Was there ever an Indiana Jones 1st person shooter?

jamesdude

i was just curious if there was a 1st person shooter Indy game, the stories would be perfect for that kind of game and i wouldnt be suprised if there was one.

Nurhachi1991

jamesdude said:
i was just curious if there was a 1st person shooter Indy game, the stories would be perfect for that kind of game and i wouldnt be suprised if there was one.

No.............. That would be a horrible game

Indy should either be a sidescroller or a third person view.

No Ticket

Nurhachi1991 said:
No.............. That would be a horrible game

Indy should either be a sidescroller or a third person view.

They should make a first person Indy shooter except he can only use his whip.. they could make it for wii and you have to sling the wiimote for Indy whip-action...

Take that Nazi scum!! *whip crack*

Indy's brother

Everybody's different, but I think that Indy is too unique of a character to use as a generic "hand with a gun in it" FPS. If they got all of Ford's physical mannerisms dialed in perfectly, then maybe. But Ford's physicality is such a big part of his ability to portray the character. Besides, I want to see the hat.:eek:

Snakes

I think it could work. It would probably work best on the Wii, for the whip an fist fighting. Although I'd still buy it for the PC. I do agree however that 3rd person action/adventure is the best type of game for Indy. One of those for the Wii would be amazing. I recently finished playing The Force Unleashed on the Wii and it was one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a long time.

JerryKing

Fortunately, there never has been; hopefully, there never will be - although with the progressive idiotification, it's, sadly, likely to happen.

EvilDevo

Not yet. But I'm still hoping that Free Radical Design/LucasArts secret project is an Indiana Jones first-person shooter. Voiced by Harrison Ford. With the brim of the hat in view on the top of the screen.

...but word on the street is Battlefront III.

Last edited:

Indy's brother

With the brim of the hat in view on the top of the screen.

Great idea, I think that if an IJ FPS absolutely had to be made, that would be the way to to it. It doesn't sound like much, but the hat goes a long way.

Shortie

Meh, there's no point in having an Indy 1st person shooter. You won't really look like you're playing Indiana Jones.

RaideroftheArk

I just finished playing Quantum of Solace and I have to say...they mixed 1st person shooting with 3rd person elements (like when you run up to a person it switches and gives you a button sequence to knock the person out, and when you duck behind objects you actually see bond crouched down which makes aiming over and around objects very easy. Plus, they make it easy for you to switch from object to object that you are hiding behind with a dash button.)

If they did an Indy FPS in this style so that Jones/You could utilize his revolver plus hand to hand combat coupled with being able to duck and cover behind unlimited amount of objects...I think it could have the potential to be cool.

And as for using the Whip and not being too much like Spider-man...there could be few sequences where the angle switches to 3rd person to get swing over stuff.

It's really hard to explain what I'm talking about unless if you played QOS.

WillKill4Food

Maybe this is a little off topic, but I'd like to see a WWI first person shooter.:gun:
Okay, maybe that sounds lame. :rolleyes:
Trench warfare isn't very exciting.
At all. (n)
But the game could focus on like secret missions and stuff like that, and maybe be a little steam-punkish to compensate for the lack of exciting weaponry in that time period. (y)
What do you think? :confused:

(By the way, sure, this is a little off-topic, and may seem random. But I suggested it because the question of an Indy FPS reminded me that I've always hoped for a WWI FPS because Indy fought in WWI...)

Nurhachi1991

WillKill4Food said:
Maybe this is a little off topic, but I'd like to see a WWI first person shooter.:gun:
Okay, maybe that sounds lame. :rolleyes:
Trench warfare isn't very exciting.
At all. (n)
But the game could focus on like secret missions and stuff like that, and maybe be a little steam-punkish to compensate for the lack of exciting weaponry in that time period. (y)
What do you think? :confused:

(By the way, sure, this is a little off-topic, and may seem random. But I suggested it because the question of an Indy FPS reminded me that I've always hoped for a WWI FPS because Indy fought in WWI...)

Trench Warfare is very exciting. You got mustard gas cannon fire everywhere rotting corpses intense hand to hand combat.

That should be Call of Duty 6

The Magic Rat

Nurhachi1991 said:
Trench Warfare is very exciting. You got mustard gas cannon fire everywhere rotting corpses intense hand to hand combat.

That should be Call of Duty 6

"Level Complete? Oh, sweet! I gained two feet of land! This is the best game ever!"

Trennas

and in the next level you are once again driven back a hundred feet by enemy gas and flame throwers! exiting! (y)

I think that if there would ever be a WW1 game, it would have to shift its focus away from the trenches eventually, pretty much like the young Indy series did..

WillKill4Food

Yeah, like I said in the original post, I don't think that a WWI game (especially in the form of an FPS) would be very exciting unless it let you take the role of a spy or someone who didn't have to fight in the trenches for an extended period. That's why I postulated that the game could be steam-punkish, and take a few cues from Wild Wild West in that it would make you sort of a WWI-era James Bond.