Fedora

What can I say, I'm a funny guy.
Well you could say where the interesting discussions on the old Raven board are all located s i seem to be finding this place about as dead as a 100 year old corpse.

Come on folks where is the love?

Sure am glad that has got repaired and now we can all have some fun and maybe start up a good thread about something here.

Any one want to talk hats?

Well I am open to any good topic or controversy of any kind .. Whatt does any one what to talk about?

Is that neurotic gal still on here ? Ops that would beany gal on here I guess :sick:

I think it was Indy Gal or such The one that had the no child thread and bitched and moaned when Ren went crazy about it, had the massive PM campaign against him and then went crazy on me later.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, she's still here from time to time. Last time was a couple of weeks ago.

Now back to hats.

Hat season is about over here. We have 5 or 6 new orders for felt and a couple Montecristi hats to make still. It was a tough year for us growing a lot and getting set back up from a split off in business and getting redirected and all. We done a few Movie repro hats and several interpetations of the IJ hats as well. We are about to do a screen accurate high end IJ in a few days for a guy in Germany.

I watched with Mixed thoughts as I seen the fedora lounge and a lot of the Cow clan make an about face from Optimo being the flavor of the month and then adopt either Fedora or Art as the hat maker of the day. I was amazed how nepotism is rampant on the forums and Seen die hard Optimo and Akubra fans change beliefs and Pm me as to how that I was right about them all along and how beaver hats are the way to go . Equally concerning to me was how two self admitted novice hat make refurbishers took the bit of knowledge I published and instantly became master hatters over night with a huge fan base.

While the world of hats is an amazing thing the world of people are more amazing .

I wonder what them same folks would say if hey seen really well made professional level hats or if they would appreciate the art or if they prefer any hat with sinsationalism and nepotism over a great hat with just plain talk .

I suspose this will remain unanswered.

We of course as anounces back then aslo started up a new " hat" forum and have had limited suscess with it and lots of growing pains as well. Having tried to concentrate on quality and not quanity is some what painful in of its self.

Grimdiana Bones

I know I've mentioned this on another thread, but I wanted to ask again for good measure.....

Does anyone have any tips on how to possibly make a fedora somewhat larger? I bought mine online, and have come to the relization that my head is too big. I was thinking about removing the leather band from inside, but I dont want to risk damaging it if possible.

Grimdiana Bones said:
I know I've mentioned this on another thread, but I wanted to ask again for good measure.....

Does anyone have any tips on how to possibly make a fedora somewhat larger? I bought mine online, and have come to the relization that my head is too big. I was thinking about removing the leather band from inside, but I dont want to risk damaging it if possible.

Hello I think I cna help you but to try to write all this out and then not get it right is all wrong. Your info suggest you are in Cincinatti, if os call me or send me your ph# and I will call you and help you. Or ship me the hat and I will stretch it for fee after I talk with you. Its not real hard to do but its real easy if you have a professional stretcher as I have.

My Ph# is 276-926-6423 my email is gladhatter@gladhatter.net Or you can PM me with your number. I will be happy to try to help you no cost and no obligation and i will pay for the phone call to help you. .

Charlie

I sould like to encourage all forum bviewers her as well to please ask any non Indiana Jones q's on our hat forum. there you will get a detailed public answer that all can learn and find helpful.

Nothing wrong with this forum and we endorse it in public post and also as a linked forum but it is not geared for all hat topics as we are. Likewise we are not geared for all Indiana Jones topics.

Please come join the hat forum , the peoples forum where youare the mod.

www.gladhatter.com/forum It is not a moderated forum as others are moderated but instead mostly self moderating.

We hope to see you BOTH here and there.

Charlie

Webley

Grimdiana Bones said:
I bought mine online, and have come to the relization that my head is too big. I was thinking about removing the leather band from inside, but I dont want to risk damaging it if possible.
I think you should cut leather band from inside and then after you do that wear it for like a moth and tell us if it was a good idea ;)

Telling you now bad idea . I have answered this man with all his concerns and he should be fixed up and if not he will let me know.

Sweat bands , felt and ribbon all will streatch 1- 2 sizes. No problem.

Charlie

indifan101 said:
Or you could take it to a place that cutomizes hats! :D

yes if we had all the options in the world then we would need no help in any thing we do. Ufortunatly there is precious few place to get any real hat help these days.

That is one of the reasons for the SBS to exist is to help folks find hat help.

Charlie

The next IJ IV hat

Folks among all the speculations about the next movie and all, I have been in contact regularly of late with Lucas Films, and the Marshall group as well and we have beennegotiating on both the next movie hat and the post production hats.

We have not reached any agreement yet but they have ask for a sample hat.

Now I am not going this alone. I expect complete support from all IJ fans every where.

They currently are inclined to use the DP hat and that way increase the post production sales.

I wexplained to them how the fans would never support this and how the hat will make or break the movie.

They are listening but we need solid and fast action here and we need group support.

Please vist the SBS visitors page and see the post and decide what you are willto do to support this. Any ideas are appreciated.

Charlie