanced by the enormity of cars in the world, as opposed to the scant number of planes in the sky?

If I do something 1,000,000 more times a day than another activity, then obviously I'm more apt to run into trouble than not.

What really matters in the end are the odds of survival when an accident does happen, be it in a car or plane. I would like to see a study on that....

I Hate Snakes!

I'm not afraid of planes much, but I really hate that they are very loud. I am constantly next to the engine. It would be a whole lot better if I were closer to the cockpit. (Why do they call it a "cockpit?" :confused:)

The_Raiders

Well tomorrow I'm gonna be flyin on a plane for the first time by myself, alittle bit nervouse..... who am I kidding I'm pretty dang nervouse!! :eek: , So wish me luck guys and gals. (y) :hat:

Michael24

Good luck. :)

I haven't been on an airplane since I was about 16 months old or so (no memory of it, of course). I've always been hesistant to fly. I'm not particularly afraid of heights or anything, so I guess it's the fear of crashing more than anything else. (When I was little, I actually had a fear of being hijacked, which came back a little after 9/11.) I've always thought, "Just knowing my luck, the first time I finally get on a plane after all these years, something bad will just happen to occur on my flight." But I received an invite to visit England this summer with a friend, so if I'm able to square away the money issues, I guess I'll have to just grit my teeth and deal with it in order to make the trip. Maybe I can have them knock me out beforehand like they always did to Mr. T on The A-Team. :D

The_Raiders

I'v flown several times before, one time the night before one of our planes took off my mom made us watch a movie about, yep, a plane crash. Iacually enjoy flying, just not for too long, then it's boring. it's the air port stuff I don't like too confusing :confused:

~KAT~

I love flying! I go on long 6+ hour trips, sometimes. I usually sleep most of the time. I have flown from San Francisco to Florida, Mexico, and NEw York. Sadly, no where else. I have also been flying alone since I was 10, or so.

The only thing that bugs me are the leg cramps....

Lord_glavin

well I've got another one of my NZ --> USA trips coming up

4 hours here to sydney
14 HOURS sydney to San Fran
and then another 6 or so hours to boston
then 4 hour drive

+ waiting in airports

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
jeeeeeeeeet laaaaaaggggggggg

also, this will prolly be one of my last trips, gas prices do take their toll
Europe keeps sounding better than NZ everyday

indy93

I love flying!!!!! i am really into aeroplanes and aircraft recogniton. In fact im going flying on saturday to do aerobatics and stuff.:D :D :D

indy93

here is a picture of the grob G115e tutor the aircraft im going flying in.
Grob-Tutor-G115E_300.jpg

Horchata

I fly usually twice a week, and very rarely have scares. Ironically the last flight I was on began taking off, the front lifted up, then immediatly went back down. The pilot came on and told us the fuel pump in engine one went out right when we lifted up. So lucky me, I got to sit on a plane on the runway for 3 hours.

Indy Pendant

I'm totally afraid of flying but I put up with it because I love to travel. I think I last flew in October. I always manage to fall asleep when the pilot announces that we're starting our descent; that'll be a problem if I ever fly to Europe again.

RyuX13

I've only been up in the sky three times (four if you count parasailing) and I had a blast every time! Third time I flew I actually got to fly the plane..that was pretty exciting.:D