Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #351
Supernatural
IndyFan

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

When the first added Indiana Jones to the Raiders title, I thought "That's WAY too long for a title. Then I noticed Crystal Skull was even longer after counting the letters.

Indiana Jones and the Impossibly Long Movie Title!
Supernatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #352
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
Indiana Jones: Episode 1

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #353
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #354
Crack that whip
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by replican't
I think you've spent too long thinking about all this stuff.

Raiders has Indiana Jonesandthe in it. Of course it does. But it also has that hot bird and cool evil Nazis and the Ark. It's got lots of ace stuff in it.
It's bigger than just Indiana Jonesandthe.

Look - Lucas is a wobbly-necked meddler who milks bone dry every cash cow he is involved with. Then fiddles with it some more, until it is so deformed and twisted it begs digitally to be put out its misery.

Calling it Indiana Jones and The Raiders Of The Lost Ark is wrong and anyone defending the change of title needs to shove a lightsaber where the twin suns don't shine. Until they realise how silly they are being.

Perhaps, except the actual film still hasn't had the title changed. Maybe it will for the BD, and then we can all scream bloody murder about it, but so far it hasn't happened on screen in the actual movie, regardless of what they put on the labels and packages.

Quote:
I bet employees of Lucasarts are forbidden from referring to it as Raiders any more.

I bet that not only is that not the case, but that George Lucas himself doesn't refer to it as "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark." I bet he refers to it as "Raiders of the Lost Ark," or just "Raiders" for short.

Quote:
Come to think of it, is there an audiobook verison of the film? What does that call it?

I doubt it, though I believe there was one released for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, back in the day. IIRC, it was narrated by William Conrad, for whatever reason.
Crack that whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #355
indyclone25
IndyFan

ok, the bluray cover will have the "indiana jones and the raiders of the lost ark" tltle. but the movie itself will remain with just "raiders of the lost ark" just because the people who saw the 30th anniversary print in theatres didn't notice anything changed with the title right?
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:01 AM   #356
replican't

Why fudging change the title on the outside if it doesn't matter then? Why?

God, are you people thick or something?

Lucas is evil and must be destroyed.
replican't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #357
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:

Yes. We are all dumber than you.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #358
replican't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
Yes. We are all dumber than you.

Try not to let it get you down.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #359
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Old 04-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #360
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:

From an aesthetic, design and marketing perspective it is a logical change (albeit facile). It doesn't mean you or I have to like it.
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #361
replican't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vile
From an aesthetic, design and marketing perspective it is a logical change (albeit facile). It doesn't mean you or I have to like it.

Oh, I understand the reason for it well enough - greed dumbs everyone down.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:13 AM   #362
Kt Templar
IndyFan

This may be stating the bleeding obvious, but you do understand that they did this so that in store or where ever the film appeared in lists they would end up being grouped together automatically. You wouldn't have to go to 'R' to find Raiders... The film is still 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.

They are just applying the pattern they did with Star Wars. It's the best solution.

Would have been really silly if they had tried to shoehorn 'Raiders of' in front of each movie. After all production referred to the second film as 'Raiders II' when they were making it. Raiders of the Temple of Doom..... I don't think so.

By the time Last Crusade was made they obviously had their pattern cos they were calling it 'Indy III'.
Kt Templar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #363
Olliana
IndyFan

Hey, what's wrong with Raiders of the Sacred Stones?
Olliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #364
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:

Lucas is evil and must be destroyed.
Get a grip, dude. While I personally don't care at all for "Indiana Jones and the" on ANY packaging for "Raiders", what makes you so absolutely sure that Lucas is/was responsible? The addition might very well have been decided upon by the Paramount marketing department.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack that whip
If and when the Blu-ray comes out with "Indiana Jones and the" appended to the beginning of the movie I'll reconsider, but until then I think this is much ado about nothing. George Lucas has enough to answer for with his actual missteps; there's no need to go about inventing new ones to feed some "Lucas is evil and/or a hack" narrative.

(And really, picking on his looks? Really? We can be better than that.)
Indeed, 'much ado about nothing'. Dr. Sartorius already admitted that the Blu-ray title was an April Fool's joke so, at this point, we don't know how it will be packaged. (It's also noticeable that Lucas' neck has been a main target of criticism from disgruntled fans since 1996.)

Getting back on-topic: I don't like the music that is used for the opening of the Blu-ray commercial. I understand WHY it's there but it's too modern and not Indy-ish in any way. (Should Lucas be blamed for that choice of music? NO! It's marketing, marketing, marketing.)

As far as bonus material is concerned, it wouldn't be a surprise if there was NONE on the initial, Blu-ray release (but would eventually be included on a special, deluxe version about 6-8 months later). We can only hope that this won't be the case...even though this practice is becoming/has become the norm.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #365
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:
Try not to let it get you down.

Hopefully I won't be able to find a wobbly chair to stand on once I figure out how the hell to tie a noose.....while I watch Indy in HD. Who gives a damn about what the words on the screen say before I immerse myself in the glory of film grain and visual clarity. The only thickness I am concerned with is the thickness of my wallet when separate versions will be released (exclusive box-set chotchkies and whatnot).

Will I be physically able to pull out my billfold, knowing the evil that is in George Lucas' heart when that time comes? Yes. Yes I will. Because I am not an obsessive hater. I enjoy his films even though I disagree with what he has done to his legacy. Why? Because Indy means to me today what he did when I was introduced to the character 22 years ago, and my past cannot be taken away by someone putting some stupid words on an illuminated screen, or by changing scenes either, for that matter.

If something like this makes you turn your back on Indy after 550 posts on these boards, or makes you vomit, or makes you hate someone you've never met (yet has given you something to enjoy and obsess over) then you should seriously consider some counseling.

Just sayin.

No, seriously.

Of all the things that could be done with this release, is this what we are going to get our panties in a bunch over, people? Get it together.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #366
indyclone25
IndyFan

well all in all , i will fork over my money to buy the blu rays , i just wish some more info would come out so we could really get excited , cause they are releasing the spiderman movies again on blu ray and they have listed everything on each disc, and the movies will be released in late june or early july so you can use the "movie bucks" to see "the amazing spiderman ." i just don't want to wait til june or july for info on the indy films til then , i'm just like that kid who can't wait for christmas morning.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #367
ArnoldTohtFan
IndyFan

I hope to god that Spielberg and Lucas will be putting as much care and consideration into the presentation of the movies. I mean, with the lengths they're going to with the upcoming Jaws release, I SHOULDN'T by all acounts have anything to worry about. The Indiana Jones series is far greater than Jaws, so fingers crossed it will get the exemplary treatment it deserves for Blu-ray.
ArnoldTohtFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #368
replican't

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldTohtFan
I hope to god that Spielberg and Lucas will be putting as much care and consideration into the presentation of the movies. I mean, with the lengths they're going to with the upcoming Jaws release, I SHOULDN'T by all acounts have anything to worry about. The Indiana Jones series is far greater than Jaws, so fingers crossed it will get the exemplary treatment it deserves for Blu-ray.

Um, no - Jaws is infinitely better than any Indiana Jones movie mate.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #369
Montana Smith
IndyFan

They're going to need a bigger boat (if they plan on getting a cast of geriatrics safely over three more waterfalls).
Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 AM   #370
indyclone25
IndyFan

Quote:
jaws was good , mind you , but as a thriller. not as an a action movie. raiders set the tone for all acton movies that came after . i hope they still put in the making and greta movie stunts , plus maybe even a new documentary, just wish lucasfilm /paramount would give us some more info on the disc's
Old 05-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #371
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyclone25
jaws was good , mind you , but as a thriller. not as an a action movie. raiders set the tone for all acton movies that came after . i hope they still put in the making and greta movie stunts , plus maybe even a new documentary, just wish lucasfilm /paramount would give us some more info on the disc's

I too think Jaws is actually the better movie (although that doesn't mean I have to prefer it)... and whilst I do believe Raiders was a game changer in terms of action movies; I actually believe that it's the TOD (and Return of the Jedi) template for action that's still being followed today.
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #372
ArnoldTohtFan
IndyFan

Quote:

You realise how fake that big rubber shark is gonna look on Blu-ray, right? No seriously, the first time I saw Jaws it was alright, but a few years later I saw Deep Blue Sea and I actually liked that more than Jaws. I know! I can't believe I'm saying that either!

But for me, Jaws and E.T. are some of the most overrated movies I've ever sat through. And its not that I don't understand a cult phenomenon, because Indy is just that and it's my all time favourite adventure series!
ArnoldTohtFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #373
Luisiana Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
They're going to need a bigger boat (if they plan on getting a cast of geriatrics safely over three more waterfalls).

lol awesome comment, but cmon i think the most of us would be happy with anything which is done relating Indy, with HF and a cane or even some Cartoon series, TV, or whatever.

Regards,

LJ

Ps. looking forward to the blu ray
Luisiana Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #374
fenris
IndyFan

If the bluray edition is packed with extras - and I mean NEW extras - that's the only reason I'll buy it and switch to bluray. I want more behind the scenes stuff, documentaries... Perhaps a prop tour - that would be nice, right? Some even have games in 'em...

If any of you has watched the documentary Star Wars: Empire of Dreams, you'd understand what I mean by behind the scenes stuff.
fenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #375
Faleel
IndyFan

I want Isolated Scores.

Atleast 7.1 mix (especially for KOTCS), so perhaps we can get more clean music ripped.
Faleel is offline   Reply With Quote