Story of trilogy on Record, Cassette, and CD

InexorableTash

Henry W Jones said:
why does it need chapters?

No technical reason, but being cognizant of the story progression will help balance the time out - ideally the first half of the movie makes up the first half of the audio, not 2/3 or 1/3.

Henry W Jones

InexorableTash said:
No technical reason, but being cognizant of the story progression will help balance the time out - ideally the first half of the movie makes up the first half of the audio, not 2/3 or 1/3.

The audio time might not work out like that. Some areas will be cut more than others. There is a ton of stuff I will end up cutting from the jungle chase. Long action sequences without a bunch of dialogue will be chopped a bit, while heavy dialogue scenes will remain for story purposes. That's how I think it should be done.

InexorableTash

Yep - it was just a suggestion. Kudos for taking on the project - keeps the pressure off of me!

I can't wait to hear what you come up with.

Henry W Jones

InexorableTash said:
Yep - it was just a suggestion. Kudos for taking on the project - keeps the pressure off of me!

I can't wait to hear what you come up with.

No problem!!! (y) ;)

This project is still a little ways out but does anybody have a suggestion on how to share when done?

I hope nobody is gonna miss the monkey swing, cuz it's gone!!!! Shortened up the whole jungle chase considerably. When I'm done gonna go over it again and try to trim a little more fat.

InexorableTash

Henry W Jones said:
This project is still a little ways out but does anybody have a suggestion on how to share when done?

Presumably it can be listened to at 128kbps/Mono MP3 without sounding terrible. How big is the file?

I hope Moedred can weigh in here...

Henry W Jones said:
I hope nobody is gonna miss the monkey swing, cuz it's gone!!!! Shortened up the whole jungle chase considerably. When I'm done gonna go over it again and try to trim a little more fat.

What's the running time at now?

Henry W Jones

InexorableTash said:
Presumably it can be listened to at 128kbps/Mono MP3 without sounding terrible. How big is the file?

I hope Moedred can weigh in here...

What's the running time at now?

I was referring more to how to share it (post it) for DL. I will leave it stereo at 320kbps. Anything at 128kbps sounds poor compared to the original file. If the majority wants a 128kbps file I can shrink it for the masses and keep my copy at 320kbps. Right now the file is at 1 hr and 31 min. I just finished with 3 times it drops. With the music track running, cutting it has been a challenge without it sounding sloppy. I will be content with getting the time down to 1 hr and 15 min. but plan to exceed that if possible. Like I said, I will go through it again when finished and trim it up some more. The second run through will be after the "Marathon" on the 15th. Not trying to get too burnt on the film before going to see it. The file size is 1,000.8 MB but it is in WAV format right now for editing purposes so the file is enormous.

InexorableTash

I was hoping Moedred could suggest hosting options.

I agree, 256kbps+ for archival quality, but I dont think it's necessary for the "story"

Randolph Carter

I have all three Indy Buena Vista book & tape sets, along with the SW ones. Still love to listen to them!
Great to hear the "Story Of" LPs too.

I remember reading that the butler's Mae West line was changed to Mickey Mouse because SS and GL figured kids wouldn't know who Mae West was.
Apparently in another version the line was "Jesse Owens."

InexorableTash

Easiest is to upload to Mediafire or another generic/free file-hosting service. Alternately, sign up to DropBox or Google Drive, upload, then share.

I'm happy to help more if you run into trouble.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Did the Raiders Movie on Record win a Grammy in 1983 or not? The categories are ever shifting. This says yes, this says no.

Edit: conspiracy! Wikipedia cites this, but Grammy site says it's Raiders. Can't find other nominees anywhere and Wikipedia says for this year only there were none.

By the way Carrie Fisher just won for reading The Princess Diarist with her daughter. Not sure which parts of the Carrison affair Billie Lourd narrated.

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Found the 1982 nominees. The Grammy site not having this info lends to the confusion.

Best Spoken Word, Documentary or Drama Recording
*Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Movie on Record - actual dialogue, music and sound effects
Charles Dickens' Nicholas Nickleby - Roger Rees
Foundation's Edge - Isaac Asimov
No Man's Land - John Gielgud, Ralph Richardson
2010: Odyssey Two - Arthur C. Clarke

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Moedred said:
I'd also prefer about 10 minutes of narration from John Hurt.
Well then, how about Jim Broadbent? The whole Indy 4 record could be framed as a debriefing with FBI guy Neil Flynn. Going "on the record" as they say. At the end Flynn would express disbelief but allow them to be reinstated at Marshall College.

IndyMike94

Who can help me with uploading audio file's to this thread? Thanks :hat:
Apologies for commenting on an old thread, but does anyone know if Raven user Henry W Jones ever finished their 'Story of KOTCS' audio edit? If so, I would love to hear it, but I can't find any further info about this project.