View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 12:58 PM   #47
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Wait, what? I get the Pirates of the Caribbean referent, but beyond that, I'm lost.

I think heís talking about what Joe Brody alluded too, which is the training Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher had to go through to get in shape and lose weight to be in these movies. Given Carrieís dark past and abuse issues, I guess itís fair to speculate that had there been no new trilogy, or rather Leia only made a small cameo, there might the chance sheíd still be here with us.

Of course her Return Of The Jedi Day were long behind her, but there is a scene in this movie one wonders how much preparation she did.

As far as my thoughts on the movie, Iíll be the odd man out and say I liked it. After leaving TFA really disappointed and enjoying Rogue One the most expensive fan-film as opposed to an official installment, this one felt closest to the original trilogy, and the ending, particularly Lukeís arc, satisfied.

That said...I donít know what to look forward to in terms of Epsidoe IX, especially with Fisher gone. The new characters just donít have the same appeal as the original characters.
Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote