• Donovan

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Vogel

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Spalko

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Indy Jr.1

Mola Ram shouted stereotypical lines like "Drop them, Dr. Jones! They will be found. YOU WON'T! Hahaha!" ... Donovan did nothing special and was lacking in screen time. Belloq would have gotten my vote easily, but Toht's two memorable lines make it a contest.

"We are ... (giggles) ... We are not thirsty."
"Now ... what shall we ... talk about?"

I just love those two lines :)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Rumpled Fedora said:
I'm surprised. I'm the only person who likes Toht more than Belloq. :confused:
<small>*shrugs*</small>

I voted for Toht!(y) He should have had more of the film. Belloq was a close second.

Jonesy9906753

It is to my belief

That Mola Ram is single handedly the best and most evil of all the indy villains in the series,he gave me nightmares when i first watched TOD.He definitley makes Colonel Dr.Irina Spalko look like a wimp, i mean the guy tore a mans heart out and laughed while it was on fire in his hand! And the way he interacts with Indy in the "blood drinking scene" is just classic,Amrish Puri was a great part of the Indy Series.
:whip:

The Man

Jonesy9906753 said:
That Mola Ram is single handedly the best and most evil of all the indy villains in the series,he gave me nightmares when i first watched TOD.He definitley makes Colonel Dr.Irina Spalko look like a wimp, i mean the guy tore a mans heart out and laughed while it was on fire in his hand! And the way he interacts with Indy in the "blood drinking scene" is just classic,Amrish Puri was a great part of the Indy Series.

I love you, Jonesy. All bow down to Mola Ram, the sexy fiend!

nitzsche

Mola Ram was wicked. He deserved a more theatrical death though. I think the Sankara stone should have caught him on fire when he tried to grab it and he should have been flaming and smoking down toward the crocodiles.

Uki

I think each and every Indy villain is great in their own way. Mola Ram is a complete psycho devil-worshipping sadist, while Vogel (the quintessentil Nazi of the series, not to take anything away from Deitrich, Gobler or even Belzig Kooshmeister!) is well, a freaking Nazi, and then of course, there are the traitorous characters like Donovan, Elsa, and even Satipo and that darn monkey... Still, my fave has to be Belloq, as he has that sordid past with Indy, and he is that shadowy version of our hero. The accent is cool, too, especially given that Paul was sort of winging it!

twlightzone1205

Yeah I have to say Mola Rom. Pure evil. He wasn't just obsessed with acquiring power as the others main villians were, he already had the power for some time and stillwanted more. All of that in what was the least amount of screen time than the other three badies.

glorbes

Belloq, all the way. He was the best written, and Paul Freeman's performance was great. Mola Ram is a great serial-type villain, but Belloq was a more thoughtful and intelligent character.

ClintonHammond said:
I can't believe you left the Nazi Monkey off the list!!

Poor, poor little monky.

Benraianajones

I kind of like Donovan best out of the original enemies. We didn't see much of him in general, but that made him just seem even more snide and cold. And it is only near the very end when he shoots an unharmed old man, do you realise just how cold and greedy he really is.

col.dietrich

toht

i liked toht and col.dietrich because dietrich at the end is not very happy about the jewish ritual, and when he says, "I am not shure about this (shudder) JEWISH ritual. you can tell he is so anti jewish when he puases in between this and jewish.

and toht because he is a main villain put you never find out his name!:gun:

AnythingGoes

Mola Ram all the way! He's an interesting study as he's mad with power...a megalomaniac similarly to Donovan only more blood thirsty.
Mola Ram knew what he was after and stopped at no means to get it...pretty bad ass!
Also, his laugh is awesome!

Chewbacca Jones

Toht has always been my favorite, but just barely. It's a photo finished with the charming Mr. Belloq. What I love about Toht is that he's unremittingly evil. He knows he's scum and and loves it. At least, that's my view of it. He's such a classic archetype, and I found Raiders thrived on perfectly executed archetypes.