Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

tocksic

A little bit more than one hour ago the tabloid news magazin "taff" was broadcasted on the german tv network "Pro Sieben". I haven't seen it, but one member of the German Indy Fan Forum has. And he wrote, that they were showing a neverseen-before SoK-Video. I immediately was skeptic about that info. But he is adamant that it IS a new video. He said it shows snippets that are kind of a hommage to the original trilogy. A ToD-like dungeon filled with water. A close-up of Indy like in the boulder scene of Raiders. And at the end Indy is running through a jungle. He said the video had a lucasarts.com watermark.

But this video neither can be found at lucasarts.com nor anywhere else on the web. :/ And I have no idea why this underclass german tv-show would get their hands on such a video before anyone else. I can't tell how legit this whole thing is, but the guy sounds pretty serious. Tomorrow the epsiode of the show can be seen at the Pro Sieben website. I'm still highly sceptical, but I'm also really curious right now.

Edit:

There is a second guy (a long-time regular user) who claims that he has seen the vid on tv! He says that the graphics looked luscious and that Indys face was revised so that it looks more like the real Ford.

And on the Pro Sieben website the text can be found that the voice-over guy seemingly speaks in the (rather short) video:

Mit Spannung wird das neue Indiana Jones PC- und Konsolenspiel erwartet. Dies ist der exklusive Trailer des Spiels, den es bisher noch nirgendwo zu sehen gibt. Die Grafik ist einfach beeindruckend. Wann genau das Spiel allerdings auf den Markt kommt ist noch unklar. Irgendwann im Frühjahr können wir dann endlich mal selber die Abenteuer des wohl berühmtesten Archäologen der Welt erleben und nachspielen! Die Vorfreude steigt ins Unermessliche.

Rough translation:

The new Indiana Jones PC and console game is highly anticipated. This is the exclusive trailer of the game, that has not been shown before - ever. The graphics are simply stunning. It is still nondistinctive when the game will be released. Somewhen in spring-time we eventually can experience and play the adventures of world's most famous archaeologist. The anticipation is rising high.

Last edited:

Irfaan

tocksic said:
A little bit more than one hour ago the tabloid news magazin "taff" was broadcasted on the german tv network "Pro Sieben". I haven't seen it, but one member of the German Indy Fan Forum has. And he wrote, that they were showing a neverseen-before SoK-Video. I immediately was skeptic about that info. But he is adamant that it IS a new video. He said it shows snippets that are kind of a hommage to the original trilogy. A ToD-like dungeon filled with water. A close-up of Indy like in the boulder scene of Raiders. And at the end Indy is running through a jungle. He said the video had a lucasarts.com watermark.

But this video neither can be found at lucasarts.com nor anywhere else on the web. :/ And I have no idea why this underclass german tv-show would get their hands on such a video before anyone else. I can't tell how legit this whole thing is, but the guy sounds pretty serious. Tomorrow the epsiode of the show can be seen at the Pro Sieben website. I'm still highly sceptical, but I'm also really curious right now.

Edit:

There is a second guy (a long-time regular user) who claims that he has seen the vid on tv! He says that the graphics looked luscious and that Indys face was revised so that it looks more like the real Ford.

And on the Pro Sieben website the text can be found that the voice-over guy seemingly speaks in the (rather short) video:

Rough translation:

Oh my words! News! I could kiss you! In fact, I could french-kiss you!

Luscious graphics? I'm guessing this will be for the Xbox 360 and PS3 (and he even says PC?) YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

I can't wait for the footage to come out! This must mean that bugger who worked on the Wii version was lying, unless of course, they meant it was gorgeous as a last gen game :(

Well, I must say, I am over the moon about this news! It's about time lucasarts is about to reveal, especially when speculation over it goes crazy. Ooh!!! I really can't wait!

tocksic

Irfaan said:
Luscious graphics? I'm guessing this will be for the Xbox 360 and PS3 (and he even says PC?) YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

I take that PC thing with a grain of salt. This show "taff" really is a underclass tabloid news mag. I believe they just talk about console AND pc because they don't know it better. But that's just a guess.

Can't waint for the footage myself! I'm as giddy as a school boy! :D

Irfaan

tocksic said:
I take that PC thing with a grain of salt. This show "taff" really is a underclass tabloid news mag. I believe they just talk about console AND pc because they don't know it better. But that's just a guess.

Can't wait for the footage myself! I'm as giddy as a school boy! :D

Same here! I really can't wait to see what it's like. I wonder if there is a bit more role playing, like walking around the campus talking to people and choosing what to say in conversations and stuff? Well, whatever it is, I for one want to see it! :D

And tbh my PC was bought a year after emperors tomb came out, so it served it's purpose then. I plan to buy Staff of Kings on Xbox 360 (and possibly PSP as well, just for the sake of it :D )

tocksic

Irfaan said:
Same here! I really can't wait to see what it's like. I wonder if there is a bit more role playing, like walking around the campus talking to people and choosing what to say in conversations and stuff? Well, whatever it is, I for one want to see it! :D

And tbh my PC was bought a year after emperors tomb came out, so it served it's purpose then. I plan to buy Staff of Kings on Xbox 360 (and possibly PSP as well, just for the sake of it :D )

It sounds like the trailer is just a short clip with some quick scenes, thus not that revealing about actual gameplay footage.

Irfaan

tocksic said:
It sounds like the trailer is just a short clip with some quick scenes, thus not that revealing about actual gameplay footage.

Ah, that's fine to visually see, but it's the juicy new press info from lucasarts that follows is what i'm particulary interested in :p yummy!

Still can't wait! By the way, what do you plan to play this game on?

Irfaan

2 Translations, just for fun ;):

Google.com: With tension is the new Indiana Jones PC and console games are expected. This is the exclusive trailer of the game, which is still nowhere to be seen there. The graphics are simply impressive. When exactly the game, however, comes on the market is still unclear. Sometime in the spring, we can then get yourself the adventure of the most famous archaeologists of the world experience and play! The anticipation is growing into immeasurably.

Windowslivetranslator.com: With voltage is the new Indiana Jones PC and console game expected. This is the exclusive trailer of game, the it yet nowhere. The graphic is simply impressive. When exactly the game, however, on the market is still unclear. Sometime in spring we can then finally yourself the adventures of most famous Archaeologists of the world experience and your guitar! The excitement goes into immeasurables.

Still cannot wait!

Finn

Staff member
I'm kind of torn between hoping this was true, or seeing the reaction of a certain overenthusiastic fan if this one turns out to be bogus...

Live and learn, kids. Live and learn.

tocksic

The clip still ain't online. But another regular user of our forum has seen the Clip 2 hours ago when the show was repeated. In German he wrote:

So - habe heute in der früh extra Taff geschaut, und tatsächlich, es ist ein exklusiver Ausschnitt aus dem Spieletrailer zu Indy PC (lt. Taff *gg*) + PS3. Zum Trailer : Ingameszenen aus dem Spiel wurden keine gezeigt sondern nur kurze Animationen aus dem Spiel. Das Gesicht von Harrison haben sie wirklich gut getroffen - obwohl ich sagen muss das die Animationen für Spiele heutzutage noch viel besser aussehen können. Ehrlich gesagt können wir uns auch nicht sicher sein das dieses gezeigte Matarial nicht schon 1 Jahr alt ist !? Und es wurde nur das Ende des Trailers gezeigt - der Anfang fehlte komplett ( kommt hoffentlich bald auf Lucas Arts Homepage nach )

Zum animierten Gesicht von Harrison möchte ich noch anmerken ( weil ich oben wo gelesen habe junger Harrison ) das ich das Alter irgendwo zwischen TOD und LC einschätzen würde.

I don't have the time to fully translate that, but the main things he is saying are:

- no real ingame scenes, just short animations
- Harrisons face is dead-on
- the animations are good, but for todays standard not top-notch
- he says that there is no indicator of how new or old this material could be
- only the ending part of the trailer was shown (he is hoping for the rest to be then seen at lucasarts.com)
- the age of Harrisons virtual face is aprox. between ToD and LC

tocksic

I still haven't seen it, but all the guys in the German Indy Forum are saying, that they cut the Indy clip out of the epsiode in the web. It was supposed to be exactly at the end. But the video finishes right after the segmet that was before the Indy clip. :/

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

It seems Pro7 aired a clip they were not supossed to show. And they DID show it on TV. There are multiple "eye-witnesses" and there is the Text on the Pro7 website.

They are the German licensee to the Indiana Jones and Star Wars franchise. Maybe due to this connection they got their hands on the clip that was not meant to be shown right now. Im so frickin' angry. Sorry for growing the anticipation - but I still believe this is no bogus and is only a matter of days, that this clip shows up somewhere else.

edit: now also the voice-over text was deleted from the Pro7 website. Something is VERY rotten... I got the feeling some LucasArts lawyers are very pissed at the moment.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
tocksic said:
I still haven't seen it, but all the guys in the German Indy Forum are saying, that they cut the Indy clip out of the epsiode in the web. It was supposed to be exactly at the end. But the video finishes right after the segmet that was before the Indy clip. :/
Riiiiiiiight.

tocksic

Finn said:
Riiiiiiiight.

Oh yeah Finn! I totally made this whole thing up! One big bogus! BANG! You got me! Oh boy just because you are the mod, don't always be so arrogant! The Clip will show up! And then I go Nelson on you! :D

Finn

Staff member
I never claimed that YOU are pulling our legs, my friend. You're a honorable and self-respecting ravener and wouldn't do such a thing.

Those guys on the German forum however... I bet they've found this thread, decided to have some fun and are now laughing their arsches off when people go ape in these parts.