TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #226
mikieson
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernatural
It was mentioned that Short Round became an archeologist. Would you want to see Quan in a movie with a grown up Mr. Round over Mutt?

I think it sounds interesting.

Could it be any worse?
actually ive brought this up before..having shortround kind of going against Indy..working more for the money then the love of it...then having a change of heart along the way and both of them teaming up and kickingbutt...shortround was a great character about my favorite next to Indy. would love it if they could work him in..
mikieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #227
replican't
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieson
actually ive brought this up before..having shortround kind of going against Indy..working more for the money then the love of it...then having a change of heart along the way and both of them teaming up and kickingbutt...shortround was a great character about my favorite next to Indy. would love it if they could work him in..

A 70 year old Indy and an adult version of the annoying kid from Temple in the same film?

I better change my trousers, the excitement is uncontainable!
replican't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #228
mikieson
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by replican't
A 70 year old Indy and an adult version of the annoying kid from Temple in the same film?

I better change my trousers, the excitement is uncontainable!
Well the people that still accept HF as Indy would be fine with about anything..it seems the ones with the problems are the people that hate Mutt and hate thinking of a 70 year old man kicking butt still...I choose to like about anything..and KOTCS shows me HF still has it!!
mikieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #229
Rivers
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by replican't
A 70 year old Indy and an adult version of the annoying kid from Temple in the same film?

I better change my trousers, the excitement is uncontainable!


Remember... Harrison is 70, Indy wouldnt be.
Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #230
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by replican't
I better change my trousers, the excitement is uncontainable!

Quote:
[A crashing noise upstairs interrupts him.]

Baldrick: What do you think that is?

Edmund: Well, if I was feeling malicious, I would say it's the prince still trying to put his trousers on after a week.

Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #231
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan
 
Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers
Remember... Harrison is 70, Indy wouldnt be.
Yeah... he'd be 65-70
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #232
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
Yeah... he'd be 65-70

...if the movie was set between 1965 and 1970...

Indiana Jones Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

Now there's a thought.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #233
foreignerfred
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 220
I've said it, and I'll say it again.

DENNIS QUAID for 1940's Indy.

Watch this and just TRY to tell me no:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=ZIJSII0LwSY
foreignerfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #234
mikieson
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreignerfred
I've said it, and I'll say it again.

DENNIS QUAID for 1940's Indy.

Watch this and just TRY to tell me no:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=ZIJSII0LwSY
Umm......NO..
mikieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:36 AM   #235
Kernunnos
IndyFan
 
Kernunnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chesham, UK
Posts: 275
I think Dennis Quaid would do an absolutely superb 1940's Indy, but I doubt Harrison would be happy about it, and I'd rather see a couple more films with Harrison set in the late 50's or the 60's.
Kernunnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #236
Ska
IndyFan
 
Ska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,438
It's amazing how much Quaid and Ford have such similar characteristics.

I'd be all for a Dennis Quaid Indy. Hell I'll take a Randy Quaid Indy at this point!
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #237
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
It's amazing how much Quaid and Ford have such similar characteristics.

I'd be all for a Dennis Quaid Indy.

There's 12 years of Indy left in him. Before he catches up with Harry!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #238
mikieson
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
There's 12 years of Indy left in him. Before he catches up with Harry!
Thing is..if we are going to have an older Indy "and Denis Quaid is older"..might as well stick with Harrison Ford. Get one more awesome Indy adventure out of him and let it be done..

THEN in 10 years OR after I die, reboot,prequels,sequels,ect what ever the people want..
mikieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #239
Moedred
Administrator
 
Moedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: California
Posts: 3,880
Shia for 1920's recast?

Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #240
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,497





What about the guy in the passenger seat? He's bound to be a better actor than Shia, because everyone is.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #241
Mickiana
IndyFan
 
Mickiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,089
Shia's involvement with Indiana Jones: one movie too many. Not his fault though. Those responsible haven't helped him to become a competent actor, if indeed he is capable. He was miscast as Indiana Jones' son. That's it for him in the indyverse.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #242
mikieson
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
Shia's involvement with Indiana Jones: one movie too many. Not his fault though. Those responsible haven't helped him to become a competent actor, if indeed he is capable. He was miscast as Indiana Jones' son. That's it for him in the indyverse.
I honestly for the life of me cant find fault with Shias acting? Its not that im a huge fan. I just dont see it. I personally think he does a great job. BUT then again some people think Tom Hanks is the best actor out there...I dont..Heck I dont even like Robert DeNiro outside of "meet the parent" movies..So not everyone sees the same things. I see Shia as just as good as any of the mentioned..
mikieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #243
emtiem
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieson
I honestly for the life of me cant find fault with Shias acting? Its not that im a huge fan. I just dont see it. I personally think he does a great job. BUT then again some people think Tom Hanks is the best actor out there...I dont..Heck I dont even like Robert DeNiro outside of "meet the parent" movies..So not everyone sees the same things. I see Shia as just as good as any of the mentioned..

Agreed; he's pretty decent. 'Indy's son' could have been a disaster but I think he makes a decent job of it. He doesn't exactly steal the film, but not everyone's Sean Connery. I don't think he does anything wrong in Skull; if anything he maybe plays too safe.
emtiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #244
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtiem
'Indy's son' could have been a disaster

Indy's son was a disaster!

Shia is just Shia.

By the same token Harrison is just Harrison. Except he has some charisma. (Unless he's playing himself, in which case he's exceedingly dull and often bordering on catatonic).
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #245
Olliana
IndyFan
 
Olliana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Indy's son was a disaster!

Shia is just Shia.

By the same token Harrison is just Harrison. Except he has some charisma. (Unless he's playing himself, in which case he's exceedingly dull and often bordering on catatonic).

And people thinking Harrison is just himself in his movies is what makes him such a great actor. Because it is NOT easy to make it look like that.
Olliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #246
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliana
And people thinking Harrison is just himself in his movies is what makes him such a great actor. Because it is NOT easy to make it look like that.

Harrison is a one-trick pony. But it's a very good trick.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #247
mikieson
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Harrison is a one-trick pony. But it's a very good trick.
I see a very different HF in all his movies. THe 2 that are similar in ways to me would be Han and Indy..other than that he does pretty good and bringing something new each time. Good actor. Probably one of the all time best actually...and I dont even like all his movies. I just know good talent when I see it.
mikieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #248
emtiem
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Indy's son was a disaster!

No, he wasn't. He didn't ruin the movie because he didn't overshadow the rest of the cast at all: Crystal Skull isn't the one people remember as 'the one with the son', for better or worse. Last Crusade is 'the one with his dad'.

Also, I'd kind of agree Ford is a one trick pony, but then something like Mosquito Coast showed that he has got more than one trick: he just never liked to use it.
emtiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #249
Mickiana
IndyFan
 
Mickiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,089
CS was like a subset of problems within a larger problem. Shia was one of those subset problems. He's young and undeveloped as an actor. He's too much himself in his roles and he's too popular, probably because of the teenage female fan base. And his role in CS, while not all his fault, was, well, I just can't say anything flattering about it.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #250
Marshall2288
IndyFan
 
Marshall2288's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 150
This probably won't win over any popularity votes for me but I think Eric Bana, Clive Owen if he can do an American accent or even Adrian Brody (after seeing that he CAN be cool in Predators) could do a pretty good Indy.
Marshall2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.