Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

Dr. Gonzo

Roger Ebert has just died. Two thumbs down... (n)
20100226-tows-roger-ebert-gene-siskel-300x205.jpg

Stoo

Dr. Gonzo said:
Roger Ebert has just died. Two thumbs down... (n)
Aw, man, that's a crusher.:( May he & Gene Siskel debate in Heaven for all eternity...

(I'm flying back home tomorrow so this has inspired me to dig out my audio-cassette-tape recording of Siskel & Ebert's 1981 "Sneak Previews" (as their show was called back then) review of "Raiders of the Lost Ark".)

kongisking

Roger, you'll never be forgotten, least of all by this humble aspiring critic. Two Thumbs Up to you and your legacy. (y) (y)

*sniff*

Indy1985

Stoo said:

(I'm flying back home tomorrow so this has inspired me to dig out my audio-cassette-tape recording of Siskel & Ebert's 1981 "Sneak Previews" (as their show was called back then) review of "Raiders of the Lost Ark".)

So, did you find it? :hat:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Boston aside

Pat Summerall is now officially in the locker room. After 21 years calling games with Madden, he passed away at 82.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NNgaPmoIsOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Big Cat went Creeping"...Classic Classic exchange.

WilliamBoyd8

I sorry to hear the news about Ray Harryhausen.

I remember as a kid getting my folks to take me to see "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad" when it opened in theaters.

I chased "Clash of the Titans" around South America in 1981 until finally catching it in La Paz, Bolivia.

:)

Stoo

WilliamBoyd8 said:
I remember as a kid getting my folks to take me to see "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad" when it opened in theaters.
"7th Voyage" was often shown on TV when I was really young and it was my first exposure to Harryhausen's work. It was mesmerizing. I was fortunate enough to see a theatrical re-release around the same time that "Golden Voyage of Sinbad" came out and it still ranks as my favourite of his films (and I have them all).

In 2005, I got to meet Mr. Harryhausen and he was such a gentleman. R.I.P. Ray and thank you.