Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

AlivePoet

RedeemedChild said:
Actually it's not a surprise that LEGO would release a LEGO Harry Potter game and as I'm a Christian, I'm not at all excited about Harry Potter while on the other hand I'm very much looking forward to LEGO Indiana Jones 2.

Truly, you ought'nt speak for a whole religion in relation to your own personal preference. While I am not a Christian myself, I have several friends who are, and they have absolutely no problem with HP--in fact, quite the opposite. They're some of the biggest fans I know. ;)

muttjones

Morning Bell said:
I think this would be great and I'd definitely buy it. As a big LOTR fan I couldn't possibly pass it up. I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of LEGO James Bond game either.:)

every movie...wow that would be a huge game.

No Ticket

RedeemedChild said:
Actually it's not a surprise that LEGO would release a LEGO Harry Potter game and as I'm a Christian, I'm not at all excited about Harry Potter while on the other hand I'm very much looking forward to LEGO Indiana Jones 2.

Wow. Just... lol. wow. I can't stand Christians who get all worked up over Harry Potter being "evil" or something like that. It's "FANTASY." There's nothing real about it and nothing bad about it. I am a Christian too so I just feel like those who are so uptight and against it are... ya know what, let me just keep it to myself. I don't think it would be very Christian-like of me to go bashing you for it. But I do think it's ridiculous. I remember reading about a bunch of religious nutjobs who went out and bought tons of Harry Potter books and had a book-burning.

:rolleyes:

DocWhiskey

I think it's funny that a Christian is against the Harry Potter films because they promote evil witchcraft but love RotLA which shows God as a real vengeful force.

But God kills Nazis so it's ok.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan and I'm not very religious. They're just fun little movies. Leave your crucifix at home.

jamesdude

some christians are hyper sensitive to anything "evil" or "violent"

i know because i once had a Punisher comic stolen from me by my church, and i almost got my MP3 player stolen by a nun.

indyt

lets not be ugly guys. Yes, I am a Christain. I do love LOTRs. I dont go around on a crusade against HP. Do I support it, no. My reason is that it really got a lot of young kids wanting to dabble in witchcraft. Lets not turn this conversation sour., please.

No Ticket said:
Wow. Just... lol. wow. I can't stand Christians who get all worked up over Harry Potter being "evil" or something like that. It's "FANTASY." There's nothing real about it and nothing bad about it. I am a Christian too so I just feel like those who are so uptight and against it are... ya know what, let me just keep it to myself. I don't think it would be very Christian-like of me to go bashing you for it. But I do think it's ridiculous. I remember reading about a bunch of religious nutjobs who went out and bought tons of Harry Potter books and had a book-burning.

:rolleyes:

I must be missing something here...didn't he simply say:

RedeemedChild said:
and as I'm a Christian, I'm not at all excited about Harry Potter...

I get the annoyance at the incessant banner waving "I'M A CHRISTIAN!", just as muchas some people must always announce their sexual preferences:"I'M GAY!"

But unless I'm missing something, he just said he wasn't excited about it...he wasn't condemning it. :confused:

If I were to take anything from your post it would be how intolerant you appear to RC's tolerance of Harry Potter.

But again, I may be missing something...

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Rocket Surgeon said:
Like foosball, it's THE DEVIL!

Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like school, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! And by the way, Mama. "Alligators" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"! And I like Vicki, and she likes me back! And she showed me her boobies and I like them too!

But seriously, I've never really understood why people hate witchcraft. I practice it, yet I don't understand why people get so offended by it. So if someone could please explain this, I would be very grateful.

Hawkeye said:
But seriously, I've never really understood why people hate witchcraft. I practice it, yet I don't understand why people get so offended by it. So if someone could please explain this, I would be very grateful.

You practice witchcraft? I'll get back to you about witchcraft hate...more interesting, who was your warlock/teacher? What reference books do you use and how do you decide which ones are (cannon?) valid? When did you start to practice, on who? what? Where do you practice? In some specific place? Why witchcraft? What does it do for you?

Here you go...

It is not easy to draw a clear distinction between magic and witchcraft. Both are concerned with the producing of effects beyond the natural powers of man by agencies other than the Divine (cf. OCCULT ART, OCCULTISM). But in witchcraft, as commonly understood, there is involved the idea of a diabolical pact or at least an appeal to the intervention of the spirits of evil. In such cases this supernatural aid is usually invoked either to compass the death of some obnoxious person, or to awaken the passion of love in those who are the objects of desire, or to call up the dead, or to bring calamity or impotence upon enemies, rivals, and fancied oppressors. This is not an exhaustive enumeration, but these represent some of the principal purposes that witchcraft has been made to serve at nearly all periods of the world's history.

In the traditional belief, not only of the dark ages, but of post-Reformation times, the witches or wizards addicted to such practices entered into a compact with Satan, adjured Christ and the Sacraments, observed "the witches' sabbath" — performing infernal rites which often took the shape of a parody of the Mass or the offices of the Church — paid Divine honour to the Prince of Darkness, and in return received from him preternatural powers, such as those of riding through the air on a broomstick, assuming different shapes at will, and tormenting their chosen victims, while an imp or "familiar spirit" was placed at their disposal, able and willing to perform any service that might be needed to further their nefarious purposes.

The belief in witchcraft and its practice seem to have existed among all primitive peoples. Both in ancient Egypt and in Babylonia it played a conspicuous part, as existing records plainly show. It will be sufficient to quote a short section from the recently recovered Code of Hammurabi (about 2000 B.C.). It is there prescribed,

If a man has laid a charge of witchcraft and has not justified it, he upon whom the witchcraft is laid shall go to the holy river; he shall plunge into the holy river and if the holy river overcome him, he who accused him shall take to himself his house.

In the Holy Scripture references to witchcraft are frequent, and the strong condemnations of such practices which we read there do not seem to be based so much upon the supposition of fraud as upon the "abomination" of the magic in itself. (See Deuteronomy 18:11-12; Exodus 22:18, "wizards thou shalt not suffer to live" — A.V. "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live".) The whole narrative of Saul's visit to the witch of Endor (1 Samuel 28) implies the reality of the witch's evocation of the shade of Samuel; and from Leviticus 20:27: "A man or woman in whom there is a pythonical or divining spirit, dying let them die: they shall stone them: Their blood be upon them", we should naturally infer that the divining spirit was not a mere imposture. The prohibitions of sorcery in the New Testament leave the same impression (Galatians 5:20, compared with Apocalypse 21:8; 22:15; and Acts 8:9; 13:6). Supposing that the belief in witchcraft were an idle superstition, it would be strange that the suggestion should nowhere be made that the evil of these practices only lay in the pretending to the possession of powers which did not really exist.

Last edited:

indyt

I am not posting to have a fight with everybody. But put simply, Christians are not supportive of witchcraft because it is an abomination in the Bible.
Deu 18:9-13
Gal 5:19-20

as well as other scriptures.

Well if Indy 2 content is indeed Crystal Skull heavy, it's possible that Spalko will have some special powers...she's described as a witch in the novelization.

Maybe she'll have her own version of force powers...you know confuse the weak minded, hypnotize them, read their minds.