Disneyland Indiana Jones Jackets

IndyBuff

ROB98374 said:
Sorry for opening an old thread, but I really like this jacket, and wanted to find out more about it.
I heard that it was a limited edition of 500. Can anyone confirm? What was the original selling price? They usually sell on eBay for $500 or more.

I'm not entirely sure. I did buy one years ago at Disney World (probably back around 2006-2008) but I don 't remember what the price was. It's a nice jacket but I'm quite sure I didn't spend $400-500 for it.

As for being limited, I remember seeing quite a few at the parks. They never seemed hard to come by.

Nurhachi1991

This feels unreal posting on this thread again haha.

Fun fact, if memory serves I ended up taking the jacket back to the adventure outpost next time I went to Disneyland and exchanged it for store credit (really wish I didn’t do that.) I bought like a bunch of cheap junk at Disneyland and that was that.

Years later I remembered the jacket and looked everywhere for it but to no avail, but about a week ago I ended up finding the same exact one on Mercari for around $85 it was pretty beat up and the zipper needs to be repaired but it’s the same style as the one I bought all those years ago.

So full circle I guess haha

Billy Ray

I must have missed this thread back in the day...kind of glad I did :rolleyes:

Happy to hear that you found a replacement jacket Nurhachi!

For what it's worth, I got a fedora from Disneyland the first time I ever visited, way back in like '95. I think I paid like $30 for it. It's a pretty good quality hat, but I know it's not a "real deal" prop replica or anything like that, but I still love it. I'm not a big hat guy, but I wore it around the park all day. I now display it along with some other Indy gear that I have picked up over the years. I actually wore it this past Halloween, when I dressed up as Indy. To get to the point, I don't really care what anyone has to say about it, it has special meaning to me and I would never part with it.

Nurhachi1991

I’ve always been big on souvenir and officially licensed items even to this day I enjoy the “tacky tourist” type of souvenir. In the early 2000’s the only place to really see Indy merch on the shelves was Disneyland. So the adventure outpost really held a special place in my heart. Shame it’s no longer there, well the store part of it.

The hats they sold at the adventure outpost were pretty solid for what they were! I had a few of them growing up and they lasted awhile

Billy Ray

Yeah, I was sad to see the Adventure Outpost was gone last time I was at DL. They do have a store in that area though that still sells Indy merchandise, it's just not completely dedicated to Indy stuff and they have a smaller selection.

Randy_Flagg

Fun fact, if memory serves I ended up taking the jacket back to the adventure outpost next time I went to Disneyland and exchanged it for store credit (really wish I didn’t do that.) I bought like a bunch of cheap junk at Disneyland and that was that.
I somehow missed this thread the first time around....
I hope you didn't take the jacket back just because some people on this forum ruined your enjoyment of it. That would really suck, especially considering how happy you were with the jacket in your first post. It really is a nice jacket in its own right, and it clearly isn't TRYING to be screen accurate since it has the Indy logo on it, so I don't get why it was criticized for not being something it was never intended to be. Glad you were able to find a replacement!

Face_Melt

I somehow missed this thread the first time around....
I hope you didn't take the jacket back just because some people on this forum ruined your enjoyment of it. That would really suck, especially considering how happy you were with the jacket in your first post. It really is a nice jacket in its own right, and it clearly isn't TRYING to be screen accurate since it has the Indy logo on it, so I don't get why it was criticized for not being something it was never intended to be. Glad you were able to find a replacement!
It’s just odd that the actual real screen accurate Indy Jacket at Wested Leather is cheaper than the Disney jacket…

To me it would be like Disney’s hat being more expensive than Herbert Johnson’s.