Indy Blu-Ray and collecting

Billy Ray

So, the Blu-Ray "qaudrilogy" was just (finally announced) for this Fall. Hasbro has said in the past that the only way we would be seeing any more product from them would be if it were in conjunction with a major media event. Well, here it comes...so what I am wondering is...will Hasbro put their money where their mouth is? Will we see Indy toys back on the shelf this fall? If so, will there be anything new released...or simply re-releases? Will we finally see the "lost wave" in stores? Will we get another shot at ToD figures? Will there be any hooplah at all? Maybe some of those Blu-Ray commemorative sets like they did with Star Wars? What do you guys think?

indyclone25

it would be nice if they did just a trilogy of box sets of figures , but ....... the raiders and last crusade would have to be different since we had the "streets of cairo" and '' tank chase'' from target.
maybe some new figures wouldn't be bad to start off like some new scuplts
from raiders:
indy in suit
marion in raven bar outfit
belloq in white outfit
imam
gobler
marcus brody

from temple of doom:
indiana jones in tuxedo
willie scott in dance dress
lao che
one of lao che son's
old man shaman
prime minister of pankot

from last crusade:
elsa in venice suit dress
a brotherhood of the cruciform sword guy
a disguised henry jones (large jacket)
sallah in iskerderun clothes
donovan
different colored suit vogel

there i'm just throwing out ideas . :D :D :D :D :D

HJTHX1138

Please please please PLEASE let this happen!

Even if they were those cruddy three pack things ala SW "DVD" packs, I would buy them instantly!

All things aside, I really think this is the perfect opportunity for Hasbro to get some Indy stuff out. Not just figures. They should re-release all the board games, or make new ones, get some better role-play toys, the works.

Why not have some kind of retro Kenner style packaging for the figures too?

Indy's brother

I wondered myself if anything collectible will be offered with the box set as soon as the official word got out the other day of this fall's release. My gut reaction is that the discs will be made available in an ark replica, but hey, anything (including nothing) could happen. Merchandising is so hard for me to predict with this franchise.

indyclone25

well they trailer for the blu rays doesnt say anything about them being in a box set , it just says ''available for the first time'', which would be nice for the people who have bought kotcs on blu ray already. but we'll find out in a few weeks ?

indyclone25

let's stay on topic guys let's try and talk about products , ( some one might be watching and close this down this thread since there is already a thread dedicated to the blurays)

The Drifter

indyclone25 said:
let's stay on topic guys let's try and talk about products , ( some one might be watching and close this down this thread since there is already a thread dedicated to the blurays)

My apologizes. Carry on...

indyclone25

The Drifter said:
My apologizes. Carry on...
no problem ( you can't be to careless, somebody will always come and spoil the good times ) and i mean that in the sincerest respect.:D

Billy Ray

Knowing Hasbro, I doubt they will throw too much money into anything they do (i.e. tooling new figures), but it would be a great way for them to get some of the harder to find stuff out, like the ToD wave and the "Lost Wave" of Raiders figures. Maybe some of the "almost got released" stuff too, depending on how far along in production those items were.

Crack that whip

I'd be more interested in LEGO sets than Hasbro action figures and such, but anything would be nice. I somehow doubt they'll do as much for this event, though - it's ultimately just four movies getting video releases on a new format (on which one of them has already come out), not one whole new movie altogether, as was the case four years ago. I do expect there to be something new in addition to the Blu-ray set, but I wouldn't expect the relative heaps of Indy treasures to be found in stores throughout the spring and summer of 2008.

indyclone25

im hoping lacasfilm will do something with burger king again , i know burger king did something with some dvd releases with spongebob ( yeah i know i'm really reaching ) squarepants a few years ago, but it would be nice to have to get soem little collectibles again .:p

phantom train

Great thread! As a cross-promotion for the upcoming Blu-ray IJ set, I sincerely hope that Hasbro re-releases both the extremely hard-to-find TOD figures from '08, as well as last years?! set of the exclusive "Lost Wave" ROTLA figures (Toht, German Mechanic, etc.). Releasing both as boxed sets would be excellent - this would be a great for me (and I'm sure many other fans/collectors) since these toys were so tough to locate. It would be nice if these were widely-released, but I would also be onboard for Target/Wal-mart/TRU exclusives.

To a lesser extent, I also wouldn't mind seeing a boxed set of the LC wave from '08 as well; I got most of these figures (with the exception of the gray-suited German officer, whom I could never find), but the paint apps. were sloppy on many of them, so I wouldn't mind a re-release of all of these.

Re: vehicles for the figures, I'm sure this is too much to ask for, but I would also like to see some never-before-made vehicles, i.e. the car that Short Round was driving in the beginning of TOD & maybe the mine car from TOD as well...

I.M.J.

About the only way we'll see more stuff from Hasbro is if there's another feature film coming out. Beyond that, a letter writing campaign for the releases of these movies might help, if we had any real manpower to undertake such a thing (but we don't).

Indy's brother

How about 4 different prop replica cases, one for each film? Then you could agonize over which set to buy! You could choose between the ark, sankara stone, grail diary (though an oversized grail could be possible if the discs were on top), and either the warehouse alien casket or even...the FRIDGE!

Crack that whip

Lego Indy said:
I second that. :D

And I'll third it.

Heck, if nothing else it could finally get at least an eBook version, and make an excellent vendor exclusive freebie for Amazon - order the set on Blu-ray by date X, get the Staff of Kings novelization downloaded for your Kindle (also available separately)...

dlupus

I dunno... I think these blu rays may stir up the Indy love at Hasbro! I do jot think they would remodel or make any new figures... Just maybe put some box sets together... Hopefully the lost wave!

Kevin

I can't see them doing anything more than re-packs of previous figures, but if they go that route, they could do figure 4-packs with mini-posters, similar to what they did for Star Wars. If they do this, I would anticipate the following assortments:

ROTLA:
"Ultimate" Indy
Marion (Well of Souls)
Toht
German Mechanic

TOD:
Indy w/machete
Mola Ram
Chief Temple Guard
Willie Scott

LC:
Indy w/tie