Indiana Jones and the Smoking Mirror

Stoo

Glückwunsch! It's good for your book that he decided to participate (the voice actor has been discussed here before but I don't remember his name).

I'm just wondering if you will get sued or not. Be careful on how you promote your work.;)

I have just finished reading this novel and I had a BLAST. It is a pageturner that captures the feeling of Indiana Jones perrectly, which other novels (especially the ones by Caiden and McGregor) failed to to. A fleshed out villain with good henchmen (reminded me a bit of a typical Bond villain), a intriguing McGuffin that was explained very well, references to past adventures and most of all: The Indy-spirit. The humour in the dialouges was spot on.
My favourite part of the story was Indy exploring the remains of Templo Mayor underneath the catheral at the Plaza de la constitution in Mexico City. that was a great idea and pulled of very well.

Coincidentally the book has just been translated (iIhave nothing to do with that, I swear) as seen in the fan-translations thread: http://raven.theraider.net/threads/fan-translated-indy-books-and-other-projects.24423/post-600968
i can´t say anything about the quality of the translation since I have read the german original version.
But this story should be read by every Indy fan.

@ tocksic:
Danke für die tolle Story. Ich hatte verdammt viel Spass beim Lesen. Habe mir per Epubli.de eine Printversion des Buches machen lassen, welche nun bei mir zwischen den McCoys und Hohlbein´steht.

dyoghenes

I have just finished reading this novel and I had a BLAST. It is a pageturner that captures the feeling of Indiana Jones perrectly, which other novels (especially the ones by Caiden and McGregor) failed to to. A fleshed out villain with good henchmen (reminded me a bit of a typical Bond villain), a intriguing McGuffin that was explained very well, references to past adventures and most of all: The Indy-spirit. The humour in the dialouges was spot on.
My favourite part of the story was Indy exploring the remains of Templo Mayor underneath the catheral at the Plaza de la constitution in Mexico City. that was a great idea and pulled of very well.

Coincidentally the book has just been translated (iIhave nothing to do with that, I swear) as seen in the fan-translations thread: http://raven.theraider.net/threads/fan-translated-indy-books-and-other-projects.24423/post-600968
i can´t say anything about the quality of the translation since I have read the german original version.
But this story should be read by every Indy fan.

@ tocksic:
Danke für die tolle Story. Ich hatte verdammt viel Spass beim Lesen. Habe mir per Epubli.de eine Printversion des Buches machen lassen, welche nun bei mir zwischen den McCoys und Hohlbein´steht.
@Klaus Kerner
Thanks for linking my post.
As I was reading the translated version and comparing it to the original German, I was confused at one part. I hope maybe you can explain if I missed something.
In the first chapter when Marcus and Professor Hetfield talk on the phone, Hetfield says that he found something new, something lost ("Etwas Neues! Etwas Verlorenes"). Later, Indy says that he has no idea what that means, yet 2 paragraphs later he starts muttering 'lost chapter'.

How did he came to that conclusion? Did I miss something? It seems like some logical step is missing.

@Klaus Kerner
How did he came to that conclusion? Did I miss something? It seems like some logical step is missing.
I don´t think it as a conclusion but an assumption or a hunch. Indy uses "..." instead of "!!!" when he mumbles. At that point Indy is just making connctions in his mind and trying to find the "hidden meaning". During that patagraph it says something like "Indy´s mind is working and he his browsing through the vast infromation stored in his library / his mind". And while thinking he uses synonyms to the mystic word that Hetfield used.
Later when Indy is in jail before he get interrogated by the FBI he has another inner monolouge "a historian gives up his chair at the university to follow his peronal studies... Indy obviouslay made the obvious connection that Hetfield , an academic, found some hidden / unkown text /manuscrit during his studies "
it is a similar moment to the "x marks the spot"-scene in TLC or the "Big tear = lagua Miramar" and "big temple = Templo Mayor" scenes later in the book.[/ispoiler]

dyoghenes

That makes a lot of sense. I guess I overthinked it. So glad you read the book, I was afraid that noone will be able to answer me this about this 9 year old, sadly obscure book.

Wow. Enjoying this one a lot. Thanks for the English translation. Is there a link to a cover with artwork and the "Indiana Jones and the..." logo versus just The Smoking Mirror?

Wow. Enjoying this one a lot. Thanks for the English translation. Is there a link to a cover with artwork and the "Indiana Jones and the..." logo versus just The Smoking Mirror?

You can find an image of the over WITHOUT any text right here
405512_10151009913525924_289209085_n.jpg

Just use a good hi-res poic of the indiana Jones - Logo and paste it on the picture and add the rest of the text.

Since I am german and used the original german files for my paperpack version my cover looks like this:
staff-cover.jpg

You can find an image of the over WITHOUT any text right here
405512_10151009913525924_289209085_n.jpg

Just use a good hi-res poic of the indiana Jones - Logo and paste it on the picture and add the rest of the text.

Since I am german and used the original german files for my paperpack version my cover looks like this:
staff-cover.jpg
This is fantastic. Thank you very much!