Max McCoy Indy books

Canyon

Has anyone read all of these?

Philosopher'sStone_eX.jpg
DinosaurEggs_eX.jpg
HollowEarth_eX.jpg
SecretOfTheSphinx_eX.jpg

I have read all of Rob McGregor's Indy books and also the two books written by Martin Caidin, but to me, McCoy has really done a fantastic job with these books and in my opinon, he managed to not only to capture the character of Indy, but he also wrote the books in a style very similar to the films and I definately think that his books are the best out of all them.

I think the one of the most interesting things about these books is that the stories are intermingled with one another, and are best read in order.

I would be very much interested in reading everyones thoughts on these books and what they thought of the stories, plot, etc.

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
Yes!

They are awesome books and we have more about them from my interview with Max located inour Interview section under TR.N features.

Tennessee R

Funny you mentioned it Canyon. When I first joined, my first post was in a thread I made about Indy Books. I had never read any, and asked for advice. Most people said that Hollow Earth was the best, so, I just ordered

McGregor's
Perils at Delphi, (Because I've been to Delphi)
and McCoy's
Secret of the Sphynx, (Because my brother wanted it)
and Hollow Earth (Because everyone said it was the best)

and they arrived just yesterday.
I haven't read but part of one yet, but am looking forward to reading McCoy's books.

monkey

They are by far the best of the Indiana Jones published fiction works!!

If you are a fan of Indiana Jones I would definitely recommend them.

But make sure to read them in order; the order that they were published and which Canyon conveiniently placed them in.

McCoy captures the essence of Indiana Jones very well.

Kate

Hello, Monkey- don't believe I've met you. I'm Kate, btw, otherwise known as "Cappie" (short for Capshaw) by apalehorse and Ren.

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
Monkey?

Any chance I can get an updated email addy on you or even a mailing address? Email me shipwreck@theraider.net

Indyologist

Canyon, I've read all the Indy books and they are all great-- except one. The Sky Pirates. I can't STAND that book but I don't have the heart to get rid of it because, well, it's about Indy. Maybe I'll just use it as a coaster...

monkey

"Kate, it is always a pleasure to make the acquaintence of such a lovely lady as yourself," Monkey says as he plants a delicate kiss on to the back of the beautiful woman's silky smooth hand.

Hey Shipwreck, (no I'm not going to kiss you) I'll be sending along an e-mail soon.

Canyon

monkey said:
They are by far the best of the Indiana Jones published fiction works!!

If you are a fan of Indiana Jones I would definitely recommend them.

But make sure to read them in order; the order that they were published and which Canyon conveiniently placed them in.

McCoy captures the essence of Indiana Jones very well.

Monkey, allow me to agree with you in every single way.

McCoy is the best Indy writer I've ever come across (as well as yourself). :D

monkey said:
"Kate, it is always a pleasure to make the acquaintence of such a lovely lady as yourself," Monkey says as he plants a delicate kiss on to the back of the beautiful woman's silky smooth hand.

Hey Shipwreck, (no I'm not going to kiss you) I'll be sending along an e-mail soon.

Ah, Monkey. You're such a smooth talker. Just like Fisk...

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Okay... Am i like the only one who read the books ( not all of them, though ) by Wolfgang Hohlbein ?

Because they are in my opinion better then those written by McCoy.

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
Good point about Wolfgang's...

the prob is that we can't get them in the US. However, I did get a chance to talk with Wolfgang too and interview him for our site. Visit our http://www.theraider.net section and check out the interviews! Lots o'stuff there!

Kate

Canyon said:
Ah, Monkey. You're such a smooth talker. Just like Fisk...

Fisk and Canyon sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G....

j/k

Pleased to make your acquaintance, Monkey.

*blushes coyly*

JasperMoon

I read THE HOLLOW EARTH. It was very good. But I was disappointed because the ending was so very short! I wanted more if Indiana in the Hollow Earth! After all isn't that what's it's all about? I haven't read the others yet. Just started.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Indyologist said:
Canyon, I've read all the Indy books and they are all great-- except one. The Sky Pirates. I can't STAND that book but I don't have the heart to get rid of it because, well, it's about Indy. Maybe I'll just use it as a coaster...

What about The White Witch then (also written by Caidin)?
I really hated that book.
But just like you.. I couln't just throw it in the garbage..

But I couldn't keep it eighter, so I gave it away. ;)

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Re: Good point about Wolfgang's...

Shipwreck said:
the prob is that we can't get them in the US. However, I did get a chance to talk with Wolfgang too and interview him for our site. Visit our http://www.theraider.net section and check out the interviews! Lots o'stuff there!

I read the interview a while ago.
Really interesting.

I visit that part of the site regularly.. I'm waiting for the 'misc. books' section to.. well.. have some information.

Indy1936

What we really need is someone to translate the German Indy books into English, only then can the Indy Novel Library be completed.

Canyon

The Bayer said:
Hey Guys, I read all of the Hohlbein books I just don't have the time to translate them for you.

Welcome Bayer. :)

Out of curiousity, what are these books like?

I would really love to read them some day.