mine cart/young indy prototypes on ebay

real? old news?
IMG_5007a.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indiana-Jones-train-cart-hardcopy-hard-copy-prototype-/251077556942?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a75637ace
$(KGrHqJ,!p4E-8c)Gb48BPyvgK6fvw~~60_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indiana-Jones-Young-Indy-hardcopy-hard-copy-prototype-should-cancled-version-/261037294325?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3cc70902f5

Palaceslave_82

Wow, didn't even know Hasdon't had gone ahead with a prototype of the mine car. Nice detail,and scale. Twice now the most fun playset of the series has been canceled. A three pack of dusty and disheveled Indy, Willie and Shorty would have been too much to take.....*luckilyIhavemyown*

Kevin

These are pretty cool! It would be nice if Hasbro could get these out in some fashion, as they did with wave 5.

Lance Quazar

While I think there is an excellent chance this is all faked, wouldn't it be great if they did another exclusive item for the 30th Anniversary of TOD? Maybe just a mine cart with a couple of figures, sell it at Comic Con....?

As history showed, they would sell out in seconds on HTS if nothing else.

Palaceslave_82

That would make an excellent exclusive;let's hope Hasbro handled it a little better than the lost Raiders wave,however, (doubles of the same character packaged in, paint flaking off shortly after being opened,etc.)

Montana Smith

I thought Scout Indy was the most disappointing figure of this series. He's a loose end with nobody to play with.

If these are genuine, then hopefully somewhere out there are prototype sculpts of Shorty and Willie to fit in the mine car, and an Indy designed to hang on the outside.

michael

Montana Smith said:
I thought Scout Indy was the most disappointing figure of this series. He's a loose end with nobody to play with.
True for the kids that play with these toys.

But for collectors like yourself and me, I thought it was nice they gave us that young Indy to go with the other 4 movie versions of Indy.

Plus I thought it was one of the better sculpts.

Montana Smith

michael said:
True for the kids that play with these toys.

But for collectors like yourself and me, I thought it was nice they gave us that young Indy to go with the other 4 movie versions of Indy.

Plus I thought it was one of the better sculpts.

The whole line, being so short-lived, ended up being very selective. Its lack of play value for children eager to re-enact scenes was a catch-22.

Palaceslave_82

I can't believe no one has snapped up that mine car; a few orders for someone with the ability to mold copies, and the thing would pay for itself. Has anyone requested proof these are Hasbro molds?

Lance Quazar

Palaceslave_82 said:
I can't believe no one has snapped up that mine car; a few orders for someone with the ability to mold copies, and the thing would pay for itself. Has anyone requested proof these are Hasbro molds?

My days of wasting big bucks on prototypes is over.

While I don't think I'd get burned like I did buying the "lost wave" protos (as I can't imagine this will ever get a release), I do have an extremely spiffy mine cart in my collection already. At least as good as Hasbro's.

:)