TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #426
michael
IndyFan

Location: "What was it again? The penitent man will what? Oh No."
Finally completed Uncharted 3 a few days ago. I want to post my full thoughts later, though. Could be a bit lengthy.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #427
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Unfortunately for me, I don't plan on purchasing the PS Vita. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they do a port for the PS3 (like they've done lately with God of War and Metal Gear).

Which is unfortunate. There's an excellent write up over at IGN on Golden Abyss, and it sounds like Bend has not only captured the essence of the series but moved the gameplay forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
As an example, the first of many mysteries you receive in the game is called Secrets of the Kuna. To complete the mystery (thus learning the full story surrounding the mystery as well as a Bronze Trophy), you have to find five assorted items over various chapters, such as a statuette, a death mask and a ceremonial axe. But that's not all. Drake will also be charged with taking four photographs with his handy-dandy camera at certain points in certain chapters, adding four more pieces to the puzzle, as well as making a series of charcoal rubbings using the front touch pad to garner more clues.

Check out the full article here.

New trailer featuring the different control schemes available.

Last edited by Le Saboteur : 01-08-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:20 AM   #428
DaFedora
IndyFan

That's a great report ! Loved it

Actually, I grinned all the way through the Uncharted 3 soundtrack. Really a gem in my collection.

Even though I was never an avid fan of consoles, I'm likely getting a PS3 just to be able to play this game, and start picking up again with 'covert ops' type games like SOCOM4 and Rainbow Six.

Just saved up some bucks, might put it to good use this way

There was rumor of an Uncharted movie in the make. Actor Nathan Fillion (cast of Castle and voice actor for the last two Halo games) is lobbying to get the part of Drake.

But since SONY Pictures replaced screenwriter Kyle Ward and director David O. Russell breaking off negotiations for good with the game's dev team, haven't heard much on efforts to get all pre-production elements firmly into place... Any new leads?
DaFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #429
michael
IndyFan

Spoiler about ending:

Although I really don't mind it, but the final "boss" battle was INCREDIBLY & SUPRISINGLY EASY. Compared to Navarro and Lazarevic from the first two games, this was as easy as running under Bowser from SMB 1.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #430
Ska
IndyFan

I agree, michael.
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #431
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

We're getting closer and closer to the launch date for the Vita & Uncharted: Golden Abyss! While a serious trailer has yet to be released, here's some behind the scenes footage from everybody's favourite wisecracking duo!

Gannador!

Old 02-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #432
michael
IndyFan

Le Saboteur, you been on UC3 much? Want to get some plunder matches in maybe? If so PM me and I'll give you my psn tag. Haven't been on much lately, but I like to get a few games in here and there.

You read about the hit boxes in mutliplayer?

http://community.us.playstation.com/...58876?tstart=0

Quote:
EvangM wrote:

Hi everyone, it's been a while.

So, I'm just going to spell out a few things and leave it here for public consumption.

Uniform hitboxes was an intentional design decision (a change from UC2 but a lot else has changed, too!)
We're not going to change it for innumerable reasons that I can't even begin to describe
What's happening in splitscreen Custom Games with the differing damage on limbs is, in fact, a localized bug and only occurs to the split players if on opposing teams, which is an impossibility in Matchmaking since you're always on the same team.
We'd like to fix the splitscreen damage issue, but there are a lot of other issues on the agenda that we want to address first. TBA.

I apologize for the lack of recent communication from myself, but we've REALLY been hitting the grindstone on DLC and trying to get more MP/Coop issues patched up for upcoming releases. I'm going to try and make myself more available to you guys and gals and respond when/where I can.

Thanks,

Odie - EvangM
Old 02-04-2012, 04:51 AM   #433
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
Le Saboteur, you been on UC3 much?

Not lately. After a couple of months the lustre wore off, and I dropped out of the community as it were. This time around though, it wasn't the gameplay. No, this time it was the horrendous lag and being forced to play with fans from the Arab Lands and China-Japan. The fault is mine, however, since I play during off-hours because of work responsibilities.

That said, I did stop in for a while to check out the new map pack that was released on the 17th of January. Did I not mention it? Well, now! The Flashback Map Pack #1 takes four of the most popular maps from Among Thieves and updates them with new lighting, particle effects, and layouts and brings them to Drake's Deception!

Sanctuary, Ice Cave, the Lost City, and The Fort are back and better than ever! Dig the trailer below!

You can check out a post Naughty Dog made earlier in the year regarding future additions to the on-line component over here.

Quote:
If so PM me and I'll give you my psn tag.

I still have it. Never did find that message you sent either.

Also! Before I forget, if there's anybody here who uses Facebook and wants to show off their love/appreciation/whatever for Uncharted, Naughty Dog has made some Timeline cover images you can use. Check them out over here.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #434
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Que sabor! In a rather surprising move, Naughty Dog announced a new patch for Drake's Deception and a new bit of DLC further expanding the multi-player experience for veterans and newcomers alike!

Patch 1.04 addresses an issue in Hard and Co-op Adventure where treasure sets could not be completed. It also adds in the technical hooks needed to play...

...The Fort Co-op Adventure! Fleshing out the story of the included on-disc Co-op Adventure, The Fort puts you into the shoes of some of the series' most popular villains: Eddy Raja, Harry Flynn, and Zoran Lazarevic! Together they're exploring the deeper mysteries surrounding the Janus mask.

Gannador!

Also available today are a trio of new skin packs! Getting tired of being mugged by skeletons and girls in cat ears? Well, give one of the new skins a go! The Rogues Skin Pack 1 & 2 includes a couple of Agents, some of Salim's tribesmen, and Marlowe's henchmen kitted out in their desert garb. There's even a couple of East End knuckle draggers to choose from!

But that was only two packs?! Yes, it was. The third and final offering happens to be the incredibly popular Doughnut Skin Pack! Which plus sizes some of our favourite adventurers!

Naughty Dog also announced the forthcoming (but not unexpected), Flashback Map Pack #2! This time around the Dogs are resurrecting the Plaza, Temple (#!@%!), Train Wreck, and Village!

Peep the full set of snaps over here.

Okay! That's enough for one post.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:09 AM   #435
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

I either haven't been looking hard enough or virtually nothing has been posted (in English anyway) about Golden Abyss. Bend Studio's site is about two(!) years out of date, if not longer.

Yes, that is a PS2 game they're still advertising.

The home site is lacking in information as well. After playing follow the link, however, I was able to scrounge up some material we haven't seen before! Well, at least I haven't. Take a look!

Jason Dante is Evil!

This year's model.  Still not as hot as Chloe.

Has a great deal on a canal.

I'll keep scrounging! Hopefully something worthwhile will pop up here soon. Launch date is only a couple of weeks away now.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #436
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

I have always wondered about Nathan Drake... What exactly is he? I know he is a treasure hunter but he doesn't seem like the typical treasure hunter he is very smart and knowledgeable on many things. Local customs,religion's and various other things. Did he go to school? Does he have credential's?
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #437
Ska
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
I have always wondered about Nathan Drake... What exactly is he? I know he is a treasure hunter but he doesn't seem like the typical treasure hunter he is very smart and knowledgeable on many things. Local customs,religion's and various other things. Did he go to school? Does he have credential's?

And what's his real name?
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #438
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
And what's his real name?

Yeah, no. Let's hope that revelatory bit of nonsense is quickly forgotten about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Did he go to school? Does he have credential's?

Does Drake's resume hold any clues?

Speaking of 1Up, check out this progression video from the "Snake Temple" featured in Uncharted: Golden Abyss!

Old 02-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #439
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

1Up continues to talk up Golden Abyss! They've published a lovely piece on the making of Uncharted: Golden Abyss over at their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvin
"In early 2010 we had been working on the game for a while," he explains. "[Naughty Dog] had given us a lot of assets which we were using to prototype gameplay. We had a version of the Uncharted 2 warzone streets running, for example, to test our ability to push polygons, and we had all their animations to get Drake's move set up and running. When I finally had some character and plot ideas, we arranged a huge meeting. We flew down 10-12 of our leads to meet with their leads, and while the guys were going over art and tech stuff, I gave a pitch to Evan Wells, Amy Hennig, and a few others. The tricky thing with working on someone else's franchise is that while you can't step on anything they might be planning, you don't want to create something that is so peripheral that players don't care. I can't remember exactly what I pitched -- something about Drake and Elena, a Sully idea, a Drake origin story; I think at that point we were even pitching doing Uncharted as a hub game -- but I do remember that every idea I had got shot down. [Laughs]"

Gannador!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #440
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Golden Abyss Launch trailer!

With it come the first reviews from all the usual sources. None of which have been vetted/read/whatever by myself, so please proceed with caution if you're interested in preserving any surprises.

Nathan Drake: Grave Rubber

Golden Abyss-mal?

Finally, you get to touch Nathan Drake!

Before Drake Knew He Had a Fortune

The local Gamestop had their Vita under lock and key today so there was no demoing to be had. I still need to get over to that Vita Hill Social Club and give it a whirl.

Here's a video review if you're so inclined.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #441
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

The second of the Flashback Map Packs hits the Playstation Store tomorrow, February 21st! Available when the store updates -- around 5pm PST -- it includes four additional maps from Among Thieves, and raises the total number of available multi-player maps to 19!

The Plaza, Village, Train Wreck, & Temple (#@!&#!) have been updated with all new lighting & particle effects, and other whiz bang technical stuff, that only the Drake's Deception engine could provide. It's available for free starting tomorrow for all Fortune Hunter's Club members or for the princely sum of $9.99!

Dig the trailer! I'd say it was fake if it didn't come directly from Naughty Dog! (Because nobody goes after the idol in Plunder!)

Gannador!

The above image was rather coyly posted at the end of Naughty Dog's last Drake's Deception blog post. What was it for? The Dogs wouldn't say except to look out for news in the coming weeks. Some of us thought it had something to do with the djinn/fire demons/whatever that appear in the latter half of the game, and it turns out we were right!

Set to drop in March of this year, the Co-Op Shade Survival Mode pits Drake & Co. against what appears to be a horde of djinn/fire demons/whatever in a duel to the death. Little else aside from the name was announced, but do check out the full post for the full-res picture.

If you're like me and were slightly disappointed that they weren't featured more, then you should be eagerly expecting this new game mode! More so if the Cursed Spaniards, Yeti, and Guardians make an appearance!

Stay tuned for more details as always!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #442
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Hirsute, non-responsive wallflowers rejoice! Yes, Sony gave the final seal of approval on Play Arts Kai's Nathan Drake figurine! Entertainment Earth has it listed for shipping this month and retailing for $54.99.

Dig the articulation!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #443
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Naughty Dog has released the trailer for what they've announced as the next-to-final piece of DLC for Drake's Deception, the Co-op Shade Survival Mode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric @ Naughty Dog
The Djinn haunt this mode as you and your friends will be assaulted by wave after wave of progressively more demanding opponents. There are eight rounds in total. The Djinnís ability to catch fire and teleport poses a formidable challenge to team strategy and coordination. Later rounds include highly skilled Djinn sporting extra armor and firepower so get ready for a hearty battle.

Check out the full announcement over at Naughty Dog's official site. Once you're done reading, feel free to join in on the teeth gnashing with the minor debacle that the Fortune Hunter's Club has become!

The Co-op Shade Survival Mode drops on the 13th of March @ the Playstation Store.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #444
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Drake's Deception is nearly six months old now and Naughty Dog has pumped out a significant amount of DLC... of varying quality. While it hasn't been formally announced yet, the final bit of DLC has been teased.

The Ship Graveyard

The Old Quarter

The Oasis

Considering that each of the previous map packs contained four individual maps, there should be one more map included with this final offering. I'd put money on something from the South American part of the campaign since it's the only region unrepresented thus far.

You can check out the full set of teaser images on Naughty Dog's Flickr page.

I"m most looking forward to playing in The Oasis, but take a look at the shots for the Ship Graveyard and tell me that it doesn't look like you'll be able to flank your opponents and/or perform stealth take downs underwater?!

Dig these. You've either read it or heard it all before, but it's still worth watching again. Here's a creative team that still gets it.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #445
michael
IndyFan

The 4th one is London Streets

more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/playsta...og/7039688667/
Old 04-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #446
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
The 4th one is London Streets

Merde! Je deteste Londres! I would've sworn that the Dogs would have done something for Cartagena. A rain drenched fight through the streets of Colombia's fifth largest city would have been a very much appreciated.

Well, maybe there'll be a future map release that we'll be able to look forward to! Though, with development on The Last of Us speeding rapidly along, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

We do have a release date, though! The Drake's Deception Map Pack debuts on the Playstation Network on the 10th of April!

Gannador!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Dog
We put a lot of love and polish into each map and each map has a new dynamic event that occurs as the match progresses. A patrol boat will circle the border of Graveyard launching grenades over the map as it cruises along its path. In Oasis, a plane drops a shipping crate that can flatten you or your enemy if you donít move out of its way in time. The crate contains a power weapon if youíre smart enough to stay out of the crateís shadow. London Street and Old Quarter contain dynamic events as well but we want to leave you a couple big surprises now donít we?

The pack will set you back $9.99 by itself or is available to Fortune Hunter's Club suckers gratis. Once the pack does drop, the club's doors will be shuttered and barred. In other words, this is the last bit of DLC you'll be entitled to. Everything else afterwards you'll have to purchase.

And for those of us who dabbled around with Among Thieves' multi-player component, then you might welcome the return of The Lab.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #447
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Just a brief update today.

If you've taken a gander at The Art of Uncharted 2 from Ballistic Press, then you know that the stories don't spring forth fully formed like Minerva herself. No, a lot of work goes into developing what eventually glimmers to life on teevee monitors everywhere. A lot of that work ends up on the cutting room floor, but IGN has put together a sampling of some of the concept art that didn't quite make the final cut in Drake's Deception.

Take a look at 'em over here.

The Drydock
Old 04-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #448
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Have you seen this? It appeared on the EU Playstation Visage Livre page earlier. Nice design, quick and dirty bit of history, and a slew of uselessly cool statistics!

Note the gaping holes on Africa and most of South America. Those holes desperately need to be filled.

Click the pic for the full-sized image .

Like, this is so hella rad yo.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #449
michael
IndyFan

That's a beautiful infographic!

Le Saboteur, you hear about the upcoming 1.11 patch?

A few changes, but most noticeably:

Quote:
• Plunder and Team objective kills/deaths do not affect your stats

• Game quits still effect your K/D and the match will count as a loss.

video of patch notes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1r_JtQHbGk

Plunder should be incredibly epic in the near future!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #450
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Le Saboteur, you hear about the upcoming 1.11 patch?

I did! Some good things there, but, like you said, Plunder should be fantastic. I downloaded the Drake's Deception map pack the other day, and I'll definitely give it a go here in the near future.

Has anybody else seen this yet?

Rules here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandai
In the end, someone suggested Uncharted, with its outstanding visuals, set pieces, music, and character design. The game seemed to come together very easily, with cards you play representing the various weapons, actions, or set pieces, and another randomized deck featuring treasures to discover and enemies to fight. We even had a great system for cover being used, enabling players to mitigate their damage accordingly.