Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 01-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #51
Icybro
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJTHX1138
I can't even get to the next level wihtout buying something or building a farmhouse . . . in the middle of a jungle expedition . . . yeah, I'm not playing this any more, Zynga can kiss it. How do you completely miss the point?

Look, I've played this game every day for months now, and I'll be the first to say it's got its issues . . . in fact, I'd advise anyone who's not an Indiana Jones superfan to stay clear. Like most of these Facebook games, it's addictive without being much fun.

But I would quibble with the notion that you can't advance without ponying up real currency. I'm on level 27, and I haven't paid one red cent. And you don't have to pay real money to get a fedora; it costs 200 "coins"--the in-game currency, earned by adventuring and collecting treasure and whatnot. On the other hand, an "aviator hat" will cost you 50 "Zynga bucks," which does translate into real money--about $6.25. But you don't have to buy an aviator hat, or anything else that costs real money, to play through the game.

I'm just waiting for Zynga to get through all the holiday-themed content, so they can get back to Indy. I don't care about Dr. Klaus' search for the West Pole (ugh) . . . gimme some Belloq or Marcus Brody or something . . .
Icybro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #52
HJTHX1138
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icybro
Look, I've played this game every day for months now, and I'll be the first to say it's got its issues . . . in fact, I'd advise anyone who's not an Indiana Jones superfan to stay clear. Like most of these Facebook games, it's addictive without being much fun.

But I would quibble with the notion that you can't advance without ponying up real currency. I'm on level 27, and I haven't paid one red cent. And you don't have to pay real money to get a fedora; it costs 200 "coins"--the in-game currency, earned by adventuring and collecting treasure and whatnot. On the other hand, an "aviator hat" will cost you 50 "Zynga bucks," which does translate into real money--about $6.25. But you don't have to buy an aviator hat, or anything else that costs real money, to play through the game.

I'm just waiting for Zynga to get through all the holiday-themed content, so they can get back to Indy. I don't care about Dr. Klaus' search for the West Pole (ugh) . . . gimme some Belloq or Marcus Brody or something . . .

Oh, I guess not then . . .

I really don't know, the experience as a whole is way too frustrating. I can't get back into it.
HJTHX1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #53
Icybro
IndyFan

They've started a new Indy story: "Indiana Jones and the Riddle of the Sphinx." (I know, I know; Indy already solved the Secret of the Sphinx in that last Max McCoy novel . . . never you mind about that.) The MacGuffin this time around is the Library of Alexandria. You're joined by Indy, a mysterious new villain ("The Man with the Silver Eye"), and most importantly:

(Yep, that's Sallah!)
Old 01-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #54
Attila the Professor

Aww...the Library of Alexandria is one of the most compelling items out there that hasn't yet been covered in a major entry. Shame to see it go to waste here. (Not that this is major, though it is recent.)

Still, nice to see that they're expanding the world of the game, even if they're shrinking it a bit too.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:05 AM   #55
fenris
IndyFan

I stopped playing the game a few months before. Never got to see Indy in the game. It began to get boring, just like Farmville and Mafia Wars.

I'd rather see screenshots of Indy in the game than actually play the game now. Hahaha!
fenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #56
Crack that whip
IndyFan

I started playing the game and then quit temporarily when I recently found myself away from Facebook in general most of the time for the past several weeks, but do plan to return.
Crack that whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #57
Exulted Unicron
IndyFan

I've been playing and I was in the current Library of Alexandria mission and I found this in one of the scrolls

Exulted Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #58
Attila the Professor

Hal Barwood, is that you?
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #59
Plaristes
IndyFan

I haven't played this game (I'm no gamer), but I'd like to know when it's set. Forrestal is still alive, so it's set before Raiders. Is there anything more specific than that?
Plaristes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:51 AM   #60
Finn

My guess is that it's not exactly canon, so they can freely muck up the timeline and bring up characters and events from all over.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #61
Plaristes
IndyFan

Sure, it may not be in-continuity, but that doesn't automatically mean it doesn't have a timeline placement. Is it really just all over the map timeline-wise, or does it have a setting more specific than just sometime before Raiders?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #62
RateofNate
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaristes
Sure, it may not be in-continuity, but that doesn't automatically mean it doesn't have a timeline placement. Is it really just all over the map timeline-wise, or does it have a setting more specific than just sometime before Raiders?
I might be completely wrong, but I think I read somewhere that it takes place in 1931 or '32. Like I said, I'm not sure though.
With that said, I enjoyed the game for a bit as the entire theme of it is pretty fun, but I'm getting very tired of it begging me to ask others to play simply so I can progress with the plot.
RateofNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #63
Crack that whip
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateofNate
I'm getting very tired of it begging me to ask others to play simply so I can progress with the plot.

That's my biggest issue with the game. I do want to play through and enjoy the game if only to fully experience the Indy gaming canon (and I must say parts of this game are actually pretty fun anyway), but I don't want to bug all my friends and acquaintances with requests for this and that unless I know they're interested in playing.

I friended another Ravener a while ago specifically in order to have someone to whom I could send game requests and so on, and it's helpful, but ideally one should have more than one or two people; to complete some missions one might need several copies of something within a short timeframe, and having just one or two people to ask won't do.

Perhaps any and all Raveners interested in this game should post in this thread that they're willing to send in-game gifts and whatnot to others, and we can then all send private messages to one another with our FB handles and so on...
Old 02-25-2012, 12:39 AM   #64
RateofNate
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack that whip
Perhaps any and all Raveners interested in this game should post in this thread that they're willing to send in-game gifts and whatnot to others, and we can then all send private messages to one another with our FB handles and so on...
Yea, I'd definitely be cool with that. It'd be nice to play this game with some fellow Indy fans no doubt
RateofNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #65
Icybro
IndyFan

Belloq makes an appearance in the latest installment:

Old 03-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #66
Icybro
IndyFan

. . . and here comes Marcus.

Zynga's pumping out new playable content much faster than it can be played.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #67
Sakis
TR.N Staff Member

Hey guys I need some help from neighbors, so you are welcomed to join: https://www.facebook.com/#!/sakis.perivolaris
Sakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #68
Crack that whip
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateofNate
Yea, I'd definitely be cool with that. It'd be nice to play this game with some fellow Indy fans no doubt

Sending you a PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #69
sabacc
IndyFan

Adventure friends

I play the game as well, and am frustrated by the constant need to bother your friends to progress. One way that I minimize the trouble is to create a friend group called Adventure World, so that every time I make a request I only post it to that particular group.

While I wouldn't generally look for game friends, I wouldn't mind having extra Indyfans in my network. Send me a message on Facebook if you'd like another Adventure World neighbor.
sabacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #70
Icybro
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabacc
One way that I minimize the trouble is to create a friend group called Adventure World, so that every time I make a request I only post it to that particular group.

Great tip, sabacc!

Sakis clued me into another big secret: Fancy Gaming Simplifier, available for Firefox and Chrome. It automates collecting bonuses, so you don't have to hunt down and click on individual posts. Huge timesaver!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #71
Icybro
IndyFan

Not sure if anybody still cares about this thread -- you should! as far as new Indy content is concerned, Adventure World is really the only game in town right now -- but here's Marion:

Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #72
Plaristes
IndyFan

Wait, Marion is in the game? Does that work timelinewise?
Old 05-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #73
Icybro
IndyFan

Quote:
Wait, Marion is in the game? Does that work timelinewise?

This particular adventure features Marion, but not Indy. It's 1934, which I believe makes it her earliest appearance in the chronology . . . ?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #74
Plaristes
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icybro
This particular adventure features Marion, but not Indy. It's 1934, which I believe makes it her earliest appearance in the chronology . . . ?

Is the entire game set in 1934?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #75
Icybro
IndyFan

Quote:
Is the entire game set in 1934?

It appears so. The only in-game reference to the date was in a letter in a bottle from Marcus, and there's been no indication of any passage of time as far as I can tell.