What is the Best 90's Indy novel?

IAdventurer01

IndyJohan said:
Interior World??? Don't you mean Hollow Earth?

Um... no. I mean Interior World, the last to be written by Rob MacGregor. Of course maybe you were being saracstic, and were suggestion Hollow Earth is better. If so, then I cannot argue, I haven't read Hollow Earth yet.

EDIT: Oh! And I got my collection at Disneyland, CA.
Might be a distance to go just to get them, though. :D

Last edited:

KnghtHammr

Just finished Delphi through Veils. I'm into Deluge right now. Definitely start with Peril of Delphi, because it explains how Indy gets hooked on archeology right out of college.

At this point I think MacGregor has done a nice job capturing the feel of the films, from the detailed action, to the binds Indy finds himself in, to the often supernatural aspects of his archeology lifestyle. I also like how MacG weaves ongoing storylines through the different novels.

This might be a minor spoiler, so be careful reading on, but, I wasn't too upset about the whole Deidre issue. In my humble opinion, I think it lends insight to the slight callousness Indy displays toward women in the films. From what I can see, love is never really on his mind in the trilogy and (if I may be so bold as to mix the canon film Indy with the literary Indy) I think Deidre might have had something to do with that.

Kumba

Re: Interested New Reader

Original Raider said:
I havent read any of the Indy novels. Which ones should I start with? Which are the best ones? names, titles, authors, etc, thanks guys!

Why don't you just search amazon?

Webley

Unicorn's Legacy and Philosopher's Stone are grate books and could have been made in to movies I think.
The White Witch is one of the Indy books most fans think suck WHY dont ask me its one of my favorites. Hollow Earth hade a killer ending and its fast paste just like an old pulp book. As for Sky Pirates well that one I got to say sucked Gale Parker is in it and shes cool.

indyauthor1936

Help Wanted!

My birthday is coming up soon and as always everyone is hounding me about what I want. I know I want one of the books, I just don't know which one. Any advice? Thanx. :whip:

San Holo

The Best Indy Book

I have started to do alot of reading, and have seen some Indy novels. I wanted to get some advice on where to start and what the best are.Thanks. :D

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I've read three. Unicorn's Legacy, Genesis Deluge and Hollow Earth. I didn't like UL, it was too weird. Genesis Deluge was great and Hollow Earth was awesome. I recommend Max McCoy's books, they are really good.