Infernal Machine hints and tech help

The Tingler

PeteNeon said:
Does this game work on Vista? I've had it for about 7 years, when they first released it as a LucasArts classic. It worked on 98, played half of the Canyonlands on PC, and doesnt seem to load on Vista.

I'm not sure about the 2 disc thing. It never reminds me to put disc 2 in and it installed quite quickly.

Did you do the Full install? Have you tried Compatibility mode (rarely works, but always worth a try)?

I've ran the game on both XP and Vista. XP was fine, Vista occasionally has some graphical corruption in the top left corner but only about one in ten times - reloading always gets rid of it. Otherwise no problems, playing the game is fine.

PeteNeon

I'll try the full install, thanks. So on full install, I'm guessing it then asks for disc 2? I havent installed this in AGES. :D Great game though - I think I originally got as far as the water-TOD-like level.

LostArk

Is anyone familiar with my glitch? This really sucks :( Just when I was enjoying the game, this dumb glitch comes up...

The Tingler

LostArk said:
I'm playing this great game on my computer and it looks like I've come across a glitch.

Before the Babylon chapter ends, I have to move a block to activate the elevator but it just doesn't move :confused:

I have a nasty feeling I've encountered this glitch before. There are two memorable glitches in Infernal Machine (memorable because they're extremely irritating). They are solved the same way.

One is on the Nub's Tomb level, where you have to raise a giant statue underwater to form a walkway - but if you swim down and 'use' the statue, it will disable the switch that actually raises it. This happens all the time, so LucasArts have it in their Troubleshooting section.

The other glitch has happened to me before, but only happens rarely (thankfully). Basically the block has got "stuck" on the lift.

Both glitches are solved in the same, unfortunate, way - you have to play the level again from the start. :( It's not so bad with Babylon, but Nub's Tomb is incredibly long and difficult!

Alternatively if you really, really cannot be bothered I'll email you a savegame for the next level. You're at the end of the Babylon level, you'll just miss a short cutscene where Indy tells Turner where he's going next. PM me with your email and I'll send you it.

So on full install, I'm guessing it then asks for disc 2? I havent installed this in AGES.
I will ask for Disc 2 in the Install, yes. After that you'll only need Disc 1 to play the game. I've only ever Full installed the game on both XP and Vista and it installed and ran fine.

LawgSkrak

Does anybody know where I can find this game on N64 for a reasonable price, besides ebay?

Online video game stores and the like?

LawgSkrak

One more qick question:

I found a good walkthrough for this game (Sinjin's, I believe it's mentioned early on in this thread), but it's for the PC version. Can it be used for the N64 version as well, or are there any big differences between the two?

DocLathropBrown

LawgSkrak said:
One more qick question:

I found a good walkthrough for this game (Sinjin's, I believe it's mentioned early on in this thread), but it's for the PC version. Can it be used for the N64 version as well, or are there any big differences between the two?

Nothing that needs mentioning. The 64's only differences are better lighting, better controls and a menu system for selecting levels. The game itself isn't changed.