Changes and Improvements you would make to the Films

Paul Pauley

I think LC got a bit confused about the Grail's powers. Catholic tradition has the Grail being 1. the cup at the Last Supper, 2. the cup with which Joseph of Aramathea caught the blood of Christ from his wounds on the cross, or 3. both. Christ's blood indeed heals all illnesses and injuries, as in the Roman centurion Longinus who stabbed him with the Spear - the blood ran down it - and cured his bad eyesight. However, this tradition doesn't mention anything about the Grail extending your lifespan.

(I assume they were thinking of 'He who drinks of this cup shall taste eternal life', but he meant eternal life in the Kingdom of Heaven, not on Earth).

Kai Hagen

- It would've been more interesting for me as a history enthusiast if the trilogy had more of a Great Depression background to it.

- I'd include Germans who didn't agree with Nazism into the first and third films.

- I'd add more to the relationship between Marion and Belloq - more tongue-in-cheek romance, and a suggestion that it could've gone deeper if the circumstances were right.

- I'd include a Chinese woman and an Indian woman (each acted by celebrities from China and India) in the Temple of Doom.

- I'd change Willie Scott's hairstyle when she was in India. It looks too 80s to me.

- Temple of Doom would've been a good chance to show a Japanese unit garrisoned in Shanghai. It would've described the approaching WWII atmosphere more clearly.

- As someone who likes curry and naan and has Indian friends, I'd change the Indian cuisine depicted in the Temple of Doom. This depiction looks ridiculous now that the Indian culture has become more well-known. I'm not surprised that the Indians were offended back when less people were aware of Indian culture.

Last edited: