TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

Old 08-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #226
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Really, RA? I thought that might have been a screen grab.
The_Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #227
ResidentAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raiders
Really, RA? I thought that might have been a screen grab.

As I said, the differences are minute.

I've heard tell that Indiana Jones actually wore a leather cowboy hat; there may be some truth to that as well.
ResidentAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #228
The_Raiders
IndyFan

As long as it's a brown hat, correct?
Old 09-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #229
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Now that you have your Diary, You will no doubt want the Cup itself. Hitler can have the grail but he can't take it with him, you can. Again we turn to ebay. Seeing a pattern here yet? Several grails are readily available each week with nicer quality ones showing up a bit less often.

My main sugestion would be Geneva Roth:

This grail is hand thrown ceramic and has actual gold leaf in the basin. Its got a nice look and doesn't suffer from a thick neck or wide basin. For the price of just over $100 its a terrific replica. It is most like the grail that lays on it's side twoard the end, when Elsa knocks it into the chasm. You can tell this because of the coloring and the lip.

Also this grail shows up often lately:

This one is again hand made for each customer only this one is actually made of wood. It too has an accurate shape, but no gold leaf. The outside coloring of the grail is also a little more accurate here. This is more like the grail you see in the Knight's shrine, before Indy actually picks it up.

Reelart's are again, very inaccurate. I've actually heard people say they just threw them in the trash.

Hopefully this short guide will answer some of your questions about what to buy. Please contribute reviews and photos of your own so we can have a definitive what's what of Indy gear.

I know this is a two-year-old post Deckard, but do you have any idea how to track down the second grail you listed here? I can't find it anywhere!
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #230
IndyJoey
IndyFan

Which adventurebilt is better? and jacket

So, you said that the normal adventurebilt can take a beating, and stay in good condition, does the deluxe do this just as well, and where can i find a cowhide indy jacket, ive been saving up for a wested, but i dont want it to tear because its a softer leather, and what about goatskin, how tough are those?
IndyJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #231
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJoey
So, you said that the normal adventurebilt can take a beating, and stay in good condition, does the deluxe do this just as well, and where can i find a cowhide indy jacket, ive been saving up for a wested, but i dont want it to tear because its a softer leather, and what about goatskin, how tough are those?

I'd check these guy's jacket out. I've bought pants from them before and did not regret it. http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/inde...oducts_id=1660
Old 05-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #232
Djd1
IndyFan

Don't know if you guys have seen the new Indy jacket from Bill Kelso?

Gorgeous

http://www.billkelsomfg.com/site/#!relichunter
Djd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #233
micsteam
IndyFan

The original Raiders jackets, the ones used for filming key scenes, were made from lambskin (expensive and maybe not as durable as you want). Wested makes (whom made the originals, I would check them first, cowhide is probably your best bet for price and durability and price) Lambskin and cowhide (skin ??). As far as Adventurebilt hats, I have a a Steve Delk Raiders replica and it's FANTASTIC !! I wear it as much as possible, it takes a beating, I get dust on it, bash it, everything GREAT HAT !!! My only knock against it is the felt is not as thin as some of the original Raiders hats from the movie and there's no way to replicate , say, the hat from the streets of Cairo without a very thin felt. The felt used in making the hats in Raiders has been discountinued and hasn't been available from Herbert Johnson since before TOD. I paid $360 plus shipping but that was shortly before KOTCS came out so I think he's getting more per hat order and I hear he's retiring. Hope this helps
micsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #234
DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE
IndyFan

Noble Collection Spalko/Mutt williams sword

has anyone got any idea if there is still a place to buy the replica of the Spalko/Mutt Williams rapier,and have any of the members here have pictures/review of it?
DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #235
parttime
IndyFan

Indy Whips & Whip Accessories

Crease N Corral has Indiana Jones whips from each movie.

http://www.creasencorral.com/index.p...Category_ID=39

Be sure and check out the whip accessories as well.

http://creasencorral.brickmanngroup....Category_ID=43

Keep crackin'
-Dusty
parttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #236
Goodeknight
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE
has anyone got any idea if there is still a place to buy the replica of the Spalko/Mutt Williams rapier,and have any of the members here have pictures/review of it?

eBay. Cheap sword at a not so cheap price. Wall hanger. Not a functional sword. Nice and shiny look-a-like, but that's it.
Goodeknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #237
InexorableTash
IndyFan

My shelf needs something new and shiny on it.

Any recommendations (for or against) Staff of Ra Headpiece makers?

(EDIT: Specifically, recent recommendations - there's quite a bit of turn-over in the community and 2-3 year old recs aren't that useful.)

Last edited by InexorableTash : 10-02-2013 at 09:53 PM.
InexorableTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #238
mini-inferno
IndyFan

Indy trousers

Hi Indyheads,
if anybody is interested, Asda are currently stocking a style of men's cotton trousers which look almost exactly like the ones Indy wears. They have the button flies and, most importantly, the scalloped style flaps on both back pockets. Asda are selling two colours: sand yellow and an odd wine colour. I bought a pair in sand yellow and plan to dye them into a taupe colour, but for 12 they're great value. I mught go and get another pair.
mini-inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #239
Mickiana
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-inferno
Hi Indyheads,
if anybody is interested, Asda are currently stocking a style of men's cotton trousers which look almost exactly like the ones Indy wears. They have the button flies and, most importantly, the scalloped style flaps on both back pockets. Asda are selling two colours: sand yellow and an odd wine colour. I bought a pair in sand yellow and plan to dye them into a taupe colour, but for 12 they're great value. I mught go and get another pair.

I had a look at the catalogue. They are nice looking trousers, especially for the price, but I don't think they are close enough to those worn by Indy. They are fairly slim fit, whereas Indy's are somewhat baggy and well pleated. I bought a couple of pairs from Wested and they are comfy and look great, but of course more expensive.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #240
DarthWilliams
IndyFan

Wow, this thread is super helpful - thanks!

I'm thinking of doing Indy for Halloween this year and was looking for some online resources to put the costume together. Looks like everything I need is right here.
DarthWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #241
Drones33
IndyFan

Which holster?

I've just bought the Denix replica Webley (1942). Any advice regarding which holster to go for? The Webley holsters from Todds, WPG, SOFmilitary etc look way too long, ( it has a four inch barrel ) I'm wondering if it'll fit the smaller, S&W holster....
Drones33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #242
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drones33
I've just bought the Denix replica Webley (1942). Any advice regarding which holster to go for? The Webley holsters from Todds, WPG, SOFmilitary etc look way too long, ( it has a four inch barrel ) I'm wondering if it'll fit the smaller, S&W holster....

The only Webley revolver I know Denix make is the Mk. IV which has a 5" barrel. The whole gun is only an inch shorter than the Mk. VI, and should be fine in a holster designed for a 'large frame' revolver.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #243
Drones33
IndyFan

Yeah that's the one, don't know why I had it in my head that it's from '42. You are right, it's 5 inches from the drum to the tip of the barrel.
Thanks for the tip
Drones33 is offline   Reply With Quote