Speculation about ending

spiralout

scifiwolf said:
Why would he be leaving the wedding with a hat if he didn't wear it to the wedding in the first place? I'm not saying my logic is airtight, but it follows a certain sensibility. I just don't think we really know what Steve, George, and David have in store for us.

When people go indoors, they remove their hats, when they go back outside they put them back on.

Agent Z

scifiwolf said:
Why would he be leaving the wedding with a hat if he didn't wear it to the wedding in the first place? I'm not saying my logic is airtight, but it follows a certain sensibility. I just don't think we really know what Steve, George, and David have in store for us.

Well, I should have clarified that by "post-ceremony", I meant well after...like the next day or so. I mean, I agree, it would be an awkward ending if they have to space it out that way. If you're going to have a wedding at the end, it should probably end right at the point, but I'm stretching to make it fit, and your bringing up the awkwardness of shoehorning the hat scene in is a good point that makes me think that one (wedding) or the other (hat flying off) may happen, but not both.

The Man

spiralout said:
Who says he wears a hat? If there is a wedding, I think he'll be dressed like this.
sceneev8.jpg

Is that Hurt and LaBeouf? I never noticed that before.

The Man

spiralout said:
Yup, that's them.

Damn, you're sharp! Anyway, maybe this final scene has Mutt return to college. That plot-point was mentioned somewhere on here before. There's a strange finality to a wedding.

spiralout

The Man said:
Damn, you're sharp! Anyway, maybe this final scene has Mutt return to college. That plot-point was mentioned somewhere on here before. There's a strange finality to a wedding.

That could be true, because Indy's outfit looks like it could be his professor clothes.

f_indybroadbem_e0a7d39.jpg

So maybe Oxley and Indy go back to teaching, and Mutt becomes a student.

I still don't like the fact that they changed it from Abner to Oxley. I was perfectly content with having him be Marion's father and would have resolved one of the plotlines of Raiders but now he's just another new character.

Shortie

That's Broadbent. Hurt's another character altogether.

I can totally see the wedding now:
Willie: Indyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Shortie: You call him Doctah Jones doll!
Sallah: INDEE!
Henry: Juniah!
*Cues to a comedic version of the theme*
:p

Shortie said:
That's Broadbent. Hurt's another character altogether.

I can totally see the wedding now:
Willie: Indyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Shortie: You call him Doctah Jones doll!
Sallah: INDEE!
Henry: Juniah!
*Cues to a comedic version of the theme*
:p

That's pretty much how that scene plays out in the SMFM script. You pretty much nailed it.