Harrison Ford stoner?

Montana Smith

Gear said:
Sometimes it even makes for commercial promotion. I mean, when I heard Miley did saliva, I went out and had my friend spit in my mouth. Personally, I don't get it, but Miley did it, so it's KOOWEL, right? ZOMG.

... Lulz :rolleyes:

There was this one time at band camp that I did a lot of sax. Wouldn't recommend it though, as it really screws you.

stooge1.gif

Montana Smith

WillKill4Food said:
:confused:
I think there is some layer of truth in what Redinight421 posted.

Smiley was passing out. I couldn't determine whether it was from the weed or the alcohol.

Alcohol, like some other drugs, is safe in moderation. It all depends, as William S. Burroughs wrote, whether you sell yourself to it, rather than it selling itself to you.

Generally I stick to coffee.

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
Perhaps this is straying from the topic (although, really, this picture would seem to do in lieu of getting stoned), but what's the source on this?

I found it here:

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/03/alert-the-prairie-dogs-lucas-has-an-idea-for-indy-5

The text on the page goes like this:

ALERT THE PRAIRIE DOGS, LUCAS HAS AN IDEA FOR INDY 5

Harrison Ford recently spoke with the BBC about Indiana Jones 5 *queef*, saying “Steven [Spielberg] and George [Lucas] and I are sort of agreed on a germ of an idea and we’re seeing what comes of it.” Well jeez, I hope it’s a good one. Last time George Lucas said he had an idea, the neighborhood cats went missing.

Harrison Ford, 67, says despite coming up with an idea for the movie, people won’t see the finished product for some time. “The process works like this,” he said. “We come to some basic agreement and then George goes away for a long time and works on it. Then Steven and I get it in some form, some embryonic form. Then if we like it we start working with George on it and at some point down the line it’s ready and we do it.”

“Embryonic form,” you say? Yeah, I think I can imagine how this goes down:

LUCAS: CAN THERE BE PRAIRIE DOGS?

SPIELBERG: Yes, George, of course. Big, fuzzy ones, in every color. Great job. Here, go play with this bouncy ball.

LUCAS: YAY!

That was a whole year ago, and they're saying the same thing now. Either they're stoned, or it's groundhog day.

As for the source of the source, I don't know. Maybe those are George's speedos.

Last edited:

Stoo

Mitchellhallock said:
Whatevur.
Hyuk-yuk. Did you watch "Zabriskie Point" just to see Harrison Ford or was it because you were a stoner?
Mitchellhallock said:
Yes I saw the movie about 25 years ago. He was in it longer than LUV
Oh, man..."Luv". I've seen that and it was odd to see Harry in a beatnik outfit but I liked the fact that he punched Jack Lemmon in the face!(y) (There is something about Lemmon that I find really irritating.) For those who don't know what we're talking about:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MDfk8z7UUTk" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

P.S. "Luv" was released in October '67 so this probably would've been the length of his hair when he was backstage at Monterey Pop in June of that year.

Last edited:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Never a stoner - would have ruined my political career - (which now that I see that I lost by just 3 votes that puritan lifestyle didn't matter) :D .

Just sat through Shiloh, Point, Lt Calley, getting straight, luv, dead heat, and all the rest just to see Harry. Including tv series like Ironside, gunsmoke, love American style, mod squad, hawk (Burt reynolds version) watching to see the man who would be king of the box office.

Stoo

Mitchellhallock said:
Yes I saw the movie about 25 years ago. He was in it longer than LUV
Mitchellhallock said:
Never a stoner...
Now you're talking bullsh!t. You must have been stoned if you think that Harrison had more screen time in "Zabriskie Point" than in "Luv"!:gun:
Mitchellhallock said:
Just sat through Shiloh, Point, Lt Calley, getting straight, luv, dead heat, and all the rest just to see Harry. Including tv series like Ironside, gunsmoke, love American style, mod squad, hawk (Burt reynolds version) watching to see the man who would be king of the box office.
While I'm happy to hear that you "sat through" The Mod Squad...that ain't Harrison!:p

@Rocket Surgeon: Have you ever found any photos of H.Ford during his week-long stint (circa late 1968/early 69) with The Doors?:confused:

Stoo said:
Have you ever found any photos of H.Ford during his week-long stint (circa late 1968/early 69) with The Doors?:confused:

Funny you should mention that...I've been checking into Tom DiCillo's documentary composed entirely of original footage from 1966-71.

70112752.jpg

I did find this...from May 19th, 1968.
Check out light blue shirt behind the camera at 1:50.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E7qyiRcUb4g" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

...a bit like Sasquatch footage, but compelling.

Last edited:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
While I'm happy to hear that you "sat through" The Mod Squad...that ain't Harrison!:p
That's what he said on Leno . . . he might have still been on the Conan medicine. It said he was in it in my Star Wars movie program form 1977 that I paid a $1.50 for.

And as someone who was at two Riverkeeper fundraiser/cocktail parties with Ford in attendance in NYC - I can say he does drink wine, but he wasn't wearing a nun's outfit...

and as him being with the Doors ... maybe he was at their New Haven show when Jim got busted . . . scouting locations for "Crystal Skull" 40 years early.

Mitchellhallock said:
That's what he said on Leno . . .
He told Leno it wasn't him...and I saw it, it wasn't him.

Mitchellhallock said:
It said he was in it in my Star Wars movie program form 1977 that I paid a $1.50 for.
Would LOVE to see that!

Mitchellhallock said:
...as him being with the Doors ... maybe he was at their New Haven show when Jim got busted . . . scouting locations for "Crystal Skull" 40 years early.

He was a camera assistant on the crew of Feast of Friends, a Doors concert film...for a week.

He said: "When it was over I was one step away from joining a Jesuit Monastery. I couldn't keep up with those guys it was too much. I was part of the camera crew...second camera. I don't think any of it was in focus, not a bit of it."

One of the shows he worked:
Northern California Folk-Rock Festival
Family Park,
Santa Clara County Fairgrounds
San Jose, CA
Sun. May 19th 1968

Last edited:

Stoo

Bump

How many joints do you think Harrison smoked to prepare for the scene of falling off the rocket sled in "Skull"?:confused:

IndyJoey

Stoo said:
How many joints do you think Harrison smoked to prepare for the scene of falling off the rocket sled in "Skull"?:confused:
I don't know, but I know the Indians gave him some after falling out of the sky... I mean... look at him!

stonedindy.jpg

Udvarnoky

You know, the Rifftrax for Crystal Skull is not some of their best work, but there's a part that gets me every time. It's during a scene toward the end of the movie where they're looking at the murals in the cave. There's a close-up where Indy enters frame looking at Oxley with a grin that can only be described as a leer. Kevin Murphy chimes in with:

366.jpg

"You got any pot?"

It's an immature line, but the delivery is perfection.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The story of two guys smoking pakalolo gets more elaborate.
According to the National Enquirer, Ford had a “cannabis competition” with LaBeouf’s dad Jeffrey during the shooting of the fourth Indiana Jones movie. An alleged source tells the magazine that Jeffrey was on set “as Shia’s guardian” at the time, and when Ford learned that his co-star’s dad was into weed, the legendary actor “dared him to a smoke-out.” The anonymous insider goes on to call Ford a “pothead” and insists he got the “highest score” in the supposed pot-smoking competition.

johnfrancis

What's the big deal with having a smoke? Theres a lot less fights in a hash bar than a pub.

I've been smoking for decades and the first time I realised Ford smoked was when watching an interview on the 2003 DVD set.

I knew immediately he was stoned. I have seen it hundreds of times.

But I shrugged it off.

He came of age just before the counter culture in America. No big deal.

My father on the other hand, who was Fords generation but from a different country, said to me when I was young and cavaliar "In the 60s we didn't do drugs" etc...really angry at me.

The lady with us, a Cops wife, who was a fashionable girl around town back then, said "Yes we did Sean...you just didn't hang around with us!" Lol

I dunno how anyone's uptight about a bit of smoke nowadays. The only reason it was ever a gateway drug is because the people you had to buy it of had other, harder, illegal drugs.

Its just the herb for chrissake...