Indymag - The magazine for Indyfans

Indymag

Dr.Sartorius said:
Can someone with a graphic design background make better covers?

How about you? Issue 9 is almost in the bag but we're more than happy to use your design. Free Free to post a mock up here.

Last edited:

Indymag

12801529_975192589230004_5963710467700909242_n.jpg

We're back! The guys who can't be bothered to get a real graphic designer to do the cover!!

Get your fix http://indymag.org

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent issue! Here's the video source, fellow pilot Jimmy Buffett on tour in 1991, facing the evil forces of Disco, Rap and Lip Sync (D.R.A.L.S.) who release a Milli Vanilli poster as chaff.

Now we know Tavora Escossery, 18, pierced Ford's ear so he could hang with the cool kids. Amazing details as usual, Indymag!

Indymag

Moedred said:
Excellent issue! Here's the video source, fellow pilot Jimmy Buffett on tour in 1991, facing the evil forces of Disco, Rap and Lip Sync (D.R.A.L.S.) who release a Milli Vanilli poster as chaff.

Now we know Tavora Escossery, 18, pierced Ford's ear so he could hang with the cool kids. Amazing details as usual, Indymag!

Thanks Moe. Next issue will be even better!!

Indymag

Dr.Sartorius said:
If I could I would.

That's a shame as I thought by the way you spoke you were a graphic designer and we could gain some insight from your expertise.

Still happy to hear your thoughts on what kind of cover we should be doing.

Dr.Sartorius

Indymag said:
That's a shame as I thought by the way you spoke you were a graphic designer and we could gain some insight from your expertise.

Still happy to hear your thoughts on what kind of cover we should be doing.

Yeah..sorry...I wish I could. The mag is great and would love to see covers like the old Star Wars Insiders.

images

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Dr.Sartorius said:
Yeah..sorry...I wish I could. The mag is great and would love to see covers like the old Star Wars Insiders.

It was decided from early in the magazines development we would keep it simple on the cover with a classic layout and clean designs as one of the issues we envision was having enough content to fill the magazine and display on the cover. Which still remains.

Also we wanted the magazine to be different from the typical Lucasfilm fair and went for a bold font and forego'd the Indiana Jones branding. If you look at a lot of the original publications for Raiders they were designed in a more upmarket style.

B4QEQmtCUAI30Ck.png

As you can see from the first issue we have made some small refinements to our covers and at present we like the contrast of B&W images as it blends well into our branding.

We may review how we do the covers at a later date as everything always needs a spring clean.

Z dweller

Hey guys, I am guessing the announcement kind of threw a spanner in the works for the next number, huh? :p

On the plus side, now we'll have TONS to discuss in the magazine going forward. (y)

Indymag

Z dweller said:
Hey guys, I am guessing the announcement kind of threw a spanner in the works for the next number, huh? :p

On the plus side, now we'll have TONS to discuss in the magazine going forward. (y)

The best spanner we've ever had thrown at us!

Yep! We're geared up for an Indy avalanche or dare I say Indy Orgy?

Indymag

Attila the Professor said:
Better than these?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xlEZfMbc3z4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmmmm! (Chin rub. Raised eyebrow. Pause.) No.