TOD figures revealed

NLogan

Looks like Milton Bradley the makers of the Indiana Jones Life board game may have an inside word about upcoming artifacts. After all MB is owned by Hasbro.
Listed among their relic tiles are a Chinese lion (coming with Mola Ram), an Aztec Sun Dial (Thuggee), and a Anubis Statue (Short Round).

Other tiles that have proven to be figure relics include:
Chalice of Kali
Cross of Coronado
Nurhachi's Urn
Terracotta Horse
Terracotta Warrior
Chachapoyan Fertility Idol
Grail Knight's Shield
Headpiece of the Staff of Ra
Dagger of Atreus
Grail Tablet
Ankh of Osiris
Eye of Horus
Thuggee Medallion
The Eye of the Peacock
Battle Axe of Leif Ericson
Spear of Destiny
Funerary Mask
Temple Relief Sculpture

As of yet unused Life relic tiles:
Knife of Brutus
Sword of the Grail Knight
Golden Fleece
Idol of Ramba Vihara
Mortar of Baba Yaga
Ottoman Seal
Golden Scepter of Richard I
Statue of Anansi
Chinese Dragon
Cistercian Mask
Spear of Achilles
Golden Inca Statue
Medallion of Libuse
Armor of Alexander the Great

The Easter Island Moai statue with Indy is not a relic tile in the game
The Greek helmet with the Giant Thuggee may be representative of the Armor of Alexander the Great but I doubt it.
The gem with Willie may be representative of the Philosopher's Stone.

NLogan

Anybody notice that the Anubis Statue is not just any statue but a miniature replica from the Well of Souls? The Aztec Sun Dial looks just like the one in the Chachapoyan Temple. Here is to hoping they will one day be making these playsets.

The Golden Idol

ChromiumBlue37 said:
indyHR.jpg

It would be awesome if they made his shirt dirtier/darker and added scratches on his right cheek, as seen in this photo:

t94.jpg

nevsky41

This are by far the best figures produced so far!! And as for the slight wonkinesses that keep getting *****ed about, these are pre-production samples, I'm sure, so there are sure to be some glitches!

A few thoughts...

1) That is, by far, the best Indy figure EVER produced by any toy maker, hands down. Not the iconic look with the jacket, but defintely the toughest, most badass version that solidified in my 6 year-old brain when I first saw TOD, that Indy was not someone to mess with. Beyond awesome. Love the Easter Island head.

2) Willie looks very good, although I'm not sure about the skirt, kind of limits posing/playing options. ALso, looks like HAsbro switched the chinese dragon statue to the LAo CHe diamond, b/c that looks exactly like the one from the Club Obi Wan opening sequence. Some very major, somewhat adult-oriented cleavage there as well ;)

3) Short Round is much better than I was expecting, will defintely get him (how could you not?), but that Anubis statue is AMAZING!!

4) Mola Ram, WOW. I can't believe he's got the flaming heart. Hasbro is not being scared away by the more violent aspects of the story, eh? Just awesome. Chinese lion relic is just eh, but that's easily overlooked.

5) Giant Thugee is sweet. Like the Spartan Helmet.

6) Thuggee Soldier, good generic army builder. I am no longer in the market to army build beyond maybe 3-4 figs, but I could see doing it with this guy. Aztec sundial, kind of a weak relic, but nicely sculpted.

Man, I cannot wait for these figs to arrive... I'll just keep looking for the LC figs in the meantime.

NLogan

nevsky41 said:
ALso, looks like HAsbro switched the chinese dragon statue to the LAo CHe diamond, b/c that looks exactly like the one from the Club Obi Wan opening sequence.

The diamond is not the diamond in the Club Obi Wan sequence because it is not round. Anyways they already made it into a relic, it's called the Eye of the Peacock.

Bat-Dude

Agent Spalko said:
No it looks like a pouch.

I'm not sure if I'm looking at what Leiter91 is looking at, but what I'm talking about is directly above Indy's left knee and is definitely a ripped open portion of his pants. The "flap" of the rip is falling down to his left and you can see the skin-colored paint inside. It's actually very clear on these high-res photos ;)

masterJ

You read my mind... I was about to post the same thing! This wave is perfect except no sankara stones??? Hopefully they are not showing ALL of the accessories! Afterall, you would think Willie would come with something... and nothing is being shown.

Fingers Crossed!!!

deckard24

The Indy figure is looking pretty good so far! I'm hoping though he gets bloodied and dirtied up a bit, because right now he's way too clean to have been through the Temple of Doom. Also he does kind of look bald, but the face sculpt is much better then what we've got so far. At least he doesn't look like Treat Williams or Regis Philbin anymore!(y)

Bat-Dude

I saved it but I don't know how to post it here. I don't have a host site to up load it; it's just on my hard drive.

Edit: I just checked and it is still on the web site.

Leiter91

deckard24 said:
The Indy figure is looking pretty good so far! I'm hoping though he gets bloodied and dirtied up a bit, because right now he's way too clean to have been through the Temple of Doom. Also he does kind of look bald, but the face sculpt is much better then what we've got so far. At least he doesn't look like Treat Williams or Regis Philbin anymore!(y)
He looks like http://www.wensleydale.co.uk/images/wandg.jpg to me

DetectiveFork

Thanks for the photo, Kevin!

Here it is, for anyone else having trouble seeing the picture at the original link:
indysmall.jpg

His heads looks a little too big and he should be dirtier, but overall I like this figure. I'm looking forward to spotting it in person on the shelves and seeing how it looks.

NLogan

Bat-Dude said:
I think it's his ripped pants.
Agent Spalko said:
No it looks like a pouch.

At first glance it definitely looks like a pouch or cargo pocket. I think Bat-Dude is right however. Look at the "top flap" of the pouch, that is the hole itself with flesh painted leg beneath. The pocket part of the pouch is the ripped pants pulled away from the hole.