Blooper reels

Forbidden Eye

Stoo said:
Hey, there's more to it than just Babs. Do you think it was a practical joke on Harrison Ford or Steven Spielberg? It's commonly referred to as a joke on Ford but it seems like he is privy to the prank and that the joke is directed towards Spielberg. (According to the late, Pat Roach, Steven said to Irvin Kershner, "Get off my set!", but it's absent from the footage.) What do you think, Forbidden Eye?

I recall that when we first see Ford, he seems to be acting like he's supposed to, but once Babs starts talking, Ford starts to crack up realizing its a prank. I'm not sure how it was planed, but it looked liked Ford at least wasn't sure when Babs would show up. The one dominant emotion I had watching the video was just how random it was seeing I'm unaware of any connection Streisand has with Lucas/Spielberg/Ford besides this incident.

And I must echo how lame it is for Paramount to remove your video. Its not like they ever showed that clip much that they're somehow loosing profit(unless they plan to release it on the Blu-Ray). Heck, this clip probably made people interested in rewatching TOD. If they did edit remove it for the "faggot" line, that's pretty sad considering the context in which it was being used was pretty harmless. Then again, we live in a world where we can't even read Huckleberry Finn as it was written.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Forbidden Eye said:
The one dominant emotion I had watching the video was just how random it was seeing I'm unaware of any connection Streisand has with Lucas/Spielberg/Ford besides this incident.

Extract from The Unauthorised Biography - Steven Spielberg by John Baxter...a bit of a hachet job but a fun read with this nugget of lead....

img660.jpg

img659.jpg

Rocket Surgeon said:
Interesting to see the spread of something from "patient zero." How long before someone digitally erases Stoo's Network ID?

Well we had an outbreak which hasn't quite burned out yet...JoBlo's strain is still viewable on some sites.

What is bothersome is his advertising "preview." I wouldn't be as irked if he hadn't "stamped" it as well. At least he didn't put it over the StooTV ID.

It's been interesting to watch the spread...

The Village Voice

You have to trust me on this one.

In the blurry but still discernable video in the attached link, Barbra Streisand is done up in full leather dominatrix gear and whipping Harrison Ford like a maniac.

No, she's not mad because he gave her hydrangeas.

It's long hidden footage of a practical joke played by Babs and Carrie Fisher on the set of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, where they ambushed Ford, who actually looks quite pleased with the domination.

Towards the end of the short clip, Barbra is heard to mutter something that people swear is "I feel like a faggot."

Oh, Babsy.

You don't want to alienate a group that comprises, um, let me see, 100 PERCENT OF YOUR FAN BASE!

Thanks to our own Jonster for the tip.

I'm not all that surprised by the relative silence...with some outlets claiming the faggot line is questionable I checked again, and it's crystal clear ladies.

Banged Madonna nice too...:rolleyes:

Guess I found a reason to use that word Stoo!

Thanks "Babs"!

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
Extract from The Unauthorised Biography - Steven Spielberg by John Baxter...a bit of a hachet job but a fun read with this nugget of lead....
So that's the Babs connection! I never knew she & Steven had a fling! Thanks for the info, JJ.:hat:
Rocket Surgeon said:
Well we had an outbreak which hasn't quite burned out yet...JoBlo's strain is still viewable on some sites.

What is bothersome is his advertising "preview." I wouldn't be as irked if he hadn't "stamped" it as well. At least he didn't put it over the StooTV ID.
It irks me that the original upload was mainly for Indy fans but JoBlo's article caused the clip to reach the general masses and, thus, eventually lead to its removal. The video sat on YouTube, undisturbed, for almost 9 months.:(

What is sad is that JoBlo claims to have googled StooTV but found nothing which is bull. They also told me that the transcription was taken from Moedred`s Live Journal but they didn`t bother crediting him either!:rolleyes: (Although, now a link has been added to my YouTube channel...AFTER the damage has been done.)

Yes, it's still viewable on many sites but on JoBlo.com it says: THE VIDEO IN QUESTION WAS REMOVED AT THE REQUEST OF LUCASFILM

So Paramount came after me while Lucasfilm blew the whistle on JoBlo. (Guess neither of them realize it`s still up on YAHOO News!)
Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm not all that surprised by the relative silence...with some outlets claiming the faggot line is questionable I checked again, and it's crystal clear ladies.

Guess I found a reason to use that word Stoo!

Thanks "Babs"!
Das ist verboten!:p Unbelievable how that one word and who said it is the main focus of attention on the various websites. It`s eclipsing the other aspects of the prank which, to me, are much more interesting.(n)

Dear me, "The Village Voice". Guilt is starting to wear on me when I read the overwhelming amount of negative comments and loss of respect for Streisand. The footage is from Spielberg's private collection and some things are meant to stay private for a reason.:eek: I feel bad for Babs.

Indy's brother

Well, I've since found the video posted on other pages. This footage has been downloaded and saved to hard-drives everywhere (thanks to your efforts, Stoo!), and I'm sure it will be reposted off and on for years to come. It'll never be gone forever. ;)

Oh, and I don't feel bad for Striesand, she will weather this small storm easily. And in a month or less it will be forgotten.

JuniorJones said:
George Lucas:A biography - John Baxter (1999)
Wu Shan!:D

So when exactly DID he divorce Amy Irving?

He's married, (separated?) dabbling in Barbara, and being "consoled" by Capshaw...

♫ Looking for love in all the wong places, looking for love with too many faces...

russds

Read this here:

'Julian Glover (Walter Donovan): My favourite memory is Sean making up that line, "She talks in her sleep." It was on the spot. Harrison said, "How did you know she's a Nazi?" and he said that, and they had to stop filming. Everybody just fell on the floor and Steven said, "Well, that's in."'

Sounds funny! That's got to be in a blooper reel somewhere. :)

russds

Another 'blooper reel' moment from that article (sorry, i guess i can't go back and edit after a certain period of time).

Talking about ToD: "Quan: ...On the set, Harrison played jokes on Steven all the time. There's one shot where the mine car pops up into frame. Right before we did it, Harrison got ice-cream cones and gave some to me and Kate. When Steve said, "Action," we all popped up with ice-cream smeared all over our faces. Steven just said, "That's great, print that one!""

Daley

russds said:
Talking about ToD: "Quan: ...On the set, Harrison played jokes on Steven all the time. There's one shot where the mine car pops up into frame. Right before we did it, Harrison got ice-cream cones and gave some to me and Kate. When Steve said, "Action," we all popped up with ice-cream smeared all over our faces. Steven just said, "That's great, print that one!""

Ha! Well that explains this fun behind-the-scenes picture, although it looks more like Vic than Harrison! I would love to see footage of this :D
8103886902_31c9891db1_z_d.jpg

Stoo

Bump

Two weeks ago, fellow Raven member, paraiderfan, found a recent interview with the sacrifice victim in "Doom". It appears that his scenes were filmed around the same as the infamous Streisand/Fisher whipping gag because he talked about them being on the set.

Nizwar Karanj:
"And at that time, Barbra Streisand was dubbing the film Yentl at Elstree, and she came on set one day. And you won?t believe it: Carrie Fisher came on set as well! I still remember her; she was in this skimpy black dress, and she was sitting there on her haunches, and the whole set was just looking at her legs, you know? [Laughs.]"

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/meet-the-man-who-had-his-heart-ripped-out-in-indiana-86601308007.html

micsteam

Read this one to Stoo, Yahoo is my home page and anything Indiana Jones gets my attention. Good stuff I enjoyed it, thanks for sharing !!! I still have to find the TOD blooper with Streisand and Fisher in some descent clarity to save. :hat:

Indy 3arl Jones

Chained;

I'm new here. I have'nt this one yet about Barbara but it sounds like a great gag on Ford. Would love to see it also. If anybody can come up with th3 clip, it would be awsome. :whip:

Stoo

Indy 3arl Jones said:
I'm new here. I have'nt this one yet about Barbara but it sounds like a great gag on Ford. Would love to see it also. If anybody can come up with th3 clip, it would be awsome. :whip:
Welcome to The Raven.:hat: Many of the links in posts #122-124 are still working so you can easily see the video by clicking on one of them.
micsteam said:
I still have to find the TOD blooper with Streisand and Fisher in some descent clarity to save.
Good luck, micsteam, and "G_d be with you in your quest".
Indy's brother said:
Many thanks for this, Stoo! You are the MAN!
You're welcome again, honeybunchkins, but I can't repeat enough that the real thanks was due to someone else. (He was aware of all the appreciation, though.:))

Going through this thread is a trip down memory lane but here are some funny things that I missed before:

Germain Lussier from www.slashfilm.com wrote:
"JoBlo surmises the poor quality is because its a multiple replication from Steven Spielberg?s personal collection. It looks like someone videotaped the projected image, however, so that doesn?t quite make sense."

William Bibbiani from www.craveonline.com wrote:
"The footage is reportedly from Spielberg's private library and is being considered for an upcoming Blu-Ray release,"

That blogger at SlashFilm reported something that the jerks at JoBlo never said. Plus, how would the CraveOnline guy know that the clip was being considered for the Blu-rays when he wasn't even sure the footage existed before writing his blurb? Yet more examples of internet 'journalists' pulling 'facts' from thin air.:rolleyes:(n)

micsteam

Well ok then, I'll just have to call Steven up himself and ask for a better copy !! I don't need god with me when ...... I AM GOD !! Ha ha ha haaaah ... hooogh haaghh (coughing) !!! ;) :D