Hot Toys Indiana Jones Figure

Ausfan

Great review as always mate.

Glad you are happy.

Yes as with the guyliner I really can not see it I try to but I start to go cross eyed looking at.

Some of the modes look a little better on the SSC forums.

But there is no way I am could do that.

A. I can't see it.

B. I could see myself doing an epic fail and regretting it.

Like most of everyone with this figure I'm very happy and it's now my all time favourite.

It really starts to grow on you each day!

Ausfan

Glad you are happy.

Yes as with the guyliner I really can not see it. I try too but I start to go cross eyed looking at it.

But there is no way I could do that.

A. I can't see it.

Like most of everyone with this figure I'm very happy and it's now my all time favourite.

Billy Ray

Not sure what all has been done to this figure, other than obviously adding the "sweat", but these pics popped up on the HKToyWorld forums:

DSCN9272.jpg

DSCN9270.jpg

DSCN9273.jpg

Pretty amazing looking!

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
Not sure what all has been done to this figure, other than obviously adding the "sweat", but these pics popped up on the HKToyWorld forums:

Pretty amazing looking!

It looks really lifelike, but I couldn't bring myself to do anything permanent to mine. When I spend that much money on something, I prefer to keep it looking as it was intended!

Looking at photos of Kato's jacket today (which turns out to be the KOTCS one) I was actually toying with the idea of getting one. Though I'm not sure whether it really fits this figure. So I futzed mine some more, and I think the HT was designed more for a narrow shouldered body, as there's no way this one could be zipped right to the top.

Stoo

Billy Ray said:

Pretty amazing looking!
Holy Smokes! WOW. That looks incredible!(y) Even though figures aren't my bag, I've been following the thread and this Hot Toys thing is awfully tempting. Glad you guys are enjoying the product. (Too bad about the nostril, though.:p)

Billy Ray

Montana Smith said:
It looks really lifelike, but I couldn't bring myself to do anything permanent to mine. When I spend that much money on something, I prefer to keep it looking as it was intended!

Looking at photos of Kato's jacket today (which turns out to be the KOTCS one) I was actually toying with the idea of getting one. Though I'm not sure whether it really fits this figure. So I futzed mine some more, and I think the HT was designed more for a narrow shouldered body, as there's no way this one could be zipped right to the top.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way. I like to keep my figures pretty much stock. The only thing I have done to mine is fashion a metal belt keeper for his gunbelt, but that was only becuase the leather one broke off. I have customized some of the old Hasbro 12" figures, but those were only like $20 a piece...I really couldn't bring myself to do anything like this to a $250 figure, plus I am quite happy with him as is. Iguess if I had the "guyliner" problem, I might attempt to do something about that but, fortunately, I don't have it.

boots013

Wow.

Mine just arrived here at the office. I have to agree with everyone who claims this is 'the sculpt that cannot be photographed'. In-hand, it's gorgeous. No signs of guyliner or bloated chin here, either. I even think his nostrils look great. I am very pleased.

The clothes need a bit of futzing/ adjusting, but nothing major that I can't handle once I get it home. And my hat band seems very loose, might have to see what I can do about that.

Otherwise, I am blown away. Any Indy fan reading this who is on the fence about ordering him... I say don't hesitate. He's that amazing.

Pics to come in the next few days [hopefully].

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Holy Smokes! WOW. That looks incredible!(y) Even though figures aren't my bag, I've been following the thread and this Hot Toys thing is awfully tempting. Glad you guys are enjoying the product. (Too bad about the nostril, though.:p)

We'll make a toy convert out of you yet!

(Just as you're making a Serial convert out of me!) ;)

Ausfan said:

boots013 said:
I have to agree with everyone who claims this is 'the sculpt that cannot be photographed'. In-hand, it's gorgeous. No signs of guyliner or bloated chin here, either. I even think his nostrils look great. I am very pleased.

...I am blown away. Any Indy fan reading this who is on the fence about ordering him... I say don't hesitate. He's that amazing.

This figure really is a revelation. After all those months wondering whether I'd pre-ordered a dud, followed by the 'in-hand fat face scare', I'd given up hope that this would resemble Harrison. I can't believe how well it turned out in the end. I can't stop walking over to the display cabinet just to reassure myself that it's Harrison Ford still standing there, and not Vic Armstrong, or any one of the other hundred other celebrities this figure was purportedly going to resemble!

boots013 said:
The clothes need a bit of futzing/ adjusting, but nothing major that I can't handle once I get it home. And my hat band seems very loose, might have to see what I can do about that.

Mine needed very little futzing straight from the box. The shirt collar, which for some looked huge and unmanageable, was neat and already flattened down. The most difficult piece of clothing to make look right is the jacket. I've found it's better to pull the jacket away from the figure's neck, rather than pull it tighter around it. Raiders Indy didn't futz his own jacket - it looked scruffy, with the collars all over the place:

030.jpg

Billy Ray said:
Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way. I like to keep my figures pretty much stock. The only thing I have done to mine is fashion a metal belt keeper for his gunbelt, but that was only becuase the leather one broke off. I have customized some of the old Hasbro 12" figures, but those were only like $20 a piece...I really couldn't bring myself to do anything like this to a $250 figure, plus I am quite happy with him as is. Iguess if I had the "guyliner" problem, I might attempt to do something about that but, fortunately, I don't have it.

You mentioned on SSF that there was a split in the fold on the outside of the box. I also discovered this on mine (at both top and bottom) when I was closing it back up. I think it must have happened on opening, even though I was resting the lid on the outer mailer box for support. As I try to keep the boxes in mint condition the discovery came with a sinking feeling. :(

Dino Last

Ausfan said:

Glad you are happy.

Yes as with the guyliner I really can not see it. I try too but I start to go cross eyed looking at it.

But there is no way I could do that.

A. I can't see it.

Thanks Ausfan.

As for that custom, OMG it's like a movie still.

BDK1429

Hey all I haven't posted too many times here but I'd like to add my two cents if I could. First off I'd like to say thank you Raider.net, Raven Bar, and all you wonderful Indy fans here who understand that this is about love of a classic, iconic character and series of films. I love coming here and seeing what everyone has to say about any topic concerning Indiana Jones. I have both the SS and HT's figures and I have to say hands down the HT's figure is "the" Indy figure for me. I can't say enough good things about it. Yes there are things that I would have liked to have seen done differently like the holster but certainly nothing that's a deal breaker. And to all those detractors who love to bad mouth the likeness of Harrison Ford I say this. You hate it so much, YOU sculpt it.

Montana Smith

Ausfan said:
Yes I feel like there is a lot of SSC Forum users who owe poor Arnie Kim a big apology!!

There ought to be so much eating crow that every rook, raven, jackdaw and blackbird is going to be looking nervously over their shoulder!

Montana Smith

It was time to strike a pose!

100_0676.jpg

100_0675.jpg

Should really replace the Browning with the uncoiled whip, but all his spare hands are back in the box up in the attic.

Dino Last

Billy Ray said:
Finally got around to viewing this....great review Dino! nice shout out to the Raven too.

Thanks Billy Ray.
I finally bit the bullet, and ordered a second headsculpt for the Map room Indy.

Billy Ray

Finally broke out the map room gear and decided to give it a shot on my Sideshow Indy. The shemagh is really a pain in the butt to figure out, even with the instructions. After much trial and error, I think I finally got it where I want it:

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_000574.JPG

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
Finally broke out the map room gear and decided to give it a shot on my Sideshow Indy. The shemagh is really a pain in the butt to figure out, even with the instructions. After much trial and error, I think I finally got it where I want it:

That's looking good, Billy. Haven't done anything with the Map Room gear yet, it's still in the box.

ShortRound on Sideshow Freaks posted pictures of his Indy with the jacket zipped. I didn't think it was possible! (Though it doesn't look level at the bottom):

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3511.jpg

IMG_3508.jpg

I tried this on mine but stopped in case it wasn't meant to be possible, for fear of breaking something. Now I'll have another go.

JackBurton

Montana Smith said:
ShortRound on Sideshow Freaks posted pictures of his Indy with the jacket zipped. I didn't think it was possible! (Though it doesn't look level at the bottom):

I tried this on mine but stopped in case it wasn't meant to be possible, for fear of breaking something. Now I'll have another go.

After seein this pictures here, I tried it myself. It's a bit tricky but totally works. Due to the construction of the jaket zipper it is impossible to match both sides at the bottom, but it looks cool anyway and is another awesome detail this figure has to offer. (y)

Montana Smith

JackBurton said:
After seein this pictures here, I tried it myself. It's a bit tricky but totally works. Due to the construction of the jaket zipper it is impossible to match both sides at the bottom, but it looks cool anyway and is another awesome detail this figure has to offer. (y)

Good to hear. I'll definitely be giving Indy his Raven Bar look later!