"About time you showed up,"

The Lone Raider

Seeing as that I'm such a huge fan of the entire Indiana Jones franchise, it's a wonder that I didn't join the forums sooner. But I'm here now, and that's all that matters.

My name is The Lone Raider. It's good to be here, and I look forward to meeting all of you and engaging in all of the various discussions.

Indiana Jones Films Personally Ranked By Me
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. The Last Crusade
3. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
4. Temple of Doom

EDIT: Sorry I didn't realize that my first attempt worked, so now I have two threads instead. My bad. Something went wrong with my computer.

The Lone Raider

Attila the Professor said:
No worries! I deleted the duplicate.

Welcome!
Thanks, man. Glad to be here.

How do I get an avatar? When I go to "Edit Avatar" it just gives me the bubble selecting that I don't want an avatar. Is there a reason for that, or...?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Well, that's explained in the forum rules, which you can find here, but the main thing you need to know is that once you've had 100 posts, you'll be able to have an avatar, but not before. No rushing to get there. :hat:

The Lone Raider

Attila the Professor said:
Well, that's explained in the forum rules, which you can find here, but the main thing you need to know is that once you've had 100 posts, you'll be able to have an avatar, but not before. No rushing to get there. :hat:
I see. Other forums don't have that rule, but I like it. You have to work to earn the good stuff. Thanks man.

Mutt’sGirl04

Seeing as that I'm such a huge fan of the entire Indiana Jones franchise, it's a wonder that I didn't join the forums sooner. But I'm here now, and that's all that matters.
I used to come here for about a decade before I joined!

My name is The Lone Raider. It's good to be here, and I look forward to meeting all of you and engaging in all of the various discussions.

Indiana Jones Films Personally Ranked By Me
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. The Last Crusade
3. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
4. Temple of Doom
That’s how I rank them in my book too!

Well, that's explained in the forum rules, which you can find here,
That link doesn’t take me anywhere 😕 did the content get removed?

Last edited:

The Lone Raider

That’s how I rank them in my book too!
Well, that post is also 7 years old. My feelings have changed, and it's also missing Destiny in the ranking.

As of right now, I like them all equally for different reasons, and I can't place one above the other. However, I do feel that Crusade is slightly better than the rest for having done a deeper dive into Indy's personal history and relationships and explaining why he is the way he is. The movie retroactively makes the preceding entries better, and it allows for his character to become far more interesting, nuanced, and human in the two movies following it.

And, if you are one of those who prefers to ignore 4 and 5, then Crusade is the perfect ending for the series because of the way it closes his character arc from the first two. He starts out as more of a shady tomb raider making deals with gangsters and looting sacred indigenous temples, and he ends up losing the desire to chase after artifacts in that way after recovering the original fish that got away (the Cross) and reconciling with his dad after years of estrangement. He only did what he did to fill the void in his heart. Now he's more whole again.

That's why he's generally more noble and heroic in his intentions in the following two films (although not without occasional temptations to revert to his older habits, such as during the cemetery sequence in Crystal Skull). Sure, he still gets a buzz from the adventure, as Helena correctly points out, but his goals are different.

Mutt’sGirl04

Well, that post is also 7 years old. My feelings have changed, and it's also missing Destiny in the ranking.
If only I could use the dial to go back in time, hehe! Sorry about that…

However, I do feel that Crusade is slightly better than the rest for having done a deeper dive into Indy's personal history and relationships and explaining why he is the way he is. The movie retroactively makes the preceding entries better, and it allows for his character to become far more interesting, nuanced, and human in the two movies following it.
That is what makes it such a masterpiece! I wish that all the other films would’ve had that same high level of character development. But Dial comes pretty close, I think.