TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #26
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Given her chemistry with Harrison in Blade Runner, do you think Sean Young should've been considered for another role? We got three female 'stereotypes' if you will--Marion, the tomboy, tough girl; Willie, the blonde cowardly diva; Elsa, the 1940s femme fatale. I always thought Sean Young would've been great for a role as a love interest similar to Molly (in the YIJC)--Something of a more sensitive, less worldly love interest. I'm not talking about in ToD or LC--Just in some other "unmade" IJ movie--a dream of a movie made either between TOD and LC or between LC and KOTCS.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #27
pete33
IndyFan

lol i think sean young is far more beautiful then karen allen and i think it would have been interesting to see her in this role but its funny she was in blade runner. sean young had problems in her life and career, which i found sad cuz she was so gorgeus and also talented but ah well, cant always get the bigtime.
pete33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #28
Brooke Logan
IndyFan

I never knew Sean Young was considered for the role, I only ever heard of Debra Winger being wanted for the role.

Well I think Karen Allen is a great actress, not just in this role but in the others I've seen her in. So I think she worked out great.

But after reading in Melissa Anderson's (Mary from Little House) book that she was considered for the role, since I think Melissa is so talented and gorgeous, I can't help wondering what it would have been like for her to be Marion!
Brooke Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #29
Vance
IndyFan

Sean Young would have been (at the time) a perfect woman to play a role in the Indiana Jones universe...

... just not Marion.
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #30
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Given her chemistry with Harrison in Blade Runner, do you think Sean Young should've been considered for another role? We got three female 'stereotypes' if you will--Marion, the tomboy, tough girl; Willie, the blonde cowardly diva; Elsa, the 1940s femme fatale. I always thought Sean Young would've been great for a role as a love interest similar to Molly (in the YIJC)--Something of a more sensitive, less worldly love interest. I'm not talking about in ToD or LC--Just in some other "unmade" IJ movie--a dream of a movie made either between TOD and LC or between LC and KOTCS.

I agree with this idea, as I really felt a ton of sympathy for Molly. A touching character.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote