Rambo V: Last Blood

Bjorn Heimdall

Rambo 4 was a great surprise for me, fantastic action directing by old Sly. It was nicely built up as well, sort of a slow burn with a couple of kills, and then ending in complete bloodbath where Rambo murders absolutely everyone. As long as part 5 takes a similar route, I'm good(y)

The Drifter

Hans said:
He i read the thread an got and idea what about a comic series entitled rambo: Vietnam like the punisher in vietnam series. The only problem is that marvel got bought by diseny! :cool:

I would not mind seeing a Rambo comic. Dark Horse could do it.

Hans

cool But i have to say as i look at my rambo collectors edtion dvds. I am ready for rambo to return!:cool:

Nurhachi1991

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I loved Rocky IV, but V sucked.

Awwwwww come on you diddn't like George Washington Duke?

and what about the apine tingling moment where Robert stands up to the overweight school bully :p

" GO FOR IT"

The Drifter

Nurhachi1991 said:
Awwwwww come on you diddn't like George Washington Duke?

and what about the apine tingling moment where Robert stands up to the overweight school bully :p

" GO FOR IT"

George Washington Duke was pretty decent. "Touch me and I'll sue."
But, damn - Tommy Gunn was such a douche. I can not stand him at all! The movie was just meh. Rocky and Gunn fought in a street fight, and not in a ring!
Paulie caused them to lose all of their money, and it had no talking robot! And, how in the hell did Robert age like six years when Rocky and Adrian were is Russia?

Nurhachi1991

Lonsome_Drifter said:
George Washington Duke was pretty decent. "Touch me and I'll sue."
But, damn - Tommy Gunn was such a douche. I can not stand him at all! The movie was just meh. Rocky and Gunn fought in a street fight, and not in a ring!
Paulie caused them to lose all of their money, and it had no talking robot! And, how in the hell did Robert age like six years when Rocky and Adrian were is Russia?

Hahaha I dunno I thought the Street Fight was cool. "You knocked him down why don't you try knocking me down now?" That line was badass not to mention if Rocco would of Fought Tommy the Machine Gunn in the ring Duke would of made a bunch of money.

and the whole Robert ageing thing I have no clue

The Drifter

Nurhachi1991 said:
Hahaha I dunno I thought the Street Fight was cool. "You knocked him down why don't you try knocking me down now?" That line was badass not to mention if Rocco would of Fought Tommy the Machine Gunn in the ring Duke would of made a bunch of money.

I must admit that that was a badass line.

deckard24

Nurhachi1991 said:

You know I liked the street fight too, and yeah, that line was badass!

It's kind of sad to see what became of Morrison in real life.

The Drifter

The street fight was okay, but it left alot to be desired for me.
I mean could Rocky have beaten Gunn in the ring without the whole tackling and slamming?
In a ring with the rules to abide by - could Rocky have won?

deckard24

Lonsome_Drifter said:
The street fight was okay, but it left alot to be desired for me.
I mean could Rocky have beaten Gunn in the ring without the whole tackling and slamming?
In a ring with the rules to abide by - could Rocky have won?
Good question, I'd say yeah only because it's a Rocky film, and Rocky has to win in the end. In reality, if the laws of movie fiction weren't at play, I'd say Gunn would have destroyed him, as would have Drago.

RAMBO 5 LATEST NEWS

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42256
Here's the latest on Rambo 5, and apparently Stallone looks to be crafting something along the lines of Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio Del Toro, and Silent Rage with Chuck Norris. I'm not sure how I feel about this, I was really hoping for the Mexican drug cartel angle, which is so relevant and would have been more in keeping with the series. This sounds a little too sci-fi, almost like Predator with a human killer instead of an alien.

Last edited:
deckard24 said:
Good question, I'd say yeah only because it's a Rocky film, and Rocky has to win in the end. In reality, if the laws of movie fiction weren't at play, I'd say Gunn would have destroyed him, as would have Drago.

RAMBO 5 LATEST NEWS

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42256
Here's the latest on Rambo 5, and apparently Stallone looks to be crafting something along the lines of Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio Del Toro, and Silent Rage with Chuck Norris. I'm not sure how I feel about this, I was really hoping for the Mexican drug cartel angle, twhich is so relevant and would have been more in keeping with the series. This sounds a little too sci-fi, almost like Predator with a human killer instead of an alien.

Heard this earlier. And right now I'm as skeptical as I was when rumors started surfacing that Shia and Aliens would feature in the fourth outing of our favorite adventurer.

...hopefully my skepticism will be rewarded this time around...

deckard24

ResidentAlien said:
Heard this earlier. And right now I'm as skeptical as I was when rumors started surfacing that Shia and Aliens would feature in the fourth outing of our favorite adventurer.

...hopefully my skepticism will be rewarded this time around...
You and me both!

Now were you a fan of Rambo?

The Drifter

Hmmmm, I am not a big fan of these "super-soldiers", but I do love the concept of Rambo using his tracking skills to hunt them, and I also like it is set in the area of First Blood.
Man, Rambo stalking through the woods like a killer shadow sounds awesome.

Edit: After thinking it over some I was wondering this. Why would Sly even bother to leave a voice message for that guy? Why would Sly tell him the plot of Rambo V and nobody else?

deckard24

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Hmmmm, I am not a big fan of these "super-soldiers", but I do love the concept of Rambo using his tracking skills to hunt them, and I also like it is set in the area of First Blood.
Man, Rambo stalking through the woods like a killer shadow sounds awesome.
Yeah, putting Rambo back in the same area as First Blood is pretty awesome! Super soldiers... not so much.

Now Rambo stalking drug runners in Colombia, both in the jungle and the city, would be badass!

Edit: After thinking it over some I was wondering this. Why would Sly even bother to leave a voice message for that guy? Why would Sly tell him the plot of Rambo V and nobody else?
I guess he has a really good rapport with the guy, and they did a similar thing with Rocky Balboa and Rambo. It actually helped build buzz within the fanboy circuit, and endeared Stallone to them as well. He did several Q and A sessions with actual members of the site, and it most likely paid off in box office dollars.

deckard24 said:
You and me both!

Now were you a fan of Rambo?

Love it.

And Drifter, my thoughts as well. Either it's a prank by Stallone or someone impersonating him. I can't believe that he'd legitimately leave a message. Besides, there are other outlets than a... phone call (?!). If he really wanted this out there, you think he'd have mentioned it in interview...

The Drifter

ResidentAlien said:
Love it.

And Drifter, my thoughts as well. Either it's a prank by Stallone or someone impersonating him. I can't believe that he'd legitimately leave a message. Besides, there are other outlets than a... phone call (?!). If he really wanted this out there, you think he'd have mentioned it in interview...

Yeah, it don't make much sense. I believe that if Sly were going to announce the plot, he would do more than just make a phone call.
I will wait and see until I know for sure what the movie is going to be about, before I believe anything.

Nurhachi1991

My girlfriend said that my First Blood poster was gay......... what the hell I'm very proud of that poster!

and I was suprised the voicemail Sly left diddn't start with

Hi my name is Rocky Balboa......... The Itallion Stallion