Dovchenko?

NileQT87

rocket sled soldier looks like pavel lynchnikoff, not andrew divoff.

__uman is "truman" for the person who didn't get it. he was a president. the names that have been spotted have been (if my memory serves): truman, roosevelt (2), grant, lincoln, washington and jefferson. all u.s. presidents.

truman - igor jijikine
roosevelt - pavel lynchnikoff
grant - andrew divoff

Last edited:

isaac_z

well, this may not be confirmation, but this picture of jijikine in the center of a bunch of russians makes me think dovchenko... guess i can eat my hat now.

2886_1.JPG

edit: the picture doesn't seem to load, but you can find it over at:
http://kotcs.blogspot.com/2008/04/fotos-de-kotcs-en-los-helados.html

it's the set of cups in the second row, first picture.

Spriggan Jones

Looks the new production notes released explains it all. Although the source of these notes was IMDB(there's a seperate thread on that) I think it's pretty clear that the notes are legit.

Here's the exact quote...

To accompany evil Agent Spalko, this adventure introduces a new character, Col. Dovchenko, the leader of Spalko?s traveling henchmen. Igor Jijikine, who had been a high-wire trapeze artist for Cirque du Soleil, plays Dovchenko. His comrades-in-arms include Dmitri Diatchenko and, from the hit television series ?Lost,? Andrew Divoff.
?Pat Roach, who was our iconic muscleman villain, passed away, and we were very sad not to have him in this picture,? explains Spielberg. ?I was looking for someone to fit the kind of role he used to play. Debbie Zane, our casting director brought Igor in, and I thought he?d be a terrific villain.?

Here's the link to where you can find the notes and disscusion.

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=13742

:hat:

Michael24

I don't see it as replacing Pat Roach at all. They were simply looking for someone intimidating enough to play the big muscular henchman this time around. It's not like they were bringing back one of the character he played and having someone else play him.

isaac_z

i'm not sure if this has been posted here, but from the New Acquisitions board:

IMG_4019.jpg

Maybe.Not Today said:
Yeah sorry about the photo quality. Looks like Igor to me.The back says:

"A Battle-Hardened Career Soldier, The imposing Dovchenko has ruthlessly enforced the Soviet regime in countless battles around the globe. His devotion to the soviet cause combined with his reputation for brutality make him the perfect choice to lead the Russian Commando team searching for the Crystal Skull."

cool.

xVendetta17x

Dovenchenko is shaping up to be a prominent character
I'm surprised they didn't get a big name to do it, not that they don't already have enough big names

Dr.Sartorius

Texas said:
Well, according to Cool Toy Review, Dovchenko's first name in Anton. Here is the Cool Toy Review link, which also shows details of the upcoming Dovchenko Hasbro figure:
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_IJ_Dovchenko.asp

Its actually Antonin Dovchenko according to the Ultimate Guide.

Here's his short bio from the book:

The commander of the Soviet Special Forces team tasked with securing the object is Colonel Antonin Dovchenko. Trained to carry out clandestine operations in diverse environments -- from Dovchenko's native Siberian Kalanishnikov combat rifles and Makarova semi-automatic pistols. A man of few words, Dovchenko takes an instant dislike to Indy, and is often tempted to supercede his orders that he should keep the American professor alive. Dovchenko has an equal distaste for insects, ants especially.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
One actor who won't be back (interdimensionally or otherwise):
Dimitri Diatchenko, an actor who has appeared in TV's "Bones" as well as various movies, has been charged with animal cruelty after killing, skinning and cooking his ex-girlfriend's pet rabbit, prosecutors say.

Diatchenko then killed the rabbit and ate half of it, they say, while texting the woman step-by-step pictures. When she returned home, she told police, he threatened to do the same to her.

McSeem

Moedred said:
One actor who won't be back (interdimensionally or otherwise):
What a terrible person he is! (n) I believe his role in KOTCS was really small and untitled, this guy shouldn't be confused with actor Igor Jijikine, who, by the way, wrote his autobiography, in which he mentions his days on the set of KOTCS. :)