Adventurebilt Indy IV Update?

Mickiana

I'm feeling for you. I've no doubt it will be a great hat. My first Indy hat was from Hatsdirect, the Akubra Federation Deluxe and my second is a Penmans Raiders. Both are great with minor differences between them and both were delivered within months.

IndyAJA77

Well, the problem is that I already bought it. I didn't realize then that it was going to take this long. And I did end up buying another one when I realized it was going to take more than a few months. At this point, I'm kind of stuck, but since I paid for it I would like to get my hands on it at some point.

Dr.Sartorius

IndyAJA77 said:
Well, the problem is that I already bought it. I didn't realize then that it was going to take this long. And I did end up buying another one when I realized it was going to take more than a few months. At this point, I'm kind of stuck, but since I paid for it I would like to get my hands on it at some point.

Yeah. You'd think they'd have some kind of system where they can respond to customers. They won't ever be getting my money.

Ironclaw

You could get one from Todd's costumes in the meantime. You can get a pretty decent hat for $80. While it's not considered "top-tier" by some folks around here, it's probably the last one I'll ever need. It took about a week for me to get mine, which is preferable to your 3-1/2 years.

Mickiana

Has payment actually occurred or do they process the payment when they finish your hat? Maybe you can cancel the order and not be charged in that case. It is too long to wait. They should have contracted out some of their work to speed things up.

alotofmaryskid

Wow, I would love to have a hat from the CS hatter but I don't think I would have the patience to wait that long. I waited 10 weeks for my Peters Bros and could barely stand it. Hang in there, you guys are troopers. :hat: Ordering a grey raiders from PB in the morning....hope the turnaround is the same.

penman hats

Mickiana said:
Has payment actually occurred or do they process the payment when they finish your hat? Maybe you can cancel the order and not be charged in that case. It is too long to wait. They should have contracted out some of their work to speed things up.

Then you wouldn't be getting a handmade custom hat from the hatter from the movie. Then it would be yet another production hat like was what most for many years woul receive and be disappointed.

The mistake steve and marc made was not jacking up their prices when they got the Indy 4 deal. They got hit with a amazing amount of order in a short period of time.

It's easy to moody morning quarter back but not so easy to do when you are in the mix.

There is a big difference between what you get from Steve and Marc from Adventurebilt hats than you can get from others. Especially low end factory hats. A big difference.

One more note. Shortly after the movie came out people knew going in that the wait time was going to be very long. Even before the movie going in both gents were in high demand around 8 months.

It's the down side of being better at what you do than others and still want to remain a truly handmade/custom hatter instead of slocking it out.

Mickiana

I don't doubt what you are saying, John. The long wait is testimony to the quality of their product. I can imagine they are flat out in their hattery and it is an extraordinary situation someone is offering such a good product that people are willing to wait so long. But waiting over three years would have me despair. My suggestion is that they buy another hat in the mean time, such as yours, and they will have the versatility of owning two hats. One could be for roughing it, the other for dressiness. Just an idea. Mind you, I can't decide which I am going to rough up - the Akubra Fed Deluxe or the Penman Raiders? I love both and I have to admit that the Penman Raiders is the more accurate looking one.

Dr.Sartorius

There's no excuse for stretching something like that out to 3+ years. And on top of that not communicating with the customer.

penman hats

Dr.Sartorius said:
There's no excuse for stretching something like that out to 3+ years. And on top of that not communicating with the customer.

He's not stretching it out. Does anyone ever read my post.

Mickiana

That's right. I'm sure they are not stretching it out. Rather the opposite, they would be compacting as much hat making into their time as possible. It's customers' expectations that are now being stretched out and that is a result of looking forward to such a good product over what is unfortunately a lengthy waiting time.

IndyAJA77

To respond to a few previous posts...

I did mention earlier that I bought a Herbert Johnson back when Todd's was selling them, so despite my wait I have had something to wear.

The payment did go through back in '07 and I still have my credit card statement to prove it.

Finally, I am aware of the Adventurebuilt story that's why I originally ordered one. I don't think you can go wrong with a handmade hat that also happens to be an exact reproduction of a screen used hat by the same people who made them for the movie. I understand that this has caused extreme high demand for their hats. Yes, sometimes it feels like I'll never see my hat, but I think it will be worth it in the end. As a member of The Raven, I just like to check in periodically to see if anyone has heard anything, but I'm not mad or frustrated by the situation. Yes, 3 1/2 years is a long time, but I don't usually sit around thinking about it. I will definitely enjoy it when I get it, but it will be a dress hat. The HJ has already bin successfully beat up.

Dr.Sartorius

IndyAJA77 said:
To respond to a few previous posts...

I did mention earlier that I bought a Herbert Johnson back when Todd's was selling them, so despite my wait I have had something to wear.

The payment did go through back in '07 and I still have my credit card statement to prove it.

Finally, I am aware of the Adventurebuilt story that's why I originally ordered one. I don't think you can go wrong with a handmade hat that also happens to be an exact reproduction of a screen used hat by the same people who made them for the movie. I understand that this has caused extreme high demand for their hats. Yes, sometimes it feels like I'll never see my hat, but I think it will be worth it in the end. As a member of The Raven, I just like to check in periodically to see if anyone has heard anything, but I'm not mad or frustrated by the situation. Yes, 3 1/2 years is a long time, but I don't usually sit around thinking about it. I will definitely enjoy it when I get it, but it will be a dress hat. The HJ has already bin successfully beat up.

Maybe you'll get the hat in 3 more years.

Ironclaw

Dr.Sartorius said:
Maybe you'll get the hat in 3 more years.

And I don't mean to be a Debbie-downer, but hope the company will even be around at that time (especially in this day and age).

Adventurer73

The worst part is not the wait, but the lack of communication. I've sent numerous e-mails asking for a status with no replies. I just sent another one, but this time I included the original PayPal e-mail receipt.

IndyAJA77

It's officially been over four years now. It's very frustrating. Usually, I just forget about it, but it's been on my mind lately. I wish I had some idea as to when I could expect it.

Mickiana

Maybe the hatter died while bent over his block. Every time someone peeks through the window they think he's still hard at it!

eazybox

Mickiana said:
Maybe the hatter died while bent over his block. Every time someone peeks through the window they think he's still hard at it!

Steve Delk had been deathly ill with colon and prostate cancer, but the last I heard he was in remission and back at work, although quite understandably not able to make hats at the rate he once did. If John Penman sees this, perhaps he can update you on Steve's progress as he is a close associate of Steve's. Of course, Steve's health is the number one priority at this point, and everyone is praying for a complete and permanent recovery.

Jack