Star Wars: Underworld

San Holo

There has been alot more talk about the live action SW tv latley. It will consist of 100, 1 hour shows, and takes place between ROTS and ANH. I've heard that it revolves around a background character, and more than likley,Vader won't be in it. My question is this; Star Wars is the story of Anikin Skywalker,right? Why the hell would Lucas give us 100 hours of "Jar Jar's Big Adventure" when all I want to see is Vader-breaking out a can of whupass on the beginnings of the rebel alliance? Seriously, a tv show about Vader would rule, but more than likley,we won't even see him-or Yoda,Obi,Han,or Chewie.:mad:

IndyBuff

It's an interesting idea but without many of the main characters I don't think it will have the impact or attention it needs. Being able to see characters like Han, Wedge, Vader and Obi-Wan develop and change would be something neat, but needless background characters will probably do little for the series.

I think it has some potential but I would rather have Lucas spend time on Indy IV first before pursuing this.

Chris Jones

It won't be the same... I don't think they will even have same cast from the movie... And without Yoda or Vader, what's the point in watching it? Those are the two best characters in my opinion. I'd like to see a fight between Yoda and Vader.

indifan101

Is this for real? I think the trilogy was enough for me but a network for Star Wars? Hmmmmm? May make those trekies a bit angry!;)

Katarn07

Are you people crazy?! Not excited about it not focusing on main characters? That's the best thing because we can only go so far with them to better develop them.... or in some cases, ruin them.

I'll definately be tuning in. McCallum says it's going to be alot darker than the movies and involve fringe characters. Bounty hunters and mercs are the best choice to do since we only get glimpses in the movies and a lot of the EU as of late isn't as it once was. Bring on 'Tales of the Mos Eisely Cantina' and 'Tales of Jabba's Palace!' If you read those books, you know great things may come of this.

With that said, I'm worried it won't come off well. I found the PT too 'kiddy.' Will this be made for an adult audience in mind? I certainly hope so. Enterprise was a much darker Star Trek than all the previous series, and while it's not as great as TNG, I still enjoyed it.

Katarn07

ClintonHammond said:
"Enterprise was a much darker Star Trek than all the previous series"

Ya... and it EARNED being canned!

Why? For being different? I certainly don't think so. I guess it changed alot of ST history and if that is the case, yeah, I'd hate it too. But I'm no Trekkie. I didn't notice it and loved the story arcs each season had. Save for maybe DS9, which I gotta confess I can't stand, no other ST had storyarcs but were just the standard planet of the week episodes.

indifan101

Star Wars mini series? WTF?

Has anybody heard about this yet? I heard it on G4 tech tv. They're going to make a Star Wars mini series?

Katarn07

It's probably somehow related to the live action television show. There has been no announcements widely released about a mini now. I woulda heard about it before signing onto my computer.

Joe Brody

[In my best dripping-with-contempt Toht voice]

"WTF?" You Indyfans are all alike, always revealing yourselves as Star Wars fans at every opportunity. . . .

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
They're already leaning on the original trilogy nostalgia bandying about the "Empire Strike Back" tone...

...which sounds so much better than a Phantom Menace tone.

Bring on the smugglers, bounty hunters and rogues!

Montana Smith said:
...which sounds so much better than a Phantom Menace tone.

Bring on the smugglers, bounty hunters and rogues!
Its the Phantom Menace type "execution" of an "Empire" tone that I get a bad feeling about.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Its the Phantom Menace type "execution" of an "Empire" tone that I get a bad feeling about.

It sounds like George might complicate things again. I just want him to show the dark, dirty, seedy parts of the galaxy. And it's dark, dirty and seedy inhabitants. Down in the depths of Coruscant where the light never reaches.

No Jar Jar. No Battle droids, unless they're the kind envisioned by Brian Daley.

Really, they could just film the original Han Solo and Lando trilogies, then move off from there. Even if they weren't dark and seedy, they had a spirit of adventure and exploration in a galaxy that I wanted to see more of.