Which Wine to whine about . . .

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
Me too: :p

giant_wine_glass.jpg

Pinot Grigio, and currently we have an unopened bottle of mezzacorona waiting, and a 1989 Perrier Jouet, which we were going to drink on our first Anniversary...now we'll need another occassion.

Nice! I am sure you wil have plenty to toast soon!

Pale Horse

Staff member
I lost a BET!

Yep in-deedy your fearless moderator can be less then perfect sometimes. As a result I owe a bottle of Rodney Strong Alexander's Crown, or so he says. Any suggestions to something compareable that I can wow him with?

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
I lost a BET!

Yep in-deedy your fearless moderator can be less then perfect sometimes. As a result I owe a bottle of Rodney Strong Alexander's Crown, or so he says. Any suggestions to something compareable that I can wow him with?

What was the bet? I know you didnt' be on the Bronco's as they were the same place my Steelers were this post-season, the couch . . .

Rodney Strong fans a a bit wierd, they really like those wines. The Alex Crown is a single vineyard wine and retails for about $30 a bottle, so if that is what he wants, buy it and run. For the same price point and stlye, Chalk Hill Cabernet is very good as is Jordan, they are both Sonoma Cabs. Pay a bit more for a big Napa Cab like Franciscan or Silver Oak (well that would be Silver Oak Alexander Valley, so another Sonoma), But trust Rodney fans, love those wines.

Pale Horse

Staff member
T'was about the sex of my child, confirmed by the doctor the last Friday in January. :)

Now, all that's left is to be sure the doctor was right. He says he won't tell a couple the sex of a baby unless he is sure. Only birth will tell.

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
T'was about the sex of my child, confirmed by the doctor the last Friday in January. :)

Now, all that's left is to be sure the doctor was right. He says he won't tell a couple the sex of a baby unless he is sure. Only birth will tell.

Well, Boy or Girl?

Doc Savage

Pale Horse said:
Dr. says I put the stem on the apple. (y)
Congrats, Thanatos! And double to your fair lady!!! I'm still bowled over by the differences in parenting my boy as opposed to my daughter. Believe you me, pale rider, there is nothing comparable to fatherhood!

roundshort

Pale, how is the baby growing comng along. Can you drink yet? I have a wine thing at club 33 coming up, might do a second at at N.R.

Pale Horse

Staff member
83 days and counting. But who's counting. T'will be nice to sip on some fermented grape juice soon. With the recent weather, I have been outside on the patio at the grill, and craving a nice bottle of Fire Station Red 2003 Shiraz, to enjoy as the days get longer. We are between beer seasons with football being over and Memorial day still a ways away. Wine, or a nice Armadale martini is definately in season.

The 33 is nice, (had a chance to dine there once) but I didn't know they did wine things though. 'Course that was 15 years ago. What's the wine thang?

EDIT:

P.S. How was your trip?

Last edited:

roundshort

The gang is in fine form at NR, and Andrew has really outdone himself this year! Club 33 is great the remodel done a few years a go looks great!

Both are a must do when in DL!

roundshort

I know 97, what a guy! Well now it is in "shudder" Gina's hands. I am sure Bob Mondavi, although sad, has a bit of a smile on his face!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
A toast to Ernest from the SJ valley. He almost made it to 100 (and 2010 when the death dax expires temporarily). The fed got a big chunk of $1.3B yesterday, as if the alcohol taxes weren't enough.

Joe Brody

Moedred said:
A toast to Ernest from the SJ valley. He almost made it to 100 (and 2010 when the death dax expires temporarily). The fed got a big chunk of $1.3B yesterday, as if the alcohol taxes weren't enough.

[Jokingly]In another life methinks Moedred belonged to a militia group in Montana and spent much of his free time declaring large portions of the state soveriegn territory, free of the IRS's reach.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
[Jokingly]In another life methinks Moedred belonged to a militia group in Montana and spent much of his free time declaring large portions of the state soveriegn territory, free of the IRS's reach.

He is right ti B**ch about it! The government takes WAY too much tax on alcohol, I mean really, has it ever really hurt anyone?