TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #51
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,884
The Indy Cast just posted Episode 83, Laird Malamed talks about some of the unproduced young indy episodes and his time at Lucasfilm.
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #52
indyclone25
IndyFan
 
indyclone25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: midlothian Illinois just south of chicago
Posts: 3,366
it was very good interview too --- just got done watching the mystery of the blues today ,
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #53
AnnieJones
IndyFan
 
AnnieJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: My home is where my heart and adventure is.
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Jones
Well, taking my cue from George Lucas, I took two episodes (Princeton, Early May 1905 and Princeton, Late May 1905) removed the bookends, added some awkward bridging material, and edited them together into one long story.
Good idea doing stories with what you have to work with!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Jones
Have you read any of them, Annie? What do you think?
I read the first page of each story and from what I read I really like what you have done. I like(what I read so far)the four stories that I read.

What I like about The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Princeton,Early May 1905 was how you worked his sister,Susie,into the story. http://home.earthlink.net/~pandersonfam/chronicles/

What I like about both The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Princeton,Early May 1905 and The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Princeton,Late May 1905 was how you put Indiana the dog into the stories and how you managed to put "little Paul" into the stories as well. http://home.earthlink.net/~pandersonfam/chronicles/
http://home.earthlink.net/~panderson...es/Page364.htm

What I like about the one with Houdini,The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Melbourne,1910,is that you used Daredevils of the Desert Palestine,October 1917 as your source of information.I always wondered what that story was going to be like. http://home.earthlink.net/~panderson...es/Page461.htm

The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Palestine,October 1917(1993) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0752181/
Jack: If you’d ever been to Australia, you’d know what I was talking about.
Indiana Jones: Well actually I have been to Australia...
Jack: You’ve been to Australia? (laughs) Good on you, sport.
Dix: God’s own country, right?
Indy: That’s right. It was great. Actually I flew an airplane with Harry Houdini.
Dix: S’truth?
Jack: He’s pulling your leg.
Dix: Are you?
Indy: No, it’s true. It’s great though. I love Australia.

I also like the drawing for this story. http://home.earthlink.net/~panderson...es/Page446.htm

I found a website about Houdini in Australia(in real history).Here it is,if someone else hasn't already put it up on this thread: http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/houdini_bio.html

What I thought was funny about The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Le Havre,June 1916 was when Indy couldn't remember his own "age" when Sergeant Bedeaux asked Indy how old he was and he had to try and remember it right there on the spot.Very creative.

“How old are you, Defense?”

“Twe… um… Twenty-two,” he stammered, trying to remember the birth date he had put on his enlistment form.

Last edited by AnnieJones : 10-19-2009 at 12:30 AM.
AnnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #54
Stoo
IndyFan
 
Stoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland (Canadian from Montreal)
Posts: 7,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
#?? "Berlin, Late August 1916."
This was to be a third part in the Somme - Germany cycle following Indy's capture in Somme, through his escape from prison and to his then his escape from Germany itself. Indy has to decide between returning to the US (since we are not at war with them yet) or returning to the Belgium Army - which he does. The main character from history is Sigrid Schultz. (Laird Malamed/Micah Johnson notes)
Laird Malamed's interview on the Indy Cast has shed some new light on this unmade episode! Mr. Malamed refers to it as the one where Indy goes to the U.S. embassy...That is NEW information!

As far as he recalls, nothing was ever shot for these unmade chapters but an old Raven member, Aaron H, once wrote that a few of them were scripted and some scenes were actually filmed. I would love to know the truth behind this...

@Annie, you should have put your reply in Junior Jones' "Lost Tales" thread.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:57 PM   #55
AnnieJones
IndyFan
 
AnnieJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: My home is where my heart and adventure is.
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Annie, you should have put your reply in Junior Jones' "Lost Tales" thread.
Oops! I'm an idiot.
Ok,It's there now.Thanks Stoo!
AnnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #56
Crack that whip
IndyFan
 
Crack that whip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, Florida, US
Posts: 1,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Hmm...With all due respect, Crack, I disagree.

Mutt: ...Hodgekiss? Hedgekiss? The one he found.
Indy: The Ox and I were obsessed with the Mitchell-Hedges skull in college...

If "Honduras" happened, then Indy could have said something like, "Mitchell-Hedges didn't find it, kid. I did...along with a *friend* of mine..."

Then there's this line.
Indy: There are a number of crystal skulls in the world and I saw one in the British Museum...

He saw "one". (I saw that crystal skull last year and, although it has the same dimensions as the M-H skull, it's all one piece and doesn't have a separate jaw bone like the Hedges one.) The fact that he admits to only seeing "one", negates the events in Honduras (but the Indy-geek in me can find ways to circumvent this contradiction).

It would indeed require some... "finessing," but I think there's still more than enough room to do it that I'm still comfortable with saying the movie account doesn't definitively negate the planned episode (though we can agree the novel clearly does). There could be any number of reasons why Indy wouldn't want to tell this kid he just met the "real" story behind the Mitchell-Hedges skull, and at least a couple suggest themselves. The book's inclusion of Indy's own thoughts about wanting to see it does pretty solidly contradict the episode, though, alas.
Crack that whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #57
AnnieJones
IndyFan
 
AnnieJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: My home is where my heart and adventure is.
Posts: 820
I don't know if this was mentioned yet,but old Indy (briefly) mentioned knowing Houdini in The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles - Part 4.
AnnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:12 AM   #58
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieJones
I don't know if this was mentioned yet,but old Indy (briefly) mentioned knowing Houdini in The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles - Part 4.

That's a good point. Two references to a hypothetical adventure that was never filmed makes it seem like a little bit more than a throwaway references.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #59
Stoo
IndyFan
 
Stoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland (Canadian from Montreal)
Posts: 7,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack that whip
It would indeed require some... "finessing," but I think there's still more than enough room to do it that I'm still comfortable with saying the movie account doesn't definitively negate the planned episode (though we can agree the novel clearly does). There could be any number of reasons why Indy wouldn't want to tell this kid he just met the "real" story behind the Mitchell-Hedges skull, and at least a couple suggest themselves. The book's inclusion of Indy's own thoughts about wanting to see it does pretty solidly contradict the episode, though, alas.
Until something better comes along, I'll twist things any which-way to make a correlation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Jones
I don't know if this was mentioned yet,but old Indy (briefly) mentioned knowing Houdini in The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles - Part 4.
I love when he says this and have brought it up before in some other threads. "I knew Houdini!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
That's a good point. Two references to a hypothetical adventure that was never filmed makes it seem like a little bit more than a throwaway references.
In addition to "Daredevils" & the "Melbourne" synopsis provided by Laird Malamed, the bookend reference also sheds a bit more light on the possible content of this unfilmed episode (Indy learning about some escape techinques).
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #60
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Until something better comes along, I'll twist things any which-way to make a correlation!

I love fictional chronologies, be they for Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Aliens/Predator, Firefly... There's something about putting things into perfect sequential order that I find immensely satisfying.

With Tolkein's Lord of the Rings there is no problem since the sole author had control over his world (and I recall finding the chronology at the end of LOTR very upsetting as Tolkien tells us of the deaths of much-loved characters).

When we are confronted by multiple authors and multiple media, and conflicts inevitably arise and throw the proverbial spanner in the works, it becomes a major frustration.

My solution is to approach the problem as I would approach such a matter in real life: witnesses to history are not always perfect. The facts can be distorted by poor memory, misinterpretation, intentional misrepresentation. Diaries, for example, are not to be taken as first hand evidence without substantiation. Disbelieve every statement until it can be verified by other means.

With that in mind, I assign irregularities to errors made by the characters. This is the method by which (to quote you, Stoo) "I'll twist things any which-way to make a correlation".

A glib remark by Indy, or even a whole episode of Young Indy, might be a tall tale.

Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #61
lairdo
IndyFan
 
lairdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA
Posts: 143
Following up on my comments about Berlin 1916

Hi all,

I finally found my Young Indy file back from my time at LucasFilm. Apologies if this is already online, but I didn't see it in the thread. This is the description from the season 2 notes of YI. The document is dated 8/3/1992.

Episode 25
Title, Berlin, Late Aug 1916
Indy's age 17
Subject: Commitment and Social Involvement
Character: Sigrid Schultz
Theme: Can one stand on the sidelines of history?
Indy has escaped from the prison at Ingolstadt and is on the run from the Germans. Because he is hungry, he quietly enters what he thinks is a German road-mending gang. The men are loaded on a truck, and Indy discovers they are British prisoners of war who are being taken to a POW camp in Berlin. Indy is discovered during a roll call and convinces the officers he is a double agent. He is driven into Berlin and from there tries to escape, but he comes across a nefarious character who says he will help him with papers and is attacked, beaten up, and left unconscious. He makes his way to a soup kitchen, where he meets two American girls, one of whom is a journalist. The girls tend to his wounds and suggest that he contact the American Embassy, which could get him to Rotterdam. Indy first plans to return home but has feelings about abandoning his fellow soldiers at the front and ultimately decides to make the commitment to stay.


That's the only story summary I have of an unfilmed episode that isn't already listed on this thread.

Laird
lairdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #62
lairdo
IndyFan
 
lairdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA
Posts: 143
New York 1905? Utah 1910?

Besides finding the Berlin description posted in the last entry, I saw this tidbit in my episode list: New York, July 1905. This is from a list dated December 19, 1991 "Master Chronology". It notes that the story had yet to be written. (By this, I think it means the actual story content - the script was a step after that.)

None of my later lists include this episode, so I guess it was dropped early on.

But it gets better. Here are the others that were on this list but which I have never seen anything further about. Perhaps others are aware of these though?

Feb 1910 - Tibet
Mar 1910 - Peking
May 1910 - China Sea
July 1910 - South Pacific
Aug 1910 - Utah
Sep 1910 - Princeton
(Tokyo and Australia (as June 1910 not March) are on the list too but those are more well known)
There are no locations given for Oct - Dec 1910 presumably because the 3 year tour ended in Sep 1910

For Teen Indy, the following dates have no locations noted
Jan 1916
Apr 1917
Jun 1917
Sep 1917
Oct 1917 (Beersheba is listed as Nov)
Dec 1917
Feb - May 1918
Jul - Aug 1918
Oct 1918 - Apr 1919
June 1918
Oct 1919 - Dec 1919
Feb 1920 - April 1920
Aug 1920 - Dec 1920
1921 isn't listed
Numerous of those dates got filled in - like Hollywood in Aug 1920

Ok, and now the last of the good stuff - the new locations (as far as a I know):

Feb 1917 - Paris (although I think some of these events are part of Austria now)
Sep 1919 - Chicago - presumably Indy meeting Eliot and his first bit of school
(Cuba is listed as July 1919 not Dec 1919)
Jan 1920 - Peru

All of these were in the stories not written yet category.


Much to speculate upon!

Laird

PS One more tidbit - Frank Darabont was going to write Bombay 1919
lairdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:40 AM   #63
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,042
Laird, this is fantastic stuff. I'm not one of the Young Indy experts around here, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they make of it.

The inclusion of Utah 1910 is interesting...wonder how long they had that little house.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #64
AnnieJones
IndyFan
 
AnnieJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: My home is where my heart and adventure is.
Posts: 820
I'm so happy,lairdo,that you are here to shed some light with whatever the heck happened to those episodes.Thank you for your insight.
AnnieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #65
lairdo
IndyFan
 
lairdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA
Posts: 143
I really wish I knew more. But we can make up some stuff too and have fun with the missing episodes. They must have been cut early on because none of my later lists had them. But Indy had to be somewhere, right?
lairdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #66
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,521
Thanks for sharing all that info, larirdo.

Intriguing dates are New York July 1905 (that's very early, and would suggest an actor younger than Corey Carrier) and Peru January 1920 (Peru being a significant location in Indy history).
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #67
lairdo
IndyFan
 
lairdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA
Posts: 143
My pleasure in sharing.

Regarding New York 1905, I assume the original plan was to film this with Princeton 1905 and the same actor. The bit I remember about Princeton (and I think is posted here or on the Wiki somewhere) is that Indy ends up on top of his house or some kind of crazy adventure. I think the homage was going to be to the Little Rascals, and I assume that NY would carry that over into the big city. But those are guesses.

Peru in 1920 would have been great. I hope they consider a live action or animated show with Indy in his 20's between college and Doom. There is a lot of great things that he could experience.
lairdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #68
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,042
One thing to do, I suppose, and we know that they did this when they were planning the series, is figure out what was going on in each of those places at those given times. Figuring out who was there could be a bit harder, of course.

And that still doesn't change the fact that we don't have places for the 1916-1920 ones.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #69
Junior Jones
IndyFan
 
Junior Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by lairdo
The bit I remember about Princeton (and I think is posted here or on the Wiki somewhere) is that Indy ends up on top of his house or some kind of crazy adventure. I think the homage was going to be to the Little Rascals...

Cool! That is exactly the vibe I got from this description:
Quote:
#37 "Princeton, May 1905"
Indy is five years old, and he and his friends have a funny, charming adventure that begins with Indy organizing an event to raise money for a vase he has broken, culminating in a search for buried pirate's treasure and the capture of some hoboes who are wanted by the police.

So I used it in my version here and based Indy's friends on Our Gang/Little Rascals characters.

As to the rest of Laird's list, it looks like they planned for the potential of one episode per month. The unwritten episodes without even a location are likely just placeholders so that it's clear which months are already used and which are still open.

It's odd that Australia is listed as June 1910. If, as Indy claimed in Daredevils of the Desert, he flew in Australia with Harry Houdini, it has to be March for historical accuracy. Either Melbourne in early March or Sydney later in the month. Houdini was back to the US by June. (I did a lot of research on this when I wrote Melbourne 1910).
Junior Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #70
lairdo
IndyFan
 
lairdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA
Posts: 143
I think back when the list I was quoting was written, they may not have even known the Houdini part yet. I think also they were challenged with having a reasonable flow of Indy and his parents around the globe.

Haven't read your fan fiction yet, but I look forward to digging into it.
lairdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #71
Stoo
IndyFan
 
Stoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland (Canadian from Montreal)
Posts: 7,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by lairdo
I finally found my Young Indy file back from my time at LucasFilm. Apologies if this is already online, but I didn't see it in the thread. This is the description from the season 2 notes of YI. The document is dated 8/3/1992.

That's the only story summary I have of an unfilmed episode that isn't already listed on this thread.
Laird. Laird. Laird. THANK YOU a 1000 times over for these EXCLUSIVES! There is too much to comment on so I’ll approach your revelations bit by bit (otherwise my post would be longer than a Tolstoy novel!)

In case you missed it, we talked about the Berlin episode on page 3 (& I posted some photos of Sigrid Schultz) but the information you've just given contains MUCH MORE detail than what was previously known. The old info from c.1996 (which, I believe, came from you – but condensed by someone else) contains only a few lines of description . Do you have any other plot outlines that are more elaborate than what is already out there? (If so, please post them one at a time because my head is about to explode, Belloq-style!)

As for the extra dates, etc…Truly, excellent material. THANKS AGAIN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lairdo
Regarding New York 1905, I assume the original plan was to film this with Princeton 1905 and the same actor. The bit I remember about Princeton (and I think is posted here or on the Wiki somewhere) is that Indy ends up on top of his house or some kind of crazy adventure. I think the homage was going to be to the Little Rascals, and I assume that NY would carry that over into the big city. But those are guesses.

Peru in 1920 would have been great. I hope they consider a live action or animated show with Indy in his 20's between college and Doom. There is a lot of great things that he could experience.
Have you read the novels, Laird? They cover that missing time period and I recall Lucas saying something about the portrayal of those years was not on his agenda (at the time). Wish I could remember where I read that…

Re: Princeton 1905
In Pablo Hidalgo’s article, he writes: “Note: Had this episode entered production, it would have required casting a new, younger Indy. Though this story was not produced, the idea of Indy being friends with Paul Robeson resurfaced in the bridging material of the broadcast version of Travels with Father, and a new episode created as a conclusion to the Winds of Change.”

I’ve always felt that the opening scenes of “Curse of the Jackal/My First Adventure”, w/Corey Carrier & his gang, were a glimpse into the 1905 adventures. Plus, in the new footage of “My First Adventure” we see Toddler Indy on his roof. Maybe this is a remnant of the idea? Don’t recall ever reading about a rooftop in connection with Princeton 1905 but perhaps I've missed something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Laird, this is fantastic stuff. I'm not one of the Young Indy experts around here, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they make of it.

The inclusion of Utah 1910 is interesting...wonder how long they had that little house.
Yeah, perhaps this would have shed some light as to why Henry Sr. & Son eventually moved to Moab. It would have been fun to possibly see tubby, Herman in 1910.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
One thing to do, I suppose, and we know that they did this when they were planning the series, is figure out what was going on in each of those places at those given times. Figuring out who was there could be a bit harder, of course.
To quote Harrison: ”Here’s where the fun begins…”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Jones
The unwritten episodes without even a location are likely just placeholders so that it's clear which months are already used and which are still open.
That’s a possibility since most of those dates fill in the gaps of the ORIGINAL “Chronicles” timeline. More on that later…
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #72
lairdo
IndyFan
 
lairdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pacific Palisades, CA
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Laird. Laird. Laird. THANK YOU a 1000 times over for these EXCLUSIVES!

My pleasure. Glad I found the stuff and could share it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
In case you missed it, we talked about the Berlin episode on page 3 (& I posted some photos of Sigrid Schultz) but the information you've just given contains MUCH MORE detail than what was previously known. The old info from c.1996 (which, I believe, came from you – but condensed by someone else) contains only a few lines of description.

I think that came from a time that Micah and I were emailing back and forth. I can't recall if I sent him the whole blurb or just what I remembered at the time. Anyway, we all have out there what I have. (And I did miss the page 3 stuff because speaking of Tolstoy novels, I think this thread is about the same length! It's amazing how much people have contributed.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Do you have any other plot outlines that are more elaborate than what is already out there? (If so, please post them one at a time because my head is about to explode, Belloq-style!)

Not that I know of. One of my goals for this year is to actually catalog and post my Indy collection. It's nothing like Ravenwood - probably smaller than most everyone's collection as I didn't collect figures other than one or two. But almost all of it has special meaning to me. Targeted would be how I describe it. I even have a whip on order from Midwest Whips which I cannot wait to get. But I digress onto the collecting page. Anyway, I consider my notes from my time on YIJC to be part of my collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Have you read the novels, Laird? They cover that missing time period and I recall Lucas saying something about the portrayal of those years was not on his agenda (at the time). Wish I could remember where I read that…

Yes! I love most of the novels - particularly the first 6. I also had email back and forth with Max McCoy when he was writing his ones. I'll probably cover my full thoughts on the novels at some point on the Indycast. I reviewed the last one a few months ago and found it wanting in many ways. I think because I love the novels is the reason I would love to see that time fleshed out. But WWII is probably a better period for us to see in any regard.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
I’ve always felt that the opening scenes of “Curse of the Jackal/My First Adventure”, w/Corey Carrier & his gang, were a glimpse into the 1905 adventures. Plus, in the new footage of “My First Adventure” we see Toddler Indy on his roof. Maybe this is a remnant of the idea? Don’t recall ever reading about a rooftop in connection with Princeton 1905 but perhaps I've missed something?

I'm almost sure it's something I heard verbally at the time. I'm sure you are right about the My First Adventure bit being a remnant. But it is a long time ago and we should all question my memories that aren't supported by other sources.

I look forward to hearing more and learning more as I stay more connected here in the forums.
lairdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:26 PM   #73
Wilhelm
IndyFan
 
Wilhelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 250
It's interesting that the unproduced Berlin episode is a precedent of Mac's commentary about "being double agents in Berlin". Maybe Lucas remembered that for Indy 4 like the Honduras 1920 episode with Belloq and the Crystal Skull.
Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #74
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm
It's interesting that the unproduced Berlin episode is a precedent of Mac's commentary about "being double agents in Berlin". Maybe Lucas remembered that for Indy 4 like the Honduras 1920 episode with Belloq and the Crystal Skull.

I thought Mac was referring to post WW2 Berlin - that they were spying in East Germany.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:56 PM   #75
Wilhelm
IndyFan
 
Wilhelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 250
Yes, but I mean that Lucas reused that concept of Indy as double agent in Berlin like he reused the concept of the Crystal Skull.

This is the part of Berlin episode:
"The men are loaded on a truck, and Indy discovers they are British prisoners of war who are being taken to a POW camp in Berlin. Indy is discovered during a roll call and convinces the officers he is a double agent. He is driven into Berlin and from there tries to escape."

So he used that idea for Mac's commentary about being double agents. Mac is british like the prisoners of war.

But I think that Mac is refering to Berlin during WW2, not after. I don't know but I thought that their spying activities were made during WW2, but Indy says "After all those years we spent spying on the Reds". Did Indy continue to work as spy AFTER WW2? I think his association with Mac was only during the war years (And the excavation in Mexico, of course).
Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.