Fedora

The fact that a lot of other people misspell it as "Revolked" doesn't make it right....

Or do you also use the word "Irregardless"??

Speaking of being stupid and wrong......

ClintonHammond said:
The fact that a lot of other people misspell it as "Revolked" doesn't make it right....

Or do you also use the word "Irregardless"??

Speaking of being stupid and wrong......

I mostly use bare knuckles when I cannot get to a gun or a knife. Lately I been missing jail house sex with men and have had you on my mind.. Lackie wana..

Stupid and wrong I thought involved being broke, on the wrong forums, miserable inside, having a dorks ICQ number and being married to fat ugly women.

The fact that a lot of people do say or use anything does not necessarily make it anything but historically makes it wrong if you look at the %'s. Weak people have to seek group support in their lame attacks and some think this can dissuade the convicted and correct into reconsidering their rightness.

The only thing I ever though was more wrong than one fool is a gang of fools that support the one.

As for me I will let the internet record speak as in the three years I have been on these lame ass message boards I have seen the lot of the *****s come, go and become the flavor of the month and I have grown sted fast all the while with my bitter flavor not so desired by the weak or heart and wallet.

Two kinds in life and that is the suscessful and the bitter. Sad part of it is that any one can do it and the oppertunities are around us all the time and unfortunatly 99.99% are too stupid or lazy to take the oppertunities and go with them.

A little ambition will go a long way young man. You should apply some of that misdirected enery on something positive and maybe you would remove yours self from the bitter list.

The Oil sands is paying good up your way right now. Do you want me to hook you up with a job that pays about a 10 thousand times what you are used to getting now so you can pull out of that bitter misery and stop spinning your wheels on some lame message board and get up money to buy you a real hat ?

Charlie

"Two kinds in life and that is the suscessful and the bitter."

And only the latter spend as much time online, proving what dullards they are, as you do......

Is English your 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) language?

That would explain a lot........

"A little ambition will go a long way"?
"ambition is the last refuge of failure"..... and you seem to have so much ambition in this thread......

???

ClintonHammond said:
"Two kinds in life and that is the suscessful and the bitter."

And only the latter spend as much time online, proving what dullards they are, as you do......

Is English your 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) language?

That would explain a lot........

"A little ambition will go a long way"?
"ambition is the last refuge of failure"..... and you seem to have so much ambition in this thread......

???

Clinton I do not have a spoken language as I am a mute from birth. However you are correct that english is my 4th language as it is preceeded by navajo, ulu and faber. Sorry youmissed the gist of the joust but thats ok mark another up for the gh online guy.

Charlie

roundshort

Charlie,

Do you know Nathan from Colorado, i have always been a fan of his hats?
Also, if people have an issue with your spelling, mine sucks, why not write using your 1st language? As a former Marine, I know that Naajo is an easy language to learn . . .

roundshort said:
Charlie,

Do you know Nathan from Colorado, i have always been a fan of his hats?
Also, if people have an issue with your spelling, mine sucks, why not write using your 1st language? As a former Marine, I know that Naajo is an easy language to learn . . .

I dso know Nate and helped him get set back up right a little after his shop burned back a few years ago.

I recently had the privledge of meeting Nate Both in Clintwood where we loaded a couple blocking machine on his buggy that he bought from me. Then he and his Sister came on up here and we had a good visit. I have a couple photos of him out here as he was leaving with the machines.

Nate has the distinction of being the only Native American " Master Hatter" in the USA today. Nate used to work for Bounty Hunter many years prior to opening on his own. I am not sure whom the Robert Character that works for with or what concern he has with Nate now but I do know he could be Clinton's clone as he is about as smart assed and stupid as Clinton is.

Nate is a good marketeer and has a good gig going with the local chamber of commerce there and should make a fine business out of his shop in soon time I would think.

Nate has a nice brochure and card and does a bang up walk in biz. The real money is currently in western hats if you are in this for the money its the place to be.

About the language, I was just Bsing Hemphead there as I speak fluent Hillbilleze mostly and that is about all.

Charlie

roundshort

Nice! Stepehn King (from Bounty Hunter) is a very, very good friend. I am lucky enough to have a few of his hats, a 100% bever ivory western, and a great straw job for golf!

I have a few jackets also. Nate is a good guy and I hope he and his Mancos store do well. I always liked the idea that the rich tourists in Telluride would buyt he hats, and ***** about the price, and the real ranchers would buy the same hat, and say it would be the last hate they would ever need!

The ranchers would get into theri 1979 Ford F-150, whiel the rich tourists jumped in thier new Hummer!

Keep up the good work!

Roundshort, glad you bring it all up. Want to appologize as I thought this was more a kids forum to have fun on.

Two different markets entirly. The ranchers are working cowboys that depend on that hat and when they spend the 200 extra for a beaver over a rabbit or a blend they know they can have it cleaned and blocked and last them a life time.

The Tourist have not been educated and are nort really going to buy the hat to wear but as a toy hat really and will not put the coin into it so often. It takes an education to teach folks the difference. Giving that education as a poor teacher is what got me banned from the other hat forums. Not the education so much as how I presented it in a demanding and fustrated tone. Now the same bunch think any beaver hat is the best and I cannot educate them on the vast difference in beaver. Nate was fortunate enough to come here and see what the difference in a sterling beaver hat and a plain beaver hat is. In fact I just recalled I think he took off one of these sterling beaver hats bodies to make his person hat from. Seems like a Vauge memory now it all was just too short a visit.

Now CJ down at Jackson hole has the real biz and she commands top dollar from her wealthy clientelle and they pay it with a passion. Here again its another type of tourist I think is all and a different market.

She is doing about more custom and off the shelf biz than anyone not hitting the Rodeo's right now I think.

In Nates line you about have to make the Rodeo circuit. I have many western hatter friends right now and most backed up almost 2 years on new orders. To me that is just unthinkable.

If Nate puts them machines to work he can do a fine custom biz for the cheap stakes comming through and also do a fine hand made hat for the folks wishing that level of service.

You see so much bickering on these forums over the few heads that is one them and who will cover them. Its all just unlearnedness and there is more heads out there than all the hatters everwhere can cover and the ones that cooperate will be the winners and the bitter as gaul ones that try to get the forum crowd is going to be the losers.

The movie hat is not an automatic winner as well but I will just direct them thoughts to here: http://www.gladhatter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22147#22147 as its too much to repeat.

Charlie

roundshort

Very cool post!

I remember havignthe same conversation with Steve King (Bounty Hunter, not author). It is a battle. I was lucky enought o spend a few weekends working on cattle fences with some real wranglers (which I think is funny, are part time jobs, as there is NO money in cattle on a small basis) but they all raise roping calfs. I never really understood the hat until you are inthe sun for about 15 to 16 hours, cutting pine, making posts and string barbed wire. A baseball cap just doesn't cut it.

These hats were great. As far as I know Nate is still 100% by hand, but I agree for the tourists he should crank out some of these "high-end" machine made deals and sell them for 300 to 400 a piece, and keep the high end, 500 to 900 dollers for the real deal. I always liked seeing the mancos shop, and the old equipment. The bright color of the rodeo hats are not my thing, but I know it is important. I love my ivory 100% Lizard Head. it is a great hat, and although needs to be reblocked still looks great.

I still want s big brimmed silver belly! Oh well, Thanks for the link, stuff looks great!

roundshort said:
Very cool post!

I love my ivory 100% Lizard Head. it is a great hat, and although needs to be reblocked still looks great.

I still want s big brimmed silver belly! Oh well, Thanks for the link, stuff looks great!

I know that ivory is one bute of a hat. Ahhh the Silverbelly....... My favorite of the lot most of the time. I actually have 2 western and I think 5 fedora Natural undyed sterling beaver silver belly bodies from 1920 and this is the real thing not dyed a silver belly color and not dyed at all but silver from the color of the fur from the mature beaver available then. If you get a chance to look ad Dr. Kussin's galleries you will see one made into a hat there.

I have a lot better modern felt than the 1920 felt and its a myth that older felt is better even thou much of it is better than the commercial crap but I have modern felts that will pale felt from any era to shame.

Lots of myth surrounding hats.

Charlie

roundshort

It is an art, Too bad too many cheap (although they can cost a lot) hats with famous names are on the market. If you want a good one it has to be had made from great quailty felt, period. I hope to have one of your hats some day Charlie!

I keep hoping to have a couple of them as well but it never seems to happen. I do get the rejects that are experimented on but never quite finished but seems as if time never permits me to get a full blown finished hat. I have a beautiful dark rich grey on the block now for months and never get to work on it. I will get me a silver belly or maybe now one of them Silver Clouds for my burial hat. Hope to get to wear it out dancing a few times before I am put to rest in it how ever. :cool:

Charlie

Jafo

Does he make hats for Kevin Federline?

Who makes the best fedoras? I?ve bought too many ?Official? hats that look like crap too soon after I buy them. I want to get one that lasts. I want to buy THE BEST with out spending a ton of money.

How much money is a ton? If you had a ton of $1 bills, how much would that be?

M.C.

Herbert Johnson from TODD's costume. still The most accurate thing ! even if the quality is not the same as the original, the color is very close !