Of Crystal Skulls

Vendetta08

The first thing I thought of was the Phantom film, which I use to love. I don't want the same plot devise for Indy though.

Jackson

Hey,

I have been to the ruins in Southern Belize where the Mitchell Hedges Crystal Skull was found. I have looked into the Altar where Anna Hedges recovered it and even have a pic of the altar. Send me a PM or email for more info. I am at the moment in contact with Hedges niece and am trying to arrange a private viewing of the skull. There is so much I could share on this forum. Hope to talk to someone soon.

Jackson:gun:

JasperMoon

whether they are real or fake, you have to admit. To see them in person is just awesome in itself.

And I can attest several years ago when I did see the one, they weren't fake then.

:whip:

fixer79

There was a show yesterday evening on TF1, a French television network about the thirty most mysterious cases in the world.
At number two (!) was the mystery surrounding the thirteen crystal skulls!

The footage they used to illustate the case began with a clip from Raiders of the Lost Ark, where the narrator explained that the myth of the crystal skulls will be used in the upcoming Indiana Jones movie...
:D

They concluded by saying that when all the found crystal skulls had been united at one point, only a few turned out to be fake. The true origin of the others remains -until this day- the second greatest mystery know to man...

TUM TUM TUUUUUUUUUM ! :p

commontone

Someone on this board once said that the Mitchell-Hedges skull was a "fake" that was found to have been made in the 1800s....this is false. It turns out the man's daughter probably didn't find it like he said; he *bought* the item in Mexico in the late 1800s.

The skulls themselves are impossible to date, because carbon-dating only works on organic material. Several of the skulls have strange properties; they were wrought against the grain of the quartz, which would normally cause the rock to splinter and shatter. Even today, modern technology cannot work around this. It's a basic property of crystals that you must cut them with the grain, yet the skulls, including the MH skull, are cut against the grain.

Analysis of the skulls shows none of the microscopic markings that would indicate they were "hand made," without the ultra-precise machinery we have today. This is one reason they are thought to be "fake" or modern by some. Yet, even dating back to the 1800s, which is the last documented acquisition of many skulls, the technology to create them so precisely did not yet exist.

They are indeed pretty mysterious artifacts...

Raiders90

replican't said:
Crystal skulls is a pretty gay idea

why not have him looking for an original My Little Pony from the 80s?

Replican't--Hating on Crystal Skull a year before it even was released!

otto rahn

My problem with the movie was that they made the skulls look alien. None of the crystal skulls so far found have looked anything like that, certainly not the Mitchell Hedges skull ! They reference Mitchell Hedges in the film I think, then they come up with that skull that looks NOTHING like the one his daughter "found". I was disappointed !

micsteam

I agree, but Lucas' sensationalism ! Not really something Spielberg wanted to do but he ( Lucas) sold him on " Inter-Dimensional Beings " instead of '50's Alien scare was more appealing I guess and we got what we got.. :(

micsteam

Sorry to get away from the subject ( Mitchell and Hedges and so on), all the skulls ( which really can't be justified as real from South America, they didn't have the technique to do the quality for not one but all the skulls in that fashion) are in question. They sensationalized how the Mayan and other tribes/civilizations in that area of the time used to shape their children's heads around/after birth to make them seem godly/otherworldly. :hat: