Indy/Mutt's KOTCS backpack

Dewy9

Has anyone found the type of backpack Indy and Mutt are sporting when they're in Nazca and the Chauchilla cemetary? I haven't seen much information on it and from the brief time it's in the movie, it looks pretty cool.

DocWhiskey

It's a German Military rucksack. I heard the Swedish rucksack is similar too. You can snag one off eBay.

penman hats

I have one. I'll see about posting pics. They have a modern version on amazon. The difference is the straps. They took away the leather straps and replaced them with cloth and plastic quick locking connections. makes it easy to use the leather with the buckle takes a lot more time getting in and out of the bag.

JackBurton

Here is mine

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

To narrow down the search, it's a german mountain infantry backpack. The standard military backpack looks a little bit different. If you're lucky, you can get a used one pretty cheap.

deckard24

That's kind of ironic it's a German military bag!;)

I actually have a pretty "good enough" version of it myself from Old Navy. It's made of heavy duty canvas, and I found it in the clearance section for like $6.

Nurhachi1991

deckard24 said:
That's kind of ironic it's a German military bag!;)

I actually have a pretty "good enough" version of it myself from Old Navy. It's made of heavy duty canvas, and I found it in the clearance section for like $6.

Who knows how Indy got the bag in his possesion :p

If there is a mast general store near you they have an Australian rucksack that looks a lot like the bag in the movie except no leather straps

Indy Byrd

I got a german military rucksac too. Mine has the cloth straps with the plastic connections and padded straps. I had thought about removing them and replacing them with more SA straps...maybe a project for the winter??? :cool:

I know mine has room to spare. I take it on overnight trips like when me and g/f went to Cinncinatti this past July to see Kid Rock and Lynard Skynard with Black Stone Cherry in concert, I took my clothes in it and had room. I love that bag!

Peru1936

I always found it interesting that Indy uses a shoulder bag. Shoulder bags are quite uncomfortable and unwieldy when they are full. A rucksack makes much more sense for Indy to carry.

Montana Smith

Peru1936 said:
I always found it interesting that Indy uses a shoulder bag. Shoulder bags are quite uncomfortable and unwieldy when they are full. A rucksack makes much more sense for Indy to carry.

Wasn't the shoulder bag a British gasmask bag? I know that my old Action Man (GI Joe) Tommy had something that looked identical! Maybe the heavy Webley on the other hip evened him up a bit...

Indy's brother

If you live in Europe, especially Germany, you can find these all over the internet. It's the old Bundeswehr (BW) rucksack. 16 euro at this link, that's only 22 bucks U.S., kids.

Here in the states they're harder to come by, one beat up and overpriced ruck on ebay was all I could find. Dammit.

Indy's brother

These bags are reproduced by the Max Fuchs Company. Every online retailer that sells these is out of stock for about a month. I Found a store in the U.K. that sells them (also a month from now) and will ship to the states for about 20 dollars less than that last link, and they also do paypal. :hat:

smscalebw_mountain_rucksack_olive_1.jpg

smscalebw_mountain_rucksack_olive_2.jpg

Shipped to Tennessee that's 34 British Pounds, or $55.32.

Last edited: