Rumors Rumors + chasing after rainbows

JasperMoon

I heard that the new Indy Movie might be on finding the lost continent of Atlantis. This has not been confirmed, but I saw it somewhere on the Internet.

As for possible storylines, there was a good one, the script was already written, about finding the legendary Excalibur, I think would have been really great.

However, there are a few things that come to mind. The suggestion of a time machine got my head astirring.
A list of my suggestions:

1. The time machine that is hidden in the Andes
that Eric von Daniken wrote about in his books

2. The Oracle of Delphi ( the seer who lives forever)

3. The Fountain of Youth

4. The scrye bowl of Nostradamus that predicts the
future

5. the crystal that destroyed Atlantis

6. the two pillars of the Antediluvean world- one
is missing that houses the knowledge of the
first world The other is supposedly the Cheops
pyramid

7. Leviathon and Behemoth of the Bible they are
dinosaurs supposedly set aside to feed mankind
when Armegeddon comes

8. The Loch Ness Monster (see number 7)

9. The passageway into the center of the Earth (Jules
Verne here we come)

10. There is also supposedly a great library hidden in
Egypt that was the counterpart of Alexandria's that
contains ALL the knowledge of the world from the
beginning of time

11. Shangri La

and

12. The Garden of Eden

Do any of these stir the Indiana pallets?

Canyon

Hi Jasper. Welcome to The Raven.

I really like the ideas that you have for Indy 4. They sound very interesting!

Once again, welcome! :D

JasperMoon

I read a few of the posts. I started to get an itchy PC in my palm and the next thing I knew I was typing. I can get you more ideas. I'm also a writer. I've had a few things published mostly in the local papers. I'm working on a screenplay right now, hush hush, on that one too. If you get any drift of what the new plot truly is let me know asap!

also Indy could look for the lost city of gold or El Dorado of the Incas.

The Sword of Damacles

The Key of David that will unlock the Bible Codes!

Graveyard of the Elephants ( with all that Ivory!)

Avalon and the resting place of King Arthur

King Solomon's Mines

And here's one straight from almost my back yard! The lost gold tablets that the Book of Mormon supposedly was translated from! ( I pitched that one years ago for the fourth movie when they were talking about making one and then didn't)

JasperMoon

RE: crystal skull

I was just reminded on another post board that I saw the crystal skull several years ago. What an awesom artifact. It was rumored there are also more. What a story this skull that turned blue when President Kennedy died could help tell.

LASTCRUSADER

Welcome Jasper. It will be interesting to see if any of our(fans) ideas regarding the Indy IV plot actually materialize in the film. By the way I too like some of the ideas you have for the fourth film.

Canyon

Re: You're a writter, too?

Renderking Fisk said:
Funny how many writers gravitate towards Jones... How many of us are here? Pale Horse, Canyon, myself... who am I missing?

And Monkey too. :D

bob

Another artifact thread... well its nice to see some new blood on this issue, i particularly like the suggestion of the Oracle, i can really see a great Indy IV made revolving around ancient Greece.

WARNING RANT STARTS HERE, EVACUATE AREA

(This may be slightly OT but why dont rather than simply playing the parlour game of thinking up an artifact, we actually meditate on what the movie will ACTUALLY BE ABOUT!, there is so much more to the Indy movies than just the artifact which i think are maybe a little bit ignored)

ALL CLEAR

Randy_Flagg

As usual, Bob, I agree with you. Indy is about more than just the artifact. In Temple of Doom, for example, did it matter if Indy was trying to recover stones or diamonds or amulets? Not really. In Last Crusade, was the grail really the crux of the story? Nah. The story was about Indy and his father, and the grail was essentially a plot device to give them a purpose and a link. But since this thread IS about the artifact, you might consider starting another thread about The Story.

JasperMoon

RE: Indiana Jones Jr.

Anyone willing to get together and pitch a trilogy storyline to pitch to Spielberg and Lucas? We have someone in the crystal skull message thread willing, it seems. Anyone with me?

Canyon

Re: RE: Indiana Jones Jr.

JasperMoon said:
Anyone willing to get together and pitch a trilogy storyline to pitch to Spielberg and Lucas? We have someone in the crystal skull message thread willing, it seems. Anyone with me?

Count me in. :D