A Guide to Gear and Props. What to buy?

Mr. Fusion

Oh, and I'm sorry if you got the impression that Hats Direct sells the "Fieldmaster." That's the Camptown Company. Then again I might be misunderstanding you. :eek:

Katarn07

Lost out on this by a cent. :(

whip1.jpg

It's a 10' 8 plait snake whip.I would have put my max bid in with seconds to go like usual, but it ended at 6:00 and that's when I get off of work.

I ended up getting this one instead.

d56d_1.JPG

It's a 10' four plait. I did not get this one from jrzjoe. This one costs less than his and is from a seller called borderlinedesign. I think it looks kind of cheap compared to the snakewhip I lost, but it was only $25! That's cheaper than jrzjoe's and from the pics as good of quality. I feel better having spent only that much rather than $100+ for something I'm never going to use. Perhaps in the future I'll upgrade to a Winrich, Caicedo's, or even Todd's, but I think this will hold me over until that day comes.

Deckard

Katarn, I have a very similar whip from JrzJoe, I believe both yours and mine are made by the same person altho, sold by a few differant peoples. Its great for my display purposes, sure beats $800 just sitting on my desk as a static prop.

Snakes

I know that you can get pretty good fedoras for extremely low prices at Berlington Coat Factory.

Mr. Z

I got my gun belt, holster, whip holder, and regular belt from Todd's today. Great quality stuff from them, as always. :gun:

Mr. Z

Here are some pics now! :)

First, a few of the holster; you can also see Indy's regular belt in a few of these.
100_0998.jpg

100_0995.jpg

Here's the whole thing with the whip holder:
100_0994.jpg

Here's a close up of the whip holder:
100_0996.jpg

I'm extremely happy with these purchases!

Snakes

Is the whip holder really worth $20? Seems a little pricey. Either way, I'm looking into getting some gear from Todd's. Looks like good stuff.

Mr. Z

I'm not really sure if it's worth $20, or if it was overpriced, to be honest. I know it seems to work very well, and it looks great too. You may be able to find cheaper ones hopefully.

inuvuwow

Gun Belt...

I've already got the gun belt, whip holder, and SandW holster from Todd's and must say it is perfect!
I'm now waiting on a HJ Fedora and deluxe whip from them. I am looking very much forward to receiving those in the mail. Its been a little bit of a wait, but well worth it I would imagine.

MattJones

Deckard said:
Now that you have your Diary, You will no doubt want the Cup itself. Hitler can have the grail but he can't take it with him, you can. Again we turn to ebay. Seeing a pattern here yet? Several grails are readily available each week with nicer quality ones showing up a bit less often.

My main sugestion would be Geneva Roth:
41_1.jpg

This grail is hand thrown ceramic and has actual gold leaf in the basin. Its got a nice look and doesn't suffer from a thick neck or wide basin. For the price of just over $100 its a terrific replica. It is most like the grail that lays on it's side twoard the end, when Elsa knocks it into the chasm. You can tell this because of the coloring and the lip.

Also this grail shows up often lately:
18be_12.jpg

This one is again hand made for each customer only this one is actually made of wood. It too has an accurate shape, but no gold leaf. The outside coloring of the grail is also a little more accurate here. This is more like the grail you see in the Knight's shrine, before Indy actually picks it up.

Reelart's are again, very inaccurate. I've actually heard people say they just threw them in the trash.

Hopefully this short guide will answer some of your questions about what to buy. Please contribute reviews and photos of your own so we can have a definitive what's what of Indy gear.

Now that I have the Geneva Roth Holy Grail, feel free to ask for different angles if you are thinking about buying it.

Deckard

Falco, heres some of what Costumebase offers. Costumebase is an ebay seller from Singapore for those unaware.

New Diamond :

0054.jpg

0055.jpg

The ebay seller Jedi Spirit's Diamond is also pretty good for around $10. I think I payed around $10 for the Costumebase as well, He has tons of everything in stock and will usually accomodate your best offer as long as it isn't insultingly low.

Again, the CB Headpiece which has the same inscription on both sides :

0056.jpg

Belt and holster set in the darker brown coloring, he offers a lighter color which is more orange as well:

0062.jpg

0058.jpg

And Finally the bag they offer, which has a faux leather strap. The insides also vary from a real bag, the real ones have a ton of small compartments which would prohibit you from fitting an idol or grail or possibly even grail diary in it :

0060.jpg

Snakes

How is the Wested Special Offer Lambskin jacket compared to the standard Raiders or goatskin?

http://www.ekmpowershop4.com/ekmps/...ffer-raiders-rola-authentic-lambskin-70-p.asp

This jacket is cheaper than the others but less durable. The color also looks somewhat lighter but could just be the pictures; they say its the same as the standard Raiders jacket. I'd really like to get a Wested jacket but I'm not sure which one I should buy. Theres also the Todd's jacket which looks excellent and is much cheaper but is also supposed to be far less durable.