The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones

harvey

IndyCast 166

Want this??

t986x0.jpg

Then what are you waiting for?? Check out the our latest Further Adventures segment on the IndyCast!

http://theindycast.com/how-much-of-episode-166-is-lost-in-waiting/

Oh, and we also review issue #15... (y)

2zz832x.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
harvey said:
Want this??

t986x0.jpg

Indeed! I think I made an animation of that...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O6lpSqNcNGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

However, for a bit of spice...what's this?

Even some of the best collectors were not aware of them...until my little joke last year.:D Maybe they are getting around to "obtaining" them!:rolleyes:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
JuniorJones said:

Even some of the best collectors were not aware of them...until my little joke last year.:D Maybe they are getting around to "obtaining" them!:rolleyes:
The other Italian covers are easy to match with their Marvel counterparts, but anyone care to guess which issues these covers depict?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome, here's what I gathered from this site (with slightly brighter cover scans).
Each Italian issue contained 3 Marvel issues. Marvel #3 apparently never made it.

1. June 1985 (1, 2) The New Adventure (6) The Club of the Mystery
2. July 1985 (7, 8) Africa ’36 (13) The Sacred Cave
3. September 1985 (9) The Golden Idol (10) Amazon! (14) Demons
4. October 1985 (15, 16) The Birds of the Sea (19) The Hour of the Dragon
5. November 1985 - The City of the Immortals: (17) Toward the East (18) The Man From the Golden Mask, (23) The Secret Of The Deep
6. December 1985 (4, 5) The Mystery of Stonehenge (24) Revenge From the Past
7. February 1986 (11, 12) The Fourth Nail (25) Eldorado
8. March 1986 (29) The Rebel of Ireland (30) The Warlord (20) Across the Pacific
9. April 1986 (21) The House of the Devil (22) The End Of The Trail (28) The Tower Of Tears
10. June 1986 (26) The White Army (27) The Hidden Fortress (31) Sasquatch
11. (32, 33, 34) The Army of Shadows

Last edited:

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
There were 11 issues published by Edizioni L'Isola Trovata in 1985. (I'm surprised none mentions them). With a bit of translation you can work out the stories.;)
Man, those covers are FANTASTIC! Especially, #3, 5, 7 & 11. Thanks for posting them, Junior!:hat: Any info on the artist/s? (The one for #7 makes it look like Indy went shopping for pants in Milan. Never before has Professor Jones dressed so slick!(y)) The next time I go to Italy, I'll definitely be looking for these issues!
Moedred said:
Awesome, here's what I gathered from this site (with slightly brighter cover scans).
Each Italian issue contained 3 Marvel issues. Marvel #3 apparently never made it.
Thanks for the breakdown, Moe.:hat: No. 3 isn't one of the better stories but it's too bad that one was ditched rather than #19, "Dragon By The Tail".

harvey

IndyCast #167

After nearly two years of "Further Adventures", Keith and I have finally met face-to-face! Be sure to join us on the latest IndyCast where we celebrate the 5th anniversary of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by visiting the shooting locations with tour guide extraordinaire, Mitch Hallock! :hat:

http://theindycast.com/damn-i-thought-episode-167-was-closer/

Then...we gather for some Crystal Skull vodka and a review of issue #16. A TRUE Raven's Nest!

http://i41.tinypic.com/eg50ci.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoo

harvey said:
Then...we gather for some Crystal Skull vodka and a review of issue #16. A TRUE Raven's Nest!
That is pleasing to hear, Joe!:) For me, The Raven & the IndyCast are not simply for getting information about Indiana Jones but for the opportunity to connect with fellow fans. So far, I've only met one Raven member in person (fommes in Belgium) and, even though we barely talked about Indy, we had a great time. Wish I had been with you guys to sample the vodka. (By the way, I noticed that Mitch doesn't have the original issue #16. What a chump!:p Just joshin', eh? Not to be taken seriously.:cool:)

Regarding yours & Keith's "Further Adventures" segments, I still have much catching up to do but gotta say: For all the lovers of comic-book-related things here at The Raven, I'll never understand the *apparent* lack of interest in your show and sincerely hope that other members are listening (even if they aren't posting about it). I mean, c'mon, it's about Indy and it's about comics which are 2 things many people here OBVIOUSLY like. Regardless of that, keep on keepin' on because, I, for one, enjoy what you guys are doing.

P.S. The next time you post a horizontal photo, can you reduce the size? Wide photos screw up a thread's display on smaller screens.:whip:

harvey

Stoo said:
Regarding yours & Keith's "Further Adventures" segments, I still have much catching up to do but gotta say: For all the lovers of comic-book-related things here at The Raven, I'll never understand the *apparent* lack of interest in your show and sincerely hope that other members are listening (even if they aren't posting about it). I mean, c'mon, it's about Indy and it's about comics which are 2 things many people here OBVIOUSLY like. Regardless of that, keep on keepin' on because, I, for one, enjoy what you guys are doing.

We're just glad people are listening! :D

As always, thanks for the kind words. We do get a lot of feedback through the Facebook page and by e-mail, but more is always better. Would love to read some issue reviews from the listeners...

Stoo said:
P.S. The next time you post a horizontal photo, can you reduce the size? Wide photos screw up a thread's display on smaller screens.:whip:

Yeah, sorry about that. I did try to reduce the size by half, but for some reason, it posted like that.

Stoo

For anyone in the London area who is looking for original issues of Marvel's "Further Adventures":

Issues #1-10 for £2.50 each are at Gosh! Comics, 1 Berwick St. (corner of Peter St.) in Soho.