What is your single LEAST favourite scene from the trilogy?

BadDates

Short Rounded said:
The very, very beginning of RotLA when they are just walking through the jungle, mostly without saying anything.

Without meaning to argue or anything like that, I love that scene - it's one of the best parts of any of the films in my opinion. It's so atmospheric and eerie...the shadows and animal noises, the ominous music, the sense of the characters being watched and hunted...great stuff! :whip:

WilliamBoyd8

I didn't like the Aztec-style ripping out the heart scene in TOD.

I thought it was intentionally put there to gross out people.

Morning Bell

I can't really think of any scene that I passionately dislike. However, the scene in ToD where the Thuggee Guard throws the sledgehammer and hits that one guy on the head is pretty silly. It's not a big deal but I would have cut it from the film; it just feels out of place and unnecessary.

Short Rounded

BadDates said:
Without meaning to argue or anything like that, I love that scene - it's one of the best parts of any of the films in my opinion. It's so atmospheric and eerie...the shadows and animal noises, the ominous music, the sense of the characters being watched and hunted...great stuff! :whip:
I just kinda think it is a little boring. I like it when indy pulls the whip out in the scene though.:whip: :gun:

wolfgang

Well, there is a part I don't like of the whole series but its not from the original three. And I know there's a thread dedicated about the scene we don't like about Crystal Skull, but I'll say it here anyway, because there isn't a part of the first three I didn't like. However, I hate the argument between Indy and Marion in Indy IV. But I guess I like Dov's reaction...so I guess...NONE. But if I had to pick one, that would be it.

Dayne

The speedboat chase... worst. Also, when Indy & Elsa are exploring the tombs beneath the Venice Library. That one was so full of plots holes and stretches it's hard for me to even let go and enjoy.

Salacious said:
And the tank fight between Vogel and Indy in the LC. :sick: Pathetic.
The SS-Standartenführer should not have attempted to confront Jones, but let his men do all the work. Once they had expired, he should have been completely helpless.

Kooshmeister

Matthew said:
What's up w/ the German looking at Indy through the parascope during the tank fight, big smile, now that's homo erotic, then he turns around and says whatever he says. That used to be my least favorite, maybe it still is, it's def. funny but an out of place gay joke.

He's having a laugh at Indy's expense. His commander is kicking Indy's butt and then he turns and says (more or less) that Indy fights like a girl. Nothing gay about it.

gallandro said:
1) Old man changing tire when the boys take off with the car... Old guy does a double take. If that doesn't scream Roger Moore 007 flick I don't know what else does.

He doesn't do a double take. He starts to turn around in disbelief, and then it cuts away.

gallandro said:
2) Not to be topped, we then get the "Moonraker" moment with the Nazi pilot looking at his flaming plane as he careens down the tunnel. Heck all we needed was a Richard Kiel Jaws cameo to make the scene complete.

Don't see how this is Bondlike. The pilot is gawking in disbelief at his predicament. Then he blows up and dies. What did you want? To see him shrieking and crying before he dies horribly? Sheesh.

Raiders has Indy and the truck driver share a laugh after the guy winds up on the windshield before Indy boots his ass out, and nobody complains about that. How 'bout the soldier hanging off the door and then taking it with him when he falls off?

Humorous moments in the middle of action sequences weren't new to Indiana Jones by the time of LC. And yes despite Raiders being full of them, people take issues with everything from a soldier laughing at Indy's misfortune to a pilot's confused facial expression.

Truly bad humor would be if the pilot somehow survived and was shown crawling out of the wreckage all singed like those two prison guards in Superman IV. And remember, they did cut out the worst of that sequence, involving the drunken WWI vet and the Gestapo agent falling through the bottom of the second biplane.

Last edited:

Dr Bones

I love the trilogy and honestly wouldn't cange them so my gripes are very minor.

Raiders....bad dates = dead monkey...I am just a big softy when it comes to animals...even Nazi monkies!:eek: Also the fly in Belloch's mouth...yuk...why didn't you just reshoot Steve!?

TOD...Pretty much any scene with Willie squeeking through it. Especially the singing. I also found Shorty and Maharaja Zalim Singh a little annoying at times. The Pankot banquet is pretty shameful in hindsight.

Crusdae....Connery's ever changing beard particularly after the tank chase is just so obvious. The whole petroleum thing under Venice when a few flaming drips do nothing but one match ignites it. Also why shinny on the ledge then just jump in at the end...couldn't they see they would have to jump in eventually?

I actually liked the whole young Indy back story in crusade. Sure it's cheesey but the whole trilogy has more than it's share of cheese.
River Phoenix was excellent and could have made a great young Indy series or even a new Indy.

But least favourite of all is Willie's song and dance routine. I can accept it gives an unexpected opening and creates the reason for the character but for me it's too long and smacks of "You wanna show case your talent and have the opening scene? Sure thing honey...whatever you want":sick:

Dark Horse

Not going to mention KotCS (I liked the film but it was full of retarded moments).

I hate hate hate all the young Indy scenes. That crap took up far to much time that could have been used way better. I generally just skip all that and start watching TLC from the Portuegese Man o' War scene.

HebrewsThought

oki9Sedo said:
True.

Raiders has always been my personal favourite for all the obvious reasons.

Interestingly, when you think about it, Temple is the most child-friendly. Yes, it has child slavery, but none of the children are seriously hurt and they all arrive home alive and healthy at the end, laughing and hugging their parents with the Raiders March playing. Its got a child sidekick, more slapstick and goofball humour than the others, and the most straightforward story, and none of the more adult ideas in the other two.

I think the interesting thing about Crusade is its the most well-rounded film. It has a little of everything - action, adventure, comedy, character drama, romance, history etc.

When I was a kid Crusade was always my favourite, but I've been moving towards Raiders.

The Drifter

I've always hated the whole "five-minute" scene in Temple of Doom.
Willie gets all mad at Indy and says he'll be back in five minutes, and we see them both fussing over their hair, checking their teeth, and smelling their breath (after what was at the dinner table, I'd hate to smell Indy's breath), and laying in bed.
The whole scene was boring and retarded up until the assassin attacks Indy.

And, yes Ronicle; it is possible for me to hate something in ToD!

Robyn

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I've always hated the whole "five-minute" scene in Temple of Doom.
Willie gets all mad at Indy and says he'll be back in five minutes, and we see them both fussing over their hair, checking their teeth, and smelling their breath (after what was at the dinner table, I'd hate to smell Indy's breath), and laying in bed.
The whole scene was boring and retarded up until the assassin attacks Indy.

And, yes Ronicle; it is possible for me to hate something in ToD!

Yay! Finally something we agree on! ;) I hate that scene too!

wolfgang said:
I hate the argument between Indy and Marion in Indy IV. But I guess I like Dov's reaction...so I guess...NONE. But if I had to pick one, that would be it.

I love that scene! One of my favorites!

among other things in Tod, I hate the part when Indy tries to save the bad guy, ridiculous!

Last edited:

wolfgang

ronicle said:
Yay! Finally something we agree on! ;) I hate that scene too!

I love that scene! One of my favorites!

among other things in Tod, I hate the part when Indy tries to save the bad guy, ridiculous!

Haha! Well, here we go again. I gotta say I love love love the five minutes scene. I thought it was a nice part. Its sympathetic to me. I find it funny. I dunno.

AND i also love it when Indy tries to save the bad guy. I think its halarious. It shows Indy has a sensitive side even for badies who beat kids up. And I know that it is debatable whether he was saving him or not. But I like to think he was. Its like "Hey, I hate you, but that doesn't mean I want you to have a horrific death! Oh well, its inevitable, ust get me up here."

As for the part I said I hate on Kingdom....I know you love that scene, believe. And I must say, that after watching the movies five times now, i won't say I love it, but at least that fifth time I saw it i did not wince. So I guess its Ok.

Robyn

wolfgang said:
Haha! Well, here we go again. I gotta say I love love love the five minutes scene. I thought it was a nice part. Its sympathetic to me. I find it funny. I dunno.

AND i also love it when Indy tries to save the bad guy. I think its halarious. It shows Indy has a sensitive side even for badies who beat kids up. And I know that it is debatable whether he was saving him or not. But I like to think he was. Its like "Hey, I hate you, but that doesn't mean I want you to have a horrific death! Oh well, its inevitable, ust get me up here."

As for the part I said I hate on Kingdom....I know you love that scene, believe. And I must say, that after watching the movies five times now, i won't say I love it, but at least that fifth time I saw it i did not wince. So I guess its Ok.

The scene when Indy tries to save the bad guy is nuts and frankly it just stinks! lol It's ok for him to try and save a bad guy that isn't "all bad" but that guy was all bad and he's not suppose to save him!

Don't worry wolf, one of these days me and you will agree on something! :p :gun:

Mr. Fusion

When I was little, the part in Temple where Indy is transforming into a Thuggee, or however you want to put it. It make me feel very uneasy. I don't know why exactly.:confused:

wolfgang

ronicle said:
The scene when Indy tries to save the bad guy is nuts and frankly it just stinks! lol It's ok for him to try and save a bad guy that isn't "all bad" but that guy was all bad and he's not suppose to save him!

Don't worry wolf, one of these days me and you will agree on something! :p :gun:

Hmm, I think we did. Marion having more screen time on Kingdom?? No? yes?? Oh well...;)