Speculation about ending

IrishLuck1980

Too true. After going through the ordeal that was the Prequels, I feel better prepared for Indy's latest adventure. Not acting like it's the 2nd Coming, but excited to see a new Indy adventure either way.

Sankara

Hey, we are talking about the Indiana JonesMovies!!!

We will NEVER see a ending like this:

"And that includes a wedding finale for Marion and Indy, driving off into the sunset, where Indy's hat blows off and lands at Mutt's feet... he picks it up and contemplates it."

LOL... this is FanboyBS! :D

agentsands77

Sankara said:

"And that includes a wedding finale for Marion and Indy, driving off into the sunset, where Indy's hat blows off and lands at Mutt's feet... he picks it up and contemplates it."

That information was given to me in October 2007, along with the other reports that John Hurt was Professor Oxley, a man obssessed with the skulls and the Lost City of Gold, and that the skulls were psychic amplifiers. You can actually find the report in the Wild Goose Chase thread.

If you want to discount that report, you have to explain away how my source was so "in the know" on those other elements which only recently have come to light. It's not info you can take to the bank, but it's not info you can so easily dismiss, either.

Last edited:
Sankara said:
Hey, we are talking about the Indiana JonesMovies!!!

Don't be too sure. If you read the SMFM script Indy gets stood up at the altar and Marion and Willie take him to a bar to drown his sorrows. KOTCS reworks a LOT of the lame scenes from the SMFM script.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Maybe I have no taste, but Indy getting married isn't lame to me. Alright an actual wedding scene literally, possibly lame, but if implied or enough info like that source's version of Indy and Marion riding off into the sunset type thing works for me and has the film end in a humble personal way, that the others had ended too.

agentsands77

Violet Indy said:
Maybe I have no taste, but Indy getting married isn't lame to me.
It isn't lame to me, either. I like the idea well enough. I always figured Indy would eventually settle down (and ideally with Marion, as KINGDOM would have it).

agentsands77

Sankara said:
In a few weeks we will laugh about this stuff! And you will say: "Yes! Sankara was right! All the time!"
I think it'll be the other way around. Are you going to want ice cream with your slice of humble pie? ;) :p

Agent Z

I can deal with a wedding at the end, especially if Chewbacca gets the medal placed around his neck once more....

*sniffle*

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
*VI tries reaching for the frying pan from the kitchen shelf. It's too high*

Oh, screw it. Some people will never learn. :rolleyes:

Anyway... I do hope by the end of KOTCS, those two will get together, even if there is no wedding/ implied marriage ending. What can I say, I'm a female and a Marion fan so you know, that is kinda my ideal ending...

agentsands77

Violet Indy said:
Anyway... I do hope by the end of KOTCS, those two will get together, even if there is no wedding/ implied marriage ending.
The DK book implies that their adventure together reignites their romance in the process, so I think you're in luck!

Last edited:

Agent Z

I do hope that Indy and Marion ride off into the sunset at the end...literally and/or figuratively.

I would also like to express my gratitude for short women and/or tall kitchen shelves.... (y)

donufro

I like the simple ending like in Raiders when they just go off for a drink. Ideally for me, it would be the same this time around - something to imply they have a relationship but nothing as as concrete as marriage. Something subtle to give closure, but also leave things open. That's totally Indy.

That said, if they do get married in the movie, I still wouldn't hate it, because they would finally "finish" the Raiders scene in Katanga's cabin. They would finally get a break. :hat:

Btw: Does it ever say in an Indy chronology that he gets married? Or married to Marion for that matter? If the screenwriters stick to the canon, all we have to do is look at the chronology to find out what happens. This site's ends at 1950. Are there any others?

Last edited:
donufro said:
I like the simple ending like in Raiders when they just go off for a drink. Ideally for me, it would be the same this time around - something to imply they have a relationship but nothing as as concrete as marriage. Something subtle to give closure, but also leave things open. That's totally Indy.

That said, if they do get married in the movie, I still wouldn't hate it. Because they would finally finish the scene they left off in Raiders in Katanga's cabin. They would finally get a break. :hat:

I agree. I prefer subtlety as opposed to the obvious, especially if they imply that Mutt is the love-child of Indy and Marion after they shared that drink together. Dear God, please, no wedding bells.

scifiwolf

What I want to know is, who the Hell wears a hat at a wedding? It's in such bad taste, even for Indy's gray hat. That right there should be enough to negate that aspect of a wedding scene. In three movies we've had three endings with Indy wearing the hat. If he can't end the movie without the hat, then the movie wono't end with a wedding.

Agent Z

scifiwolf said:
What I want to know is, who the Hell wears a hat at a wedding? It's in such bad taste, even for Indy's gray hat. That right there should be enough to negate that aspect of a wedding scene. In three movies we've had three endings with Indy wearing the hat. If he can't end the movie without the hat, then the movie wono't end with a wedding.

Where was it mentioned that he wears a hat at the wedding itself? If you are referring to the ending of the hat blowing off Indy's head and over to Mutt's feet, well, I think that is post-ceremony and while they are driving/walking/horseback-riding away.

scifiwolf

Why would he be leaving the wedding with a hat if he didn't wear it to the wedding in the first place? I'm not saying my logic is airtight, but it follows a certain sensibility. I just don't think we really know what Steve, George, and David have in store for us.

spiralout

scifiwolf said:

Who says he wears a hat? If there is a wedding, I think he'll be dressed like this.
sceneev8.jpg

Who said anything about it being a traditional wedding? For all we know it could have been a ceremony performed by the Ugha Chieftan.