The Indy Cast

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 154 is here!

18416_10151246879659489_1883775005_n.jpg

This week Indy joins the house of mouse, we talk about Indy with the CEO of Dark Horse Comics, Marvel and ILM artists, have a video walk through of the Indy exhibit, have your last chance to win a piece of Disney history, welcome back one of the IndyCast crew and have a stack of your great emails!

You can listen to the episode here!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 155 - 5th birthday special is here!

155995_10151264474129489_1267583350_n.jpg

The IndyCast celebrates its 5th birthday with a special edition of the show including roundtable with show regulars Mitch, Laird, Joe and Rob plus some great voicemails and we announce the winner of the Poster Art of the Disney Parks book!

Available now in iTunes or listen here!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 156 is here!

320627_10151289137694489_650491787_n.jpg

This week we interview Short Round stunt double Felix Silla, Alan Eisenstock, author of Raiders! The Story of the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made, we have 2 great competitions, Mitch's Indy holiday gift guide plus lots more!

Listen to the episode here!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 157 is here!

291514_10151310688219489_1896901228_o.jpg

In this super-sized episode, Indy gets sued, mail and a fresh lick of paint, we speak to Raiders - The Adaptation film-makers Chris Strompolis and Eric Zala, Toy Hunter Jordan Hembrough & Geek Magazine's Mark Altman, we have 2 great competitions plus lots more!

indycast

Vance said:
I actually really like that graphic.. where's it from?

Hey Vance,

it is the front artwork from the folder you get if you purchase the on-ride photo at Tokyo DisneySea. I got it earlier this year when I visited Japan.

Fantastic ride that was all the best parts of the Disneyland ride and then some - though with the recent refurbishment, the scales may be a bit more even now!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 158 is here!

188598_10151334391849489_1406004038_n.jpg

In our last episode for 2012, Mitch and I look back at the year in Indiana Jones, Joe and Keith discover the Fourth Nail, the mystery of Indy's mail is solved plus we announce the winners of our 2 competitions!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 159 is here!

59551_10151368529104489_707020523_n.jpg

We hit 2013 running with some great Indy artwork and custom dioramas, Laird has a report from the Indy Stunt Spectacular, I catch up with Official IndyCast fan club president Dan Z, we have a new Top 10, an epic Further Adventures segment and Mitch catches up with...Indiana Jones?

You can listen to the episode here!

lairdo

Hi all -

I just finished editing the latest John Williams Music Special - our 10th!

We listen to Lincoln, Raiders and talk the world and music of the maestro as we approach his 81st birthday this week.

Ed will be posting it Monday if all goes well.

Laird

indycast

IndyCast Special #10 - 81 years of John Williams is here!

541493_10151429186189489_1360006377_n.jpg

Ron and Laird return to celebrate John Williams' 81st birthday with a listen to his recent Academy Award nominated score Lincoln, a return to Raiders of the Lost Ark and a discussion of who will compose Star Wars Episode VII. This episode concludes with a recording of a live performance from Tanglewood of Birthday Variations by the composer. [In Stereo]

You can listen to the episode here or at theindycast.com

Faleel

Great Episode!

On the topic of The Map Room: Dawn (best JW track title ever btw),

I really love the three themes that appear in this track, the millitaristic digging motif, the A theme for the Ark, and the B theme for the Ark and Medallion.

I also love how the end of the cue flows into "Reunion In The Tent"

Oh and I just finished listening to Angela's Ashes, another great Williams score, that reminds of some of the string writing in TPM (Anakin Is Free etc.).

bonoferox

Loved the episode aside from Ron seeming to go out of his way to dis Superman Returns. Was that really necessary?

Faleel

bonoferox said:
Loved the episode aside from Ron seeming to go out of his way to dis Superman Returns. Was that really necessary?

If he would have dissed Crystal Skull or the Prequels instead, would you have a problem with that?

drwynn

indycast said:
Ron and Laird return to celebrate John Williams' 81st birthday...and a discussion of who will compose Star Wars Episode VII.

Nice job on the special, guys. You hit it on the head: I'd be shocked if the answer wasn't something along the lines of: Themes by John Williams - Score Composed by Michael Giacchino

I could see Williams sketching out all the main themes and handing them over to Michael for use. And PERHAPS...Don Davis and William Ross will be involved somehow. But since Abrams is directing, I'd be surprised if it was anyone other than Michael Giacchino.

BUT...here's something that's sort of weird and a huge break in tradition. If Fox isn't involved in distribution, how weird is it going to be to NOT hear the 20th Century Fox Fanfare at the very beginning of the film?

Last edited: