Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Neither - they are both perfect

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Raiders

Sankara, It seems like all you want is for ROTLA to be re-released. I view KOTCS as another Indy movie, not a ROTLA rip off. Lie I said before, KOTCS is NOT your movie, it's not my movie, the directors made it they way THEY wanted to, Lucas AND Speilberg had every right to use CGI or whatever else they wanted.

michael

The only thing cheesy in all of the movies, is the swinging with the monkeys! End thread.

Sankara

*LOL*
"Last Crusade" was and still is the perfekt end of the adventures of "Indiana Jones". Just amazing!

Aliens and a marriage... oh boy...

PoeticRocker

I'd definitely say KOTCS.

Are you guys forgetting how the wedding doors slammed opened and the wind "magically" sent Indy's hat right at Mutt's feet?

Now thats cheesy.

graz

Raider S said:
How come Crusade isn't on the poll? That's by far the cheesiest ending.

Sorry - its just I got into a discussion with someone about the ending of KOTCS and how I felt TOD was more cringeworthy. I just wanted to know what you guys thought... (I love the ending of LC BTW - but the ending of Raiders is brilliant). (y)

marion_fan

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww indy and marion getting married was awsome they finally found out what they had been missing out on all those years ago lol marion pushing the flowers at the preist gave it some comedy

Cagefighterkip

they're both cheesy -- but cheesy in that great, B-movie/serial kinda way. i love the endings to both movies cuz of their self aware cheesiness :) but the best ending to ANY indy movie is the raiders warehouse scene.

my vote goes to Crusade...not for the riding into the sunset cliche, but the fact that im still pissed about them turning Marcus into a goofball in that film

WrathofGod

featofstrength said:
my vote goes to Crusade...not for the riding into the sunset cliche, but the fact that im still pissed about them turning Marcus into a goofball in that film

Yeah i always thought that, he went from concerned mentor to fool in one short movie???? WHY!!!!!, WHY even bring him????? I still enjoyed Crusade because it has so much great action but it started doing all this lame humor and from there we got Skull so i guess it was a natural progression.(n)

WrathofGod said:
Yeah i always thought that, he went from concerned mentor to fool in one short movie???? WHY!!!!!, WHY even bring him????? I still enjoyed Crusade because it has so much great action but it started doing all this lame humor and from there we got Skull so i guess it was a natural progression.(n)

something to the effect of Sean Connery as Indy's father meant Marcus was no longer needed as the guiding father-figure...but why that meant he had to become absent-minded comic relief,(n) I dont know

Udvarnoky

Hey wow, somebody bumped an old thread. But, I've never seen it, so...

Indy4 takes the cheese cake for me, definitely. I'm not thinking so much of the wedding (the concept of which I still don't know how I feel about) but rather the dialogue when the heroes are sitting on the ruins of Akator, combined with the shamelessly recycled Grail theme. Yikes!

I think though, like all the Indy movies, Crystal Skull has a great last shot, with Harrison snatching the hat away. "Not so fast."

I think Temple's ending is cheesy as well, and I think Spielberg lingers on the kids too long and William's choice of music is a bit too bombastic, but the movie just feels like it earns the relentlessly happy ending after all the hell the characters have been through. It's kind of the same way I feel about A Christmas Carol. Scrooge's redemption is over-the-top, but as a story/movie it still works like gangbusters, especially when the preceding material was so dark (or at least it should be if the adaptation is worth a damn).

Last edited: