Spider-Man 4

DocWhiskey

The Man said:
The villians in the featured script were? Vulture?

Mary Jane and Peter were to have a baby.

Vulture would've been an editor at the Daily Bugle. Using the tired "good friend of Peter's turns bad" storyline. John Malkovich was set to play him.

Anne Hathaway was signed on to be the Black Cat (Basically Spider-man's answer to Catwoman) but instead the studio decided to COMPLETELY change her character to The Vultress. A villain that never existed in the comics or any other Spidey media for that matter.

The Studio wanted to add a 3rd villain. The script was complete crap. Raimi lost hope and walked.

The End.

Montana Smith

indyrcks said:
I have signed the petition this is not right that Tobey and Sam have walked away from Spiderman they should come back:D

If the filmmakers come back under sufferance they'll probably deliver a made-by-numbers picture, and you'll wish they'd never made it.

Spider-Man isn't one of my favourite comic book heroes, but he did encounter some great villains.

The first Spider-Man film put me off because the CG looked wrong - something about the way Spider-Man moved which lacked gravity or weight. The Green Goblin also looked so alien in look to the comic book. So, from those early impressions I haven't been excited about each sequel.

If Spider-Man 4 is a reboot, and if the film-makers are willing participants, then this might be a film to look forward to.

caats

i think Raimi realized that he wouldn't be able to do what he wanted to do.

apparently Maguire really didn't mind walking away, he thought he'd done enough for spider-man. but he woulda been there for Raimi. slash maguire supposedly has a shot at bilbo baggins for del toro's The Hobbit. i'm sure he appreciates being freed for that too.

Montana Smith

caats said:
maguire supposedly has a shot at bilbo baggins for del toro's The Hobbit. i'm sure he appreciates being freed for that too.

The Hobbit is definitely a film I'm looking forward to -they could give up any number of Spider-Man movies to make way for this!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
DocWhiskey said:
Mary Jane and Peter were to have a baby.
I can only imagine thousands of baby spiders exploding as if from the legendary beehive hairdo.

Where do you get your intel?

DocWhiskey

Moviehole.net apparently has a scoop on both scripts.

CinemaBlend.com reported the basic synopsis of Spider-man 4 which is basically:

Peter Parker gets over MJ, finds a new girl, falls in love. But: Peter also discovers her father is actually the Vulture, a naughty green guy with wings to be played by John Malkovich. Peter is torn between the love of his new lady and taking down the Vulture. Being a Spandex tight-ass, he decides to take down the Vulture, and kills him. This patricide goes down poorly with Peter?s new fiancée, and she rejects him. Despondent, Peter decides to abandon his superpowers, and Movie No. 4 ends with Peter Parker throwing away his Spider-Man mask, and audiences wondering if they are watching Superman II.

No mention of a baby, which makes me a bit suspicious. But who knows. Sounds like a crappy retread of the 1st 3 films.

caats

DocWhiskey said:

Peter Parker gets over MJ, finds a new girl, falls in love. But: Peter also discovers her father is actually the Vulture, a naughty green guy with wings to be played by John Malkovich. Peter is torn between the love of his new lady and taking down the Vulture. Being a Spandex tight-ass, he decides to take down the Vulture, and kills him. This patricide goes down poorly with Peter?s new fiancée, and she rejects him. Despondent, Peter decides to abandon his superpowers, and Movie No. 4 ends with Peter Parker throwing away his Spider-Man mask, and audiences wondering if they are watching Superman II.

No mention of a baby, which makes me a bit suspicious. But who knows. Sounds like a crappy retread of the 1st 3 films.

this synopsis seems very unlikely for some reason. doesn't sound very Raimi at all.

Indy&HanFan

DocWhiskey said:

that sounds terrible. at first i was sad to see that toby and sam were walking, but after reading that i can understand why they would want to.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Storyboards by Jeffrey Henderson show Bruce Campbell as Mysterio.
Still waiting for script(s) to leak.
It would've been one absolutely kick ass movie. Seriously. We were working on some crazy- cool stuff, because everyone, from top to bottom, felt that Spidey 3 was a bit of a missed opportunity, and we all really wanted to help Sam take SM4 to another level so he could end the series on a high note.

SM4_BC_2_LR.jpg

SM4_BC_6_LR.jpg

Spidey_Wings_1_LR.jpg

SM4_03_LR.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I'm tempted to call this thread Homecoming... same villain and all, right?

Back to 2010: fan theory confirmed that Peter Parker was in Iron Man 2.