Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 03-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #201
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
The new Indy actor hasn't been born yet.
Hmmm cryptic. Sounds like an Anti-Christ anecdote.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #202
Supernatural
IndyFan

Does anyoneone like Josh Brolin for the part? Because I do.

And for anyone who hates the idea of a reboot, he could be a grown up Mutt.
It could be a sequel. Just as long as we get rid of Le Boof.
Supernatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #203
mikieson
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernatural
Does anyoneone like Josh Brolin for the part? Because I do.

And for anyone who hates the idea of a reboot, he could be a grown up Mutt.
It could be a sequel. Just as long as we get rid of Le Boof.
Why do people not like Shia Labeouf? Didnt people praise him in Holes? One minute is being praised the next being thrown to the sharks..He's a good actor.Wonder if most people that hated MUTT would have hated any actor that played him? Im guessing so...Shia/MUTT is a great actor,character and I hope to see him in IndyV
mikieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #204
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
I like Shia. I have nothing at all against him. I liked him in Holes, I liked him in Disturbia, I liked him in KotCS, and I even liked him in Transformers.
But, (and that can be a very big but!), most people just don't like the character of Mutt Williams, and for that; it left a bad taste in their mouths when they think of Shia.

First impressions and all of that...
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #205
mikieson
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drifter
I like Shia. I have nothing at all against him. I liked him in Holes, I liked him in Disturbia, I liked him in KotCS, and I even liked him in Transformers.
But, (and that can be a very big but!), most people just don't like the character of Mutt Williams, and for that; it left a bad taste in their mouths when they think of Shia.

First impressions and all of that...
So they dont like that Indy has a son? OR they dont like how the character MUTT was written?
Old 03-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #206
Supernatural
IndyFan

Aside from the fact that I'm just not a fan of his acting and the way he handles himself in public, (drinking and driving, drunken rampage in a Walgreen's pharmacy, bragging about sleeping with Megan Fox), I find it hard to believe someone like Karen Allen and like Harrison Ford had him as a son.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #207
Mickiana
IndyFan

Don't like Shia or Mutt. One of the good things about Indy5 not happening is that Shia won't get to be Mutt again.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #208
mikieson
IndyFan

Quote:
Aside from the fact that I'm just not a fan of his acting and the way he handles himself in public, (drinking and driving, drunken rampage in a Walgreen's pharmacy, bragging about sleeping with Megan Fox), I find it hard to believe someone like Karen Allen and like Harrison Ford had him as a son.
He's young..Does dumb things,says some dumb things..we grow,mature, and move on. AND if I slept with Megan Fox you better believe I would be bragging..sounds human to me?

AND any time Ive ever seen him on tv he comes off as a decent person. Does it mean he is? NO..but it means he acts right when its time..I like him pretty well. Heck if we disliked,condemned all the actors that did what he has done,I guess we wouldnt really like or have any of them to enjoy.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:55 AM   #209
replican't

The world doesn't need any more Indiana Jones.

A new actor? What an absurd notion. Let dead dogs lie.
replican't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #210
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by replican't
The world doesn't need any more Indiana Jones.

A new actor? What an absurd notion. Let dead dogs lie.

That's foolish. Don't let KOTCS sour your judgement on the whole series.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #211
replican't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
That's foolish. Don't let KOTCS sour your judgement on the whole series.

The world has moved on. We got two good films, a half-decent one and a craptastic one. We don't need any more. Really.

So what if he's Indiana Jones? He has a hat, a whip, does adventures. It's not a big deal if we never see him on the big screen again. He was only a cipher in the first place, not a real person.

Let him die with KoCS. He's out of time.

Last edited by replican't : 03-23-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #212
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
The world has moved on. We got two good films, a half-decent one and a craptastic one. We don't need any more. Really.

So what if he's Indiana Jones? He has a hat, a whip, does adventures. It's not a big deal if we never see him on the big screen again. He was a cipher in the first place.

Of course we don't need another one (do we even really need movies at all?), but I, and many others would like to see him on the big screen again.
It's not gonna happen, but I would like for it to become reality.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #213
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:

So what if he's Indiana Jones? He has a hat, a whip, does adventures. It's not a big deal if we never see him on the big screen again. He was only cipher in the first place, not a real person.

Let him die with KoCS. He's out of time.

I think I might be a Nexus-6 skin job as well, as Tyrell programmed me with similar thoughts.

Other anti-heroes are available.

And besides, as I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy
Let's face it, Indy's become a rubbish franchise. In 2008 he soiled his undies and those skidmarks just aren't going to wash out.

With George and Steven at the helm Indy'll just wear those undercrackers on the outside, Superman style, as he sets out to save the world again.

Indy's had his day until the reboots come, and that's only when they've managed to shoe-horn old 15 chins six-feet under.

And the reboots won't be nearly as good as the originals, so why bother? Indy was a Harrison Ford vehicle.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #214
The Drifter
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieson
So they dont like that Indy has a son? OR they dont like how the character MUTT was written?

Most people just don't like the character. After almost four years of haunting this board every day, and reading so many people's opinions, that is the gist of it IMO.
I have felt that way before, but now; I really wouldn't mind seeing Mutt in the fedora. I like Shia as an actor, and Mutt the character has grown on me as well.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #215
Supernatural
IndyFan

Really? You'd announce to the world in a egotistical and obnoxious manner something that was supposed to be private between two people?
I don't see Fox talking about it. So I think it was supposed to ber private.

He's a class act.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:54 AM   #216
replican't

Quote:
Really? You'd announce to the world in a egotistical and obnoxious manner something that was supposed to be private between two people?
I don't see Fox talking about it. So I think it was supposed to ber private.

He's a class act.

I'm not the one trying to make a career out of getting my face on a gigantic screen in front of a paying audience as often as possible.

Actors are, you know, weird creatures.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #217
Supernatural
IndyFan

Quote:
I'm not the one trying to make a career out of getting my face on a gigantic screen in front of a paying audience as often as possible.

Actors are, you know, weird creatures.

Sorry, that wasn't meant for you. I guess I should use the quote feature a bit more often.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #218
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

Watching YIJC this evening. Does anyone think SPF could pull off a 1930's Indiana Jones?

While I'm not a huge YIJC fan or SPF fan or a fan of a reboot, at least if they did do a reboot he would give some consistency to the series instead of us adding another actor to the list of Indy's.
Henry W Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:47 AM   #219
Supernatural
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry W Jones
While I'm not a huge YIJC fan or SPF fan or a fan of a reboot, at least if they did do a reboot he would give some consistency to the series instead of us adding another actor to the list of Indy's.

Such a good point.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #220
Sir Galahad
IndyFan

I would love to see a 20's and 30's Indiana Jones. I agree with Henry W Jones. I would pick SPF for continuity but the problem is. . . SPF is 46 while Harrison Ford was 39 when he did Raiders. The age difference would be noticeable.
Sir Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #221
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Galahad
I would love to see a 20's and 30's Indiana Jones. I agree with Henry W Jones. I would pick SPF for continuity but the problem is. . . SPF is 46 while Harrison Ford was 39 when he did Raiders. The age difference would be noticeable.

It doesn't have to start before Raiders and I think the actor change from HF to SPF would be the most distracting not age. I also tossed out the idea more for conversation, I am not wanting a reboot at all. I feel the series should not continue without Ford and maybe someone with some creativity could come up with a similar character that is not a blatant rip off.
Henry W Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:43 AM   #222
Rivers
IndyFan

Have the Indy 5 teaser with SPF as a younger Indy which leads into the main story with Harrison.
I'd love it!!
Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #223
Sir Galahad
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry W Jones
It doesn't have to start before Raiders and I think the actor change from HF to SPF would be the most distracting not age. I also tossed out the idea more for conversation, I am not wanting a reboot at all. I feel the series should not continue without Ford and maybe someone with some creativity could come up with a similar character that is not a blatant rip off.

I would use SPF for films before the Harrison Ford timeline (before ROTLA). That way the transition wouldn't be too distracting since the films would begin after the last episode of the Young Indiana Jones series. I always wonder what other stories we could've got if Lucas, Spielberg and Ford would've done at least two more films before KOTCS.
Sir Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #224
Supernatural
IndyFan

It was mentioned that Short Round became an archeologist. Would you want to see Quan in a movie with a grown up Mr. Round over Mutt?

I think it sounds interesting.

Could it be any worse?
Old 04-04-2012, 03:03 AM   #225
replican't

Quote:
It was mentioned that Short Round became an archeologist. Would you want to see Quan in a movie with a grown up Mr. Round over Mutt?

I think it sounds interesting.

Could it be any worse?

Sounds godawful.