"What Would Indy Do?"

tonydelvecchio

Most of you have probably seen those "WWJD?" (What Would Jesus Do?) stickers, keychains, and other knick-knacks....
My question for this thread is "What Would Indy Do?"
Take any current event and describe how Indy would handle it.
Example:
If Condoleeza Rice was Indy's National Security Advisor, he would give her a good whipping and send her on her way.
See? It's easy!:D

Indyologist

Let's make this a game!

Hey, let's turn this into a game called "WWID?"

I'll give you a senario and you all answer the question, "WWID?" At the end, we'll take a vote as a poll and we'll all decide whose actions/words was truest to Indy's character. Sound good? Okay, I'll start us off:

(BTW, this one happened to me when I played Indy in a role-playing game made by TSR. I'll tell you what happened later. It was hilarious.)

You're on a German boat trying to escape (don't ask how you got there-- long story, as usual). You see a large doorway ahead and bolt in. It's filled with Nazi soldiers sitting at tables and chowing down. Surprise, surprise. You've just stumbled into the mess hall! Two dozen Nazis look up from their food (kraut, I suppose?) and they get up and head towards you.

Resources: Next to you is a table with several containers of condiments (salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard), a large bowl of mashed potatoes and a platter of wienerschnitzel.

WWID?

** Keep in mind that you don't need to write a book to answer this! Just answer how Indy would get out of this one particular situation...don't go beyond it as to how he escaped off the ship, etc. **

Have fun!

IAdventurer01

I would combine the salt, pepper and mustard into a new-age synthetic substance. When combined with the right amount of Mashed potatoes, it'll create an explosion just large enough to collaspe the above deck, trapping the Germans inside the mess....
Wait, that's what McGyver would do.

Seriously, I'd take the potatoes and throwi it at the closest Nazi. Then, turn tail and run, but not before toppling the food table to slow 'em down. Then of course, find the nearest lazy German guard and steal his too-small uniform to hide for a while.

tonydelvecchio

Indy would turn around real slow....and say;
"Soooo Sorry... just looking for the restroom."
Then hightail it the f*&^ out of there, over the side of the boat, into the liferaft and safely to the next shore.
A room full of nazi soldiers?
"Duh, gee, I think I'll stay and fight!":p

Last edited:
Thinking about Indys reaction to his Fandom, I suspect it'd come off a lot like the William Shatner, Anti-Trekie "Move-outa-yer-parents-basement" rant from SNL a few years ago...

Especially where the COWerds are concerend....